watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Worst players we ever signed ...

Started by colinwhite, October 28, 2014, 11:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

For  me franke large (signed in` 68 as a   "replacement " for Allan Clarke ), has got to be a stand out candidate .  He was utterly clueless and as my dad used to say "couldn't burst a paper bag ! "
067.gif

CorkCity

"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

colinwhite

Was never a great fan of Barry lloyd either ...

colinwhite

Eddie johnson was Roys poorest signing ..

Tonywa

Bjorn Rumstrom/John Watson/Jim Hicks/David Elm/Hammeur Bouazza/Alan Gough/Frank Large/Alan Morton just for starters.  There are almost too many to list.

dannyboi-ffc

What do you mean by worst? Value for money like mitroglou or terrible player like the Eddie Johnson ' s of this world?

For me mitroglou is the worst signing we ever made because he cost so much more than the majority of others have, he was meant to be the answer to letting berbatov taarabt and ruiz leave but ended up making the hole bigger rather than filling it. To make matters worse he went to the world cup after allegedly being unfit/injured and came back from the world cup unfit/injured. The cherry on the cake is he is on loan to the club we gave 7/8 million to originally. I say that assuming we didn't pay 12 up front. And as a club we paid the ultimate price and we're relegated, not all down to him and I don't blame him. But it was a shocking move. 

Worst player for me was Michael brown, I can stomach players who aren't very good but he was pure poison and those tackles don't belong here
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

CorkCity

"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

colinwhite

"Worst"is open to interpretation so feel free...

Northern Cottager

Orlando Sa is up there, surely?

Based on spend and expectation I think Mitro.

Eddie Johnson was woeful as well.

Craven Mad

Worst would have to be (without a shadow of a doubt) Mark Fotheringham - by a country mile - didn't make sense on paper, made even less sense when you saw him play. Utter embarrassment. Was rubbish on the pitch in the lower leagues, has been been ditched rapidly by every club he's ever played for, is ancient, supposedly is a vile character, and has an ego that is only exceeded in size by his waistband..

At least players like EJ tried hard and showed potential (even if he was naff!).

MJG

Worst player could mean so many things.... But for a player who we paid money for and who's performances, application and general play were appalling then there can only be one.....

Mark Cooper

been plenty of worse players in terms of skill etc,  but general lack of abilities to do anything good while at the club it's him.

Holders

Jari Litmanen

A former big name but never played for us as he always claimed he was injured, took our money nevertheless and was fit to play for Finland.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MikeW

Craven Mad refers to Fotheringham in past tense.  Has he gone?  Did I miss something?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Craven Mad

Quote from: MikeW on October 28, 2014, 12:24:11 PM
Craven Mad refers to Fotheringham in past tense.  Has he gone?  Did I miss something?

Past tense as we made the signing in the past. Unfortunately he's still here..

Can't see him ever playing for us again though; Kit has his preferred players and Fozzy doesn't seem to be one of them.

supersimmo123

Kostas Mitroglou, Fotheringham, Lee Cook.

fulhamben

parker. putting him next to sidwell cost us our prem status. although ill conceed he looks better in the championship
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I loved Darren Freemans 'flair and hair' but he sure peppered the folks in the hammy end with his
woeful shooting.
Could show a few players a video of how not set yourself up when shooting.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

dannyboi-ffc

Fotheringham' s a great shout, what a useless donkey and a shocking decision to sign him. But I can stomach players who just aren't very good like mark. He has never moaned or came across as a horrible bloke, he's just rubbish at his job. But the mitroglou signing affected our club in a very bad way, Fotheringham's signing was an embarrassment but there's no major harm done.

As for Orlando Sa........ well the man left me speechless he was so bad. I was there though!

New years eve at carrow road about 19 minutes on the clock I think, Sa turns on the edge of the box and smashes a sublime curler into the far corner. His one and only goal!

So forget where you were when jfk was shot or when 9/11 took place. Where were you when Sa scored?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

nose

george johnstone... budgie byrne.... peter storey (my all time favourite hate figure for even existing)... some of those mentioned above... anyone that didn't try hard enough