watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

when old players return as manager, how many are successful? opinions and names

Started by jarv, June 30, 2010, 01:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Malcolm MacDonald, probably OK with Fulham, George Graham (at Arsenal).

I seriously can't think of any more. (not just Fulham).

Glenn Hoddle, Souness, just about every Leeds player from the 70s, Curbishley (at west ham) Alan Ball (rip). Not much success with their parent clubs.

So, should Fulham appoint an ex player (from lower division, which is just about every ex Fulham player). I suspect they will go for experience.

WhiteJC

finnster01

Quote from: os5889 on June 30, 2010, 03:22:26 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on June 30, 2010, 01:45:40 PM
Dalglish

The irony! Dalglish for Fulham boss!!
Now that would be something. He has shown he can manage outside of the red scousers even at their best of times. Did a massive job with Blackburn. I'd laugh my arse off if that happened...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

os5889

Quote from: finnster01 on June 30, 2010, 03:27:30 PM
Quote from: os5889 on June 30, 2010, 03:22:26 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on June 30, 2010, 01:45:40 PM
Dalglish

The irony! Dalglish for Fulham boss!!
Now that would be something. He has shown he can manage outside of the red scousers even at their best of times. Did a massive job with Blackburn. I'd laugh my arse off if that happened...

I'd welcome it but he did have Jack Walkers millions breaking the British transfer record twice so unless he had the wallet, I'd worry and if he did I'd be sick as we'd be buying success like a certain other Fulham based club

jarv

As a Scot, I would welcome dalglish. His only failure was newcastle and the failure was the defensive minded play which the fans (and some players) did not like.
He was (at best) OK at Celtic,(another returning hero which did not work out) but politics and a dire situation (not unlike Liverpool today) handcuffed him. He is mature, intelligent and obviously learnt a lot from his managers. Names such as Paisley, Stein, Ferguson (with Scotland) etc.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: jarv on June 30, 2010, 01:30:48 PM
Malcolm MacDonald, probably OK with Fulham, George Graham (at Arsenal).

I seriously can't think of any more. (not just Fulham).

Glenn Hoddle, Souness, just about every Leeds player from the 70s, Curbishley (at west ham) Alan Ball (rip). Not much success with their parent clubs.

So, should Fulham appoint an ex player (from lower division, which is just about every ex Fulham player). I suspect they will go for experience.
Super Mac probably ok with Fulham? Ok Roy has been the most successful, But Super Mac and Tigana played the best football mi've ever seen at Fulham, infact Mac had no money to spend compared to Tigs or Roy, so is probably the best manager we've ever had.