more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (27/10/14)...

Started by WhiteJC, October 26, 2014, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Charlton defender rues sloppy start at Fulham

Charlton defender Tal Ben Haim was left to rue his side's poor start at Fulham as the Whites ultimately cruised to a 3-0 victory.

Scott Parker opened the scoring against his former club just six minutes into the contest before Hugo Rodallega doubled the lead after 12 minutes.

"I think we made it too easy for them in first ten, 15 minutes," the Israeli said. "By the time we started to play we were 2-0 down already and it was too difficult for us."

He added: "If you don't start well it is difficult, especially if you are 2-0 down after ten minutes.

"I think we found it difficult but credit it to them, they started the game very well and overall they deserved the points."

Charlton came back into the game in the second half as Fulham struggled to move through the gears but Ben Haim was pleased with the response.

He added: "In the second half I think we came back stronger and created some good chances but overall I think they deserved the points.

"Bob at half-time said that the next goal is going to decide the game and if we are going to score we can build on that.

"I think we came out much better and much stronger in the second half and we tried to build on that.

"Second half I think we came back strong and we really wanted to score a goal and still stay in the game but we missed a few chances and from their second chance they got they scored their third one [through Rodallega].

The Colombian's late goal portrayed a harsh result on the Addicks and Ben Haim cut a disappointed figure after the defeat.

"I don't think 3-0 was a fair reflection of the game," he explained "I think this is the first time we have conceded three goals so we are very disappointed.

"To concede three goals, we are not used to that so we have to get back to basics and get a clean sheet next time.

"We have a short squad, everyone knows that Fulham have a big budget and we have quite a short squad but overall we have done great so far, taking out the Fulham performance."

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/charlton/charlton_defender_rues_sloppy_start_at_fulham_1_3820750

WhiteJC

Brentford assistant hails Arsenal loanee and plays down interest in Fulham man

Brentford assistant manager David Weir has admitted that Jon Toral is knocking on the door of a starting role after the Arsenal loanee scored his first Bees goal in the 3-1 defeat at Bolton.

The Spaniard is on loan at the west Londoners for the season and has impressed Weir and manager Mark Warburton in training.

"Jon Toral is pushing for a start," Weir said. "He's been training really well. He's in our thoughts [for the starting line-up].

"Because the team have been playing well Jon hasn't had an opportunity."

Betinho was absent from the bench and Weir was coy over the situation regarding the Portuguese under-21 international saying: "[There is] no reason for his absence. We've got Tommy [Smith] and Nico [Yennaris] back."

With former Brentford loanee Marcello Trotta being made available for loan by Fulham there had been talk that the Italian could return to Griffin Park.

However, Weir played down talk of that and suggested that the Whites would not wish to sanction a move to a divisional rival.

He said: "Marcello has been a good player for us but I'm not sure Fulham would sanction a move to us being one of their rivals."

Weir refuted the fact that Brentford were sloppy in possession, instead preferring to credit Bolton for their pressing game.

"Bolton stopped us getting on the ball so credit to them for that," he added.

"I thought we were brave. There's always going to be occasions when you give it away.

"We promote the lads taking the ball and trying to create chances."

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/brentford/brentford_assistant_hails_arsenal_loanee_and_plays_down_interest_in_fulham_man_1_3820752

WhiteJC

Fulham star reveals Kit's big message and plays down injury fears

Hugo Rodallega. (Photo by Jamie McDonald/Getty Images)

Hugo Rodallega has revealed that Kit Symons has just told him to enjoy his football after Fulham won 3-0 against Charlton on Friday night.

The Whites are still yet to appoint the caretaker manager, despite the fans and the players calling for Symons to be named permanent boss.

The Colombian scored twice as Fulham ultimately cruised to victory over the Addicks and he was a delighted man after the game.

"I'm happy for Fulham, for the fans, for the group," Rodallega said. "Everyone enjoyed the moment. I need to score and we need to win. This is important for the team and for me."

The forward added: "[Kit is] so happy as well because he's a good manager and a good man. He gives everyone confidence and that's important for the group.

He said to me 'try to enjoy it'. He wants the players to do their best on the pitch and on the training ground.

"He wants the players to enjoy it in the training sessions and the games. He wants all of this."

Rodallega was forced off in the final minutes of the contest but insisted that he will be fine for Tuesday's game with Derby, saying: "I had a bit of cramp in the last two or three minutes of the game but I'm okay."

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/fulham/fulham_star_reveals_kit_s_big_message_and_plays_down_injury_fears_1_3820749

WhiteJC

Why Fulham must avoid Leeds' big mistake and appoint Kit Symons

Fulham caretaker manager Kit Symons (Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)

Fulham's five-man committee to decide the club's new manager may not have made their decision but there is only one man who deserves the job – Kit Symons.

