watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham boss ponders loan swoop

Started by SouthWest6, October 23, 2014, 06:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Sidwell & Parker together got us where we are. Parker fine but not with Sidwell please.
Where there's a will there's a wife

beijing ben

Darron Gibson, Barry Bannan, Wilson Palacios..

Captain Fulhamerica

I think it either has to be a winger or an experienced CM.  An experienced goalkeeper would also be nice, but Betts has played well enough.

Old timer

Karagounis and if he's still walking Diarra

Twig

Why are most of our loan suggestions a case of back to the future? The past is just that, let's look forward.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Twig on October 26, 2014, 09:50:30 AM
Why are most of our loan suggestions a case of back to the future? The past is just that, let's look forward.

:54:

Nero

what no mention of david bentley or jamie o'hara

Deanothefulhamfan

Options for me would be Chalobah (think he is just being wasted at Chelsea), or a decent fullback.... Flanagan perhaps?

One former player I would love more than most would be Dembele, but really unlikely

the nutflush

Quote from: Old timer on October 26, 2014, 07:54:06 AM

Please be joking.  Diarra after the sixty minute mark was embarrassing last season.  Whats Holtby doing these days?  I would take Richardson back.

shnlwswlkr

Quote from: the nutflush on October 26, 2014, 11:09:44 AM

Please be joking.  Diarra after the sixty minute mark was embarrassing last season.  Whats Holtby doing these days?  I would take Richardson back.

He is on loan back in Germany, isn't he? Would love to see him back in a Fulham shirt one day!
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Snibbo

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on October 26, 2014, 09:53:46 AM

:54:

:54: :54:

ffc73

Quote from: SouthWest6 on October 23, 2014, 06:33:46 PM

"Anyone who comes in has got to be an exceptionally good player, and equally as important, an exceptionally good character, because we've got a great group of lads who are very unselfish and work hard for each other."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-boss-ponders-loan-swoop-7988421?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

We have a very very large squad of players already.  I would not be surprised if there are more discussions about getting players out on loan than bringing players in.

Many debates on here are along the lines of where is X and why is Y not playing.  Exceptionally good character and player is the stated criteria and one presumes one to go straight into the starting IX otherwise what's the point of having the depth we already have?

WolverineFFC

Any additions in the window should be with an eye toward the midfield. Backups/Replacements for Ruiz and Parker are areas club has to consider shoring up. Would be absolutely stunned if Parker could make it the entire season logging the amount of minutes he has so far. As evidenced by the Rotherdam game, the club need somebody with some experience to step into the middle of the midfield when he sits, but also can slide next to him in the regular side from time to time. Someone like Sidwell (but not Sidwell if you ask me) would be ideal.

As for Ruiz, he won't be with the club next season. While I would like to think Roberts or David are ready to step in for him next season, we are not yet sure this is the case.

I don't think we will know who all the available candidates are until we see which teams survive their groups in Europe. I am interested to see if a player like a Bentaleb become available for a 2-3 month loan at that time.

MJG

All I see required is one senior CM as 'backup'  for Parker.

MisfitKid

Thank you, the voice of reason...
If I can quote Garth Algar, "Live in the now!".   :dft011:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Mokes

Quote from: MJG on October 26, 2014, 02:42:06 PM

I'd like to see us get us get a good quality right back. Vosser is terrible and Zverotic is a liability too.

If we had a decent option for right back it would allow us to use Hoogland in that roll when Parker goes off

MJG

Quote from: Mokes on October 26, 2014, 03:26:50 PM

I'd like to see us get us get a good quality right back. Vosser is terrible and Zverotic is a liability too.

If we had a decent option for right back it would allow us to use Hoogland in that roll when Parker goes off
we have a few younger players who can play right back. I would not want another senior one in front of Passley/Grimmer etc with three already in front of them.

Bill2

Quote from: Snibbo on October 24, 2014, 07:51:53 AM
I think some of us tend to forget that players get older and slower.

Baird, like Hangeland, was a great servant in his day, but went downhill towards the end.

That performance of his at the Loftadome must go down as one of the worst ever in a Fulham shirt. Mind you, pretty much all 11 of them were pathetic.

I suspect Kit will be looking for someone just a bit younger and fresher.
Agree we do not need a old player, what we need is someone on the up who has pace, something we are still lacking in.

RidgeRider

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on October 26, 2014, 11:13:41 AM
Quote from: the nutflush on October 26, 2014, 11:09:44 AM

He is on loan back in Germany, isn't he? Would love to see him back in a Fulham shirt one day!

Holtby has some off the pitch problems that started showing up on the pitch after about 3 matches. He was a spark plug though the first 3 to 4 matches for us though. Richardson and Holtby (with is head on straight) would be good additions.

Mokes

Quote from: MJG on October 26, 2014, 04:23:46 PM
Quote from: Mokes on October 26, 2014, 03:26:50 PM
All I see required is one senior CM as 'backup'  for Parker.

we have a few younger players who can play right back. I would not want another senior one in front of Passley/Grimmer etc with three already in front of them.

Send Passley out on loan. Let V & Z play in the reserves and get someone who can play.

If they were good enough they would be picked infront of Zverotic or Vosser. I quite like Passley, but he him in the team would not improve us. Grimmer is an unknown, he came in with such hype and has never been given a go. I'd rather someone proven come in and loan Passley out to get some game time.