watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Roy left...

Started by Tktd, June 30, 2010, 10:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

And then took all our top players like Hangeland and let Schwarzer go etc would your opinion of him change?

I personally think a bit less of him as an individual due to the way he's dealt with the whole situation and hasn't once been honest etc - he's always been relatively disrespectful to Fulham as a club when asked about his future, normally stating something along the lines of "you can never say never, but i'm happy at the moment".

If he left, I fear that there could be somewhat a bit of an exodus if we don't get in a top new manager quickly. Zamora only stayed because of Roy in my opinion as he hated the fans but knew that Roy valued him highly. Hangeland and Schwarzer arguably only stayed because they believed under roy we could achieve things.  I feel Roy going in this manner is really almost pathetic and insulting to the club and what the club and fans have given him and also I fell that it could quite literally knock the wind out of the preverbial sails and leave us back as a struggling premiership club with the potential that we were seeing and hoping for just being a really small blip in Fulhams history. It's almost as if Hodgsons scared to try and take us further and is therefore going to Liverpool.

Argh, annoying - also if Hodgson is waiting to see about a transfer budget - he would be wise to talk to Rafa about the job as Rafa was pretty vocal about being offered various promises and never being given them.

Even if Roy stayed it'd take me a while to get that loving feeling back for him due to the way and the amount of time this has taken.

White Noise

Not for me. What he has done at Fulham will be sacrosanct for me. He can take players if he wants and Fulham let him - that is all part of life. You always get changes when a new manager comes in anyway. The new guy will have a different system and some players won't fit his ideas.

Most teams change personnel pretty quickly anyway - Fulham certainly do. This is a slightly older side than many in The Prem and there are a fair few contracts coming up for renewal over the next 12 months. A new guy may well let people like Simon Davies, Schwarzer, Murphy and Konch go anyway to get some younger bllood into the side.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=1167.0

JBH

Roy has to go now after the debarcle of his move to Liverpool, he has obviously known that he was going weeks ago and the only reason he said nothing was because he hedged his bets incase the Englan job became available.

Thanks Roy for all you have done now do the decent thing and leave our players alone, I wish you luck at LFC because after listening to their fans reaction over your forthcoming appointment you are going to need all the luck in the world.   :doh:

Lighthouse

Roy was our best manager. The weeks and weeks of Liverpool gossip has me less happy with him. We are an old team. There will be changes. It is strange but I feel Roy has GONE and I have said my goodbyes. Love you Roy but don't let the door hit you on the way out. I am Fulham not Roy. The next season could be a disaster or the beginning of greater things.

Roy has gone and we have thanked him. He is now manager of Liverpool (if true). So move on now. I really have no feeling for him at all.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFCBadger

I fear a mass exodus of players over the next 12 months. As stated, we have an ageing squad, and the likes of Davies, Schwarzer, Konchesky and Murphy may well leave the club once there contracts expire, and the likes of Paintsil, Duff, Zamora and Hangeland could all follow Roy out the door, however, say Mark Hughes was to replace Roy as manager, he may well look to bring through the youngsters and 'revamp' the current squad.

I would also expect an influx of ex-Citeh players that have previously worked under Hughes - the likes of Onuoha, Richards and Ireland could all be realistic targets. It's going to be a busy summer in regards to transfers/speculation, and I can foresee a lot of changes at the club over the coming months.

aFFCn_Fan

My take on this whole thing is that Capello is safe. Roy has been told the FA not be making the situation vacant for a little while. He has seen that there is a bigger challenge returning Liverpool to top 4 than we face in the next couple of seasons. And let's face it the guy's not getting any younger (have to strive for new heights before he retires). As has been said elsewhere, Roy thanks for the memories (if all this is true) and good luck, but not against us.

If he takes our best players, then it's quids in for us. The likes of Hangeland we should make a decent profit on if he does go to Anfield. I see similarities with Sparky going from Blackburn to Citeh, Santa Cruz, bought first time round for a low budget and sold to the new club for big money. Fingers crossed if we do lose top players we make some decent money from it.

And I'm hoping it is Hughes that takes over. I think he is like a young Roy in his approach (and the fact he turned down that job in Dubai means he's available). We need some fresh blood in the squad. Roy chose experienced older lads, and I think if he'd have stayed this season he would be looking to bring down the average age of the first team slightly.

I'm sure Hughes would bring in low budget talent and turn them into higher resale options, or "rejects" from Man City - Ireland and Richards would both work well for us. I know it's not progressive thinking but I think it's the type of club we're destined to be. And I don't think Sven would really fit with that quite as well. I've got a Charlton mate who think Curbishley screwed the club over and was instrumental in getting it to the state it's in today. And what I don't want to happen is another ex-player ODriscol to come in and slowly run us down with limited budget like Cookie did.

Unforuntaely the longer this saga all goes on the worst will be the impact on the squad, and less time will be available for us to get over his passing, and get a new manager in and let him shape the squad as he wants it.

@hincharoo