watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Lamela goal last night

Started by Sammyffc, October 24, 2014, 10:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

Would it be wrong for me to say it's probably one, if not the best goal I have ever seen ?  :Haynes The Maestro:

Here's the link to two angles -
https://vine.co/v/OheFEtMTeB9
https://vine.co/v/Ohetg7TdVWw

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

westcliff white

its a good goal, first time i have seen that skill as a shot, but seen it plenty as a pass or cross. Di Maria used it a lot in Spain
Every day is a Fulham day

dannyboi-ffc

Its a very good goal but I think you're being very generous. Maybe I'm biased but kasami's was a much better goal. A better keeper would've saved lamela's whereas kasami's was impossible to save and seemed impossible to score.

It wouldn't even be in my top 20 but its not the most ridiculous statement I've heard this week. That's awarded to " Bryan Ruiz is world class because he plays for Costa Rica".

At least your post has some accuracy to it even if I disagree
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on October 24, 2014, 11:09:25 AM
its a good goal, first time i have seen that skill as a shot, but seen it plenty as a pass or cross. Di Maria used it a lot in Spain

Hazard does it a lot as a cross, Dempsey tried it a few times too but I've never seen a shot like it before

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

leonffc

I think it shows how one footed Lamela is.

FFC1987

It was a goal up there with the best technique around. I'd say its easy top 20. It certainly isn't generous. i'd like to see the person who made that ridiculous statement make an accurate pass doing it let alone a accurate shot on goal.

just_another_day

just to get the power and curle is amazing, even tho hes a spuds player i have to applaud a great goal its defo up there for me

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 24, 2014, 11:45:48 AM
It was a goal up there with the best technique around. I'd say its easy top 20. It certainly isn't generous. i'd like to see the person who made that ridiculous statement make an accurate pass doing it let alone a accurate shot on goal.

Good morning ffc1987, what a lovely day. One can disagree or drag on a debate as I have done by mentioning the genius that they call 'bryan'. But it saddens me you've resorted to calling me a name. It actually hurt my feelings a little bit but I'll soldier on (I know deep down you didn't mean it).

As for the challenge......

Unfortunately I'm not a professional footballer although I weren't bad in my teens Semi pro and all that jazz but I won't be able to display how easy that technique is, although i don't recall actually saying it was easy.

I still believe saying its the best goal ever is a bit of a push but never the less it was still genius.

Lamela's got a few caps for Argentina hasn't he??? How fitting, a WORLD CLASS goal from a WORLD CLASS player.

All the best mate, you'll find my debates and fueds with members don't last long, I'm only interested in loving not hating.

Fingers crossed Bryan scores the winner tonight against Charlton, at least it will prove me wrong.........

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

FFC1987

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 24, 2014, 12:01:03 PM

Good morning ffc1987, what a lovely day. One can disagree or drag on a debate as I have done by mentioning the genius that they call 'bryan'. But it saddens me you've resorted to calling me a name. It actually hurt my feelings a little bit but I'll soldier on (I know deep down you didn't mean it).

Unfortunately I'm not a professional footballer although I weren't bad in my teams. Semi pro and all that jazz but I won't be able to display how easy that technique is, althoughiI don't recall actually saying it was easy.

I still believe saying its the best goal ever is a bit of a push but never the less it was still genius.

Lamela's got a few caps for Argentina hasn't he??? How fitting, a WORLD CLASS goal from a WORLD CLASS player.

All the best mate, you'll find my debates and fueds with members don't last long, I'm only interested in loving not hating.

Fingers crossed Bryan scores the winner tonight against Charlton, at least it will prove me wrong.........

That goal certainly contributes as world class so at least you finally got something right.

westcliff white

Even Carlton Palmer scored the odd decent class, don't forget he was world class too in his day. LOL just a joke don't take offence
Every day is a Fulham day

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 24, 2014, 12:04:55 PM

Unfortunately I'm not a professional footballer although I weren't bad in my teams. Semi pro and all that jazz but I won't be able to display how easy that technique is, althoughiI don't recall actually saying it was easy.

That goal certainly contributes as world class so at least you finally got something right.

It certainly was, I'm glad we agree on something. I can sleep easier tonight now, 

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

FFC1987

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 24, 2014, 12:16:28 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 24, 2014, 12:04:55 PM

It certainly was, I'm glad we agree on something. I can sleep easier tonight now, 

Looking forward to your vine of the goal though.

The Equalizer

That's far from the best goal ever. I've seen 20 better goals come from Fulham players at the Cottage!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FFC1987

Quote from: The Equalizer on October 24, 2014, 12:47:54 PM
That's far from the best goal ever. I've seen 20 better goals come from Fulham players at the Cottage!

Fancy naming them?

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 24, 2014, 12:52:12 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on October 24, 2014, 12:47:54 PM

Fancy naming them?

See ffc 1987 its not just me lol. I think 20 is a bit too many but off the top of my head I think simon Davies vs Hamburg and diop vs united were better. I don't think Dempsey's chip was though, the reason is I don't think any defence/ keeper could've prevented those goals but lamela's/ Dempsey's were down to terrible keepers even though the techniques were incredible.

Jon Harley the same, great goal but it shouldn't have gone in. Maybe kamara overhead kick was better? There's not many but that doesn't make it one of the greatest ever. I can name at least 20 betters goals in my lifetime let alone ever and I'm a 1988 baby

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

cmg

Quote from: leonffc on October 24, 2014, 11:34:08 AM
I think it shows how one footed Lamela is.

Must be the reason.

It's certainly spectacular and shows amazing technique (and he didn't rupture his Achilles) but my first reaction on seeing it was, 'Why?'

Chesh

I know this will upset a few, but my take on it was that it was a 'lucky' goal.

Special skill is great when it results in something that could not have been done in a guaranteed easier way (e.g. bicycle kicks - which should usually be ruled out for dangerous play btw, but that's another matter, or flicks/step overs etc. to get past an opponent, or great take downs or volleys)

However, he could have more easily swept that in with his right foot, and given himself a 70-80% chance of getting in on target, whereas he took a 1 in 50 chance of getting it on target (let alone scoring), and got lucky show boating.

I've seen both David Dunn and Di Maria (when crossing during the World Cup) fall on their backsides when attempting this very trick, when I can't see how it improves the chances of a decent strike at all.

In fact it's just like the show pony's who like to dink the ball softly down the middle with penalties, but with less chance of success even.

092.gif
Made in Hammersmith (1968)