watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham boss ponders loan swoop

Started by SouthWest6, October 23, 2014, 06:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mokes

Sidwell was our best player and top goal scorer last year. Why would we not welcome him back?

Sidders and Parker would do fine in the championship. With an actual defence behind them and McCormack in front of them would be a really solid. It would give kit the freedom to stick Ruiz up top where he seems to be most suited in England.

Ruiz    
                       McCormack
Williams                           Hyndman/Roberts
                  Sidwell  Parker

Stafy     Burn    Budrov   Hoogland
                    Betinelli

Pace and flare out wide. Boss's the middle of the park. a great play maker, a great finisher and a improving defence. I think we would win most games with that team

Max Headroom

I wouldn't touch taraabt.... We have Ruiz and he is a similar player. We need a solid central midfielder. And a left or right back. Gk is fine. Strikers are fine. Wingers are fine. Centre backs are fine...

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Logicalman on October 23, 2014, 10:37:38 PM
Quote from: FFCAli on October 23, 2014, 07:08:37 PM
Sidwell has been mentioned.  Not sure what I think about that.

I'd welcome him back, with him in midfield guiding the youngsters through it would provide a great grounding for their future and the club itself.
Both Hyndman and LVC are central midfielders brining in Sidwell would mean neither would then get a game so no opportunity to guide them, in the summer the consensus was that we had either Parker or Sidwell but not both and I still agree with that view. baird would be a very useful addition but why would he come here on loan when Burnley are playing him regularly and need everyone they have to keep them up.

Holders

I think we just need experienced back-up for Parker's ageing legs or if he gets injured. Hyndman is fine but if we're 1-0 up, under the cosh and Parker has to go off, Baird or Sidders might be a better option.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

twang

Quote from: MasterHaynes on October 24, 2014, 07:07:38 AM

I'd welcome him back, with him in midfield guiding the youngsters through it would provide a great grounding for their future and the club itself.
Both Hyndman and LVC are central midfielders brining in Sidwell would mean neither would then get a game so no opportunity to guide them, in the summer the consensus was that we had either Parker or Sidwell but not both and I still agree with that view. baird would be a very useful addition but why would he come here on loan when Burnley are playing him regularly and need everyone they have to keep them up.

Baird is at WBA and has barely been played this season. Don't know if WBA would let a player they signed as cover leave though.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: MasterHaynes on October 24, 2014, 07:07:38 AM

:plus one:
I'd rather see hyndman, lvc or David playing.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Snibbo

I think some of us tend to forget that players get older and slower.

Baird, like Hangeland, was a great servant in his day, but went downhill towards the end.

That performance of his at the Loftadome must go down as one of the worst ever in a Fulham shirt. Mind you, pretty much all 11 of them were pathetic.

I suspect Kit will be looking for someone just a bit younger and fresher.

Oakeshott

The one weakness in our present set up is lack of experience apart from Scott Parker, and I think injury to him, or to Betts., represents the biggest threat to our continued progress up the Championship.

We "lost" several true Fulham players over the last year or so who would be great cover against such injuries, and who in any case would be valuable given the quantity of games - Baird, Sidwell, Hangeland and most recently Stockdale. I would be delighted to see any or all of them back. Which is NOT, of course, to say I'd like to see all four straight back into the first team, but the ability to play one or more of them as appropriate would give better options than we have currently, and for example given the need largely to rest Scott Parker on Tuesday Sidwell would have been the ideal replacement.

westcliff white

if we play the way we have been with 1 holding and 2 wide the there is no reason Parker/Sidwell wont work, last year we were to flat which is why it was horrid. Is Sidwell paying at stoke?

Don't get me wrong not advocating for him to come back, think there must be others out there from the prem if we are thinking of loaning someone, a goalscorer would be nice if Ross isn't going to play thru the middle
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

Sean Maloney, dont know why he been on the bench at Wigan most of the season, yet
turning in great performances for Scotland.
Great little worker and superb at dead ball situations,Id like to see us
maybe sign him in Jan Window...

Berserker

I'd like Sidders back
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

jj____

Berserker

Yep Kieran ended up quite well by the end of last season

What about Holtby

- Martin Luther King Jr.

BestOfBrede

Berserker

Definitely an Adonis :)

- Martin Luther King Jr.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

FFCAli

My doubt re Sidwell is the same as others have suggested  -  ie it didn't work having him and Parker together in midfield.  It would all depend on how Kit intended to use him and that's something we wouldn't know until it happened!  He might not be interested in coming back if he weren't guaranteed to play.

RidgeRider

Karagounis would be a great addition to the side. He is leader, works hard, and from all accounts was an asset in the training room. I know he liked to flop a bit, but we must remember that he played in leagues where flopping is expected and I noticed he did it less the more he played for us.

I like the suggestion of Baird as well.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFCAli on October 24, 2014, 02:20:14 PM
My doubt re Sidwell is the same as others have suggested  -  ie it didn't work having him and Parker together in midfield.  It would all depend on how Kit intended to use him and that's something we wouldn't know until it happened!  He might not be interested in coming back if he weren't guaranteed to play.
spot, the parker sidwell combo was the worst midfield pairing we have had since before micky adams was in charge. cant believe everyone forgets that players like ruiz ended up in our own third to get the ball because neither of them could get the ball out
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.