News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good read from Charlton point of view ..

Started by MoussasGawn, October 25, 2014, 08:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoussasGawn

30 years through thin and thin, our time is now. Forget Torquay at your peril ...

VicHalomsLovechild

domprague

Fair, accurate and sensible. Are you sure he's a football fan?
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

leonffc

Has he been up all night writing that? A good report from what I read (about half of it)

Fulham1959

An extremely well written report, with a great degree of honesty, intelligence and literacy.

Fulham Tup North

A big write-up, well written and an honest report.
Good on the fella for highlighting Charlton's weakness' and also for highlighting the fact that their 2nd half improved performance was as much due to Fulham's confidence in sitting back and protecting their 2 goal lead as it was Charlton's improved performance.
Intelligent article, well done Sir.   :clap_hands:
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

cmg

I agree. An amazingly accurate, stylish and honest report. Rules out the possibility that the man's a journalist.

Fine picture of the elegant Mr Powell and his cap, too.

dannyboi-ffc

Its refreshing to read a fair assessment from an opposition source. Bit of a joke how long it is though, its meant to be a football match report not a story. So for me that takes away from the quality of the assessment, I was bored half way through as the writer wrote the same thing for a third time using slightly different words.

I flicked to the final paragraph and I'm a bit confused as to the abuse the young lad received? I didn't notice it. Must say that young lad looked decent though, its refreshing to see so many youngsters at this level. I'm not missing the premier league what so ever! This is proper football
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Jonnoj

I think he's referring to the abuse Parker was getting who also came up through their youth.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Jonnoj on October 25, 2014, 11:26:18 AM
I think he's referring to the abuse Parker was getting who also came up through their youth.

Oh, cheers for that. I must've misread it but after half hour of reading, ones bound to misread something. I assumed he meant the young kid who came off the bench for them, it was impossible to miss the boos for Parker.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Berserker

I think the boos made Parker play with mose gusto
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Berserker on October 25, 2014, 11:41:21 AM
I think the boos made Parker play with mose gusto

I agree and he seemed to really enjoy scoring against them. I don't blame them for booing though, we've done the same in the past but you'd think after 10 years they might have got over it

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 25, 2014, 11:08:11 AMI was bored half way through as the writer wrote the same thing for a third time using slightly different words.

Makes me think it was written by Kit Symons then!! ;)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Southcoastffc

"but after half hour of reading"  Half an hour!!??  Did you fall asleep reading it?  :021:  (I agree that it is a bit repetitive in parts, but it seems to me to be a is a very good piece overall.)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 25, 2014, 03:31:36 PM
"but after half hour of reading"  Half an hour!!??  Did you fall asleep reading it?  :021:  (I agree that it is a bit repetitive in parts, but it seems to me to be a is a very good piece overall.)

An exaggeration of course, half way through I just gave up. I disagree it's a good piece, a football report shouldn't drag on to the point you are praying for it to end. Start off with an honest assessment like they did and follow it up with a brief description of the action. How on earth they managed to drag it on for so long talking about 1 football match which never had any controversy what so ever, no cards and only 3 goals is beyond me.

So I take my hat off to the non biased opinion and found the first 100 words of his bible refreshing but if I'm to give constructive criticism I'd say, "stop waffling on son! You're boring me now"

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]