The Whites had turned into a laughing stock under former manager Felix Magath and the stories that followed his sacking were ridiculous.

At the end of the day, Fulham had been on the receiving end of defeats to Ipswich, Millwall, Wolves, Derby, Reading and Nottingham Forest and only had a solitary point from Magath's spell in charge this season.

Craven Cottage was a miserable place to visit with fans and players seeming unhappy due to the unrest the former Bayern Munich manager's tenure had caused.

Contrast that to visits to Craven Cottage since Magath's departure – Blackburn took all three points but Fulham played more than half the game with 10 men after Shaun Hutchinson's red card.

Since then, Fulham have triumphed in every home game and there are positive vibes around the place.

Results have picked up and even a 2-0 defeat to Middlesbrough did not dampen the mood.

Performances have improved, no doubt helped by a consistency in selection.

The fans have sung 'Kit Symons' Blawhite Army' and are making their point to the board and the committee clear.

Fulham would only have to look 200 miles away to see what could happen if they parachute an outsider into the job at this point in time.

Leeds sacked David Hockaday after six games, with Neil Redfearn taking temporary charge.

The Yorkshire side had won two of those six games under Hockaday and then, under Redfearn's guidance, they then won three out of four with a 1-1 draw against Birmingham the only 'blot' on his copybook.

However, Leeds owner Massimo Cellino decided to appoint Darko Milanic over Redfearn - it is understood that he wanted the caretaker to continue his work with the youth team and allow them to develop.

The Slovenian had a great reputation in his native country, winning four consecutive PrvaLiga titles with Maribor – the strongest team by a distance in the eastern European country.

Leeds' form declined straightaway after Milanic's appointment, drawing three of his six matches in charge before he became the latest meal for 'Manager Eater' Cellino.

Redfearn is expected to get the job on a permanent basis and it is a decision that has been met with pleasure by the Leeds fans, who are desperate to see a bit of stability.

It is a lesson that Fulham must heed themselves and do the sensible thing in appointing Symons rather than bring in a manager from elsewhere.

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/fulham/why_fulham_must_avoid_leeds_big_mistake_and_appoint_kit_symons_1_3821012

WhiteJC

Fulham frustration for U21s

Liverpool U21s fell to their second successive defeat as they lost 3-2 to Fulham in a five-goal thriller at Motspur Park on Sunday.

Michael Beale's side went into the game without the likes of Jordan Rossiter and Jordan Williams but German U21 striker Samed Yesil was fit to start while Harry Wilson and Ryan Kent provided ammunition down the flanks.

The young Reds started brightly when Daniel Trickett-Smith fired them into a fifth minute lead, but the home side stormed straight back when Tom Richards made it 1-1.

Fulham then turned the game around in the second period when Italy U21 forward Marcello Trotta added two goals to make it 3-1.

Cameron Brannagan then missed a great chance before substitute Jerome Sinclair netted to make it 3-2.

Beale's charges certainly didn't deserve to lose the game and they continued to pour forward in numbers in search of an equaliser.

Sinclair had a late chance in stoppage time but couldn't convert and Fulham held on to take the three points.

Reflecting on the defeat, Beale told Liverpoolfc.com: "We played very well against a very good athletic side and I don't know how we didn't take anything out of the game.

"We created some great chances and the Fulham goalkeeper made some outstanding saves. We could have had three penalties and it wasn't to be.

"There are lots of positives to take. Kent is on fire at the moment, Trickett-Smith has trained really well and scored a great goal today and Dan Cleary did very well on his first start at U21 level.

"Yes, we've got to tighten up and stop conceding goals but overall I have to be pleased with how well the lads played."

Beale's side are back in action next Friday night when they take on Tottenham Hotspur at Langtree Park, St Helens, at 7pm GMT.

Liverpool U21s team: Fulton, Randall, Maguire, Cleary, Jones, Lussey (Pelosi 60), Wilson, Brannagan, Yesil (Sinclair 60), Trickett-Smith (O'Hanlon 75), Kent. Sub not used: Vigouroux.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/173265-fulham-frustration-for-u21s?

WhiteJC

Fulham youngsters beat Liverpool

Marcello Trotta scored twice as Fulham's youngsters beat Liverpool 3-2 in the Under-21 Premier League on Sunday afternoon.

The visitors went ahead only five minutes into the game, but Tom Richards equalised immediately after Daniel Trickett-Smith's opener.

Trotta struck twice in the second half, firing home from near the edge of the penalty area and then scoring after being set up by Jonathan Buatu.

Jerome Sinclair pulled a goal back for Liverpool, who were denied a late equaliser when Magnus Norman saved from Ryan Kent.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/west-london-sport/football-wls-two-for-trotta-as-fulham-youngsters-see-off-liverpool