watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

and our new boss is....

Started by WhiteJC, June 30, 2010, 04:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/football-ealing/fulham-fc-ealing/2010/06/30/murphy-could-be-next-fulham-boss-64767-26759345/?
Murphy could be next Fulham boss

DANNY Murphy has emerged as an outside contender to become the next Fulham manager – once Roy Hodgson's departure to Liverpool is confirmed.

The midfielder was touted as a future boss by no less than Hodgson himself last season, and is already studying for his Uefa coaching licences.

The Whites have gone this route before when they appointed central defender and changing-room favourite Chris Coleman to the job in 2003.

Murphy would be expected to work with the more experienced Ray Lewington, and probably one other senior coach from outside the club.

But despite his inexperience, the former Liverpool, Tottenham and England international commands the respect of a squad that will need to focus on life after Hodgson just three days before they arrive back for training on Monday.

However, former Premiership bosses Alan Curbishley, Sven-Goran Eriksson and Mark Hughes head the bookies list to succeed Hodgson, who took Fulham to the Europa League final last season.

Oakeshott

I think a Murphy/Lewington combination could be a good one and worth a try.

JBH

Sorry but no thanks, it would be the Coleman scenerio all over again  :046:

FC Silver Fox

I'm with JBH on this one. We need someone with experience.
If you're going with an ex-player, John Collins could be an option.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

The Equalizer

Quote from: JBH on June 30, 2010, 05:08:48 PM

Agreed. He may have had some great coaching under Hodgson, but Coleman had the same working with Tigana and ended up pretty pony. Not a good move.... yet.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

beijing ben

In the last twenty years when has actually worked to bring iin a manager who has no experience and is just elevated from the playing staff? I can only think of Hughes. He did reasonably well and was just in an unfortunate position at Man City. Other than that it seems to me that you need to have management experience of some years to have a chance of doing well in the premiership.

Murphy could be a good manager in the future but this would be a bad move for him and the club i think. Plus we need himfully focused on playing

jarv

Dream team of Hoddle, Wise and Eileen drury.......just kidding!

bazzamcb

personally i would liek to see this happen. danny has a wise head and is an excellent leader. he'd be my 2nd choice to take over after hughes.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Serotonin on June 30, 2010, 04:56:34 PM
In Danny I trust

you'll be in a manority then,assitant yes,main boss no we need a steady hand to stear us forward,not a newbie to steer us onto the rocks-good intentions and keeness will only get you into trouble not out of it!

Rupert

I must admit, if we have a new boss "within the next 48 hours" (four weeks and counting, so far) then he or she (with Chairman Mo, you never know...) would gain instant approval from many simply by appointing Danny Murphy to the coaching staff in some capacity with the announcement that he is being groomed for the top job in the future. Fulham's boot room, if you like.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: The Equalizer on June 30, 2010, 05:29:42 PM
Quote from: JBH on June 30, 2010, 05:08:48 PM

Agreed. He may have had some great coaching under Hodgson, but Coleman had the same working with Tigana and ended up pretty pony. Not a good move.... yet.
Coleman had to sell players and didn't get much to spend. Still loving the Cookie Monster. dont want him back mind you.

Fernhurst

Coleman had to sell players and didn't get much to spend. Still loving the Cookie Monster. dont want him back mind you.

Yeah, great bloke Fred.... hope he gets his "last chance" to be sucessful.