watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Worst players we ever signed ...

Started by colinwhite, October 28, 2014, 11:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

lets do it by positions. and by players who played. ill add nickalus jensen as our left back 079.gif
                                                             gk
rb                             cb                                                     cb                        n jensen
rm                            cm                                                     cm                       lm
                                st                                                       st
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

b+w geezer

In absolute terms the worst players would the poorest of the crop when we were at our lowest ebb -- e.g. George Georgiou at centre-forward. But that's not entering into the spirit of the what the poster surely means. There are blokes who were some way from being our worst ever players, who nevertheless were terrible signings.

Mark Cooper is a good shout from an era when we didn't have much to spend, so it was vexing to waste it on someone who showed and apparently cared so little. More recently, in the top division, we also spent a surprising amount on people who were not remotely up to standard, like Elrich and Runstrom. Eddie Johnson was another although I'd place him a notch above those two, and David Elm a notch (Ok, half a notch) higher still. Competion is stiff for that title!

nose

Quote from: fulhamben on October 28, 2014, 02:28:36 PM
lets do it by positions. and by players who played. ill add nickalus jensen as our left back 079.gif
                                                            gk
rb                             cb                                                     cb                        n jensen
rm                            cm                                                     cm                       lm
                               st                                                       st

well surely the goalkeeper has to be malcolm webster (dracula)
and the RB david moreline
CH Jim Hicks
LB the mexican whose name i cannot recall
st budgie byrne
st george johnstone

that's what i can do off the top of my head

fulhamben

Quote from: b+w geezer on October 28, 2014, 02:38:07 PM
In absolute terms the worst players would the poorest of the crop when we were at our lowest ebb -- e.g. George Georgiou at centre-forward. But that's not entering into the spirit of the what the poster surely means. There are blokes who were some way from being our worst ever players, who nevertheless were terrible signings.

Mark Cooper is a good shout from an era when we didn't have much to spend, so it was vexing to waste it on someone who showed and apparently cared so little. More recently, in the top division, we also spent a surprising amount on people who were not remotely up to standard, like Elrich and Runstrom. Eddie Johnson was another although I'd place him a notch above those two, and David Elm a notch (Ok, half a notch) higher still. Competion is stiff for that title!

im in the camp that you cant be the worst if you never really got a good shot at first team football. after all reserves dont win titles, nor do they get you relegated.

Mokes

Bit harsh on old Sa. If Tottenham keep Villa scoreless this weekend, Sa will have the same scoring record as an entire premier league team. 1 goal in 7 games.

Fotheringham has to be one of the worst. The thread title is "worst players we ever signed". Mitroglous is certainly not one of the worst players we ever signed. He is banging in goals in the champions league and was never given a crack at Fulham. Even when we was fit and ready to come into the Fulham side and wanted a chance Felix had shut the door. If the thread title was "Worst cases of signing not working out for us" then Kostas is number 1.

Fotheringham is just a terrible player. A journeyman in his 30's that has never really cut it in any of his 11 previous clubs. In poor shape and is a bigger embarrassment to club than the Michael Jackson statue ever was.

From a personal viewpoint I would put Senderos in the list too. I'm not saying he didn't have heart, but he was terrible by the time he came to us!

fulhamben

Quote from: nose on October 28, 2014, 02:39:35 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 28, 2014, 02:28:36 PM
                                                             gk
rb                             cb                                                     cb                        n jensen
rm                            cm                                                     cm                       lm
                                st                                                       st

well surely the goalkeeper has to be malcolm webster (dracula)
and the RB david moreline
CH Jim Hicks
LB the mexican whose name i cannot recall
st budgie byrne
st george johnstone

that's what i can do off the top of my head
salcedo was way better than jensen. and ill offer up zesh rehman for the other cb.

fulhamben

Quote from: Mokes on October 28, 2014, 02:42:01 PM
Bit harsh on old Sa. If Tottenham keep Villa scoreless this weekend, Sa will have the same scoring record as an entire premier league team. 1 goal in 7 games.

Fotheringham has to be one of the worst. The thread title is "worst players we ever signed". Mitroglous is certainly not one of the worst players we ever signed. He is banging in goals in the champions league and was never given a crack at Fulham. Even when we was fit and ready to come into the Fulham side and wanted a chance Felix had shut the door. If the thread title was "Worst cases of signing not working out for us" then Kostas is number 1.

Fotheringham is just a terrible player. A journeyman in his 30's that has never really cut it in any of his 11 previous clubs. In poor shape and is a bigger embarrassment to club than the Michael Jackson statue ever was.

From a personal viewpoint I would put Senderos in the list too. I'm not saying he didn't have heart, but he was terrible by the time he came to us!
senderos did have some good games for us. unlike the zesh.

Andy S

I think Garry Elkins although he was bought by Wimbledon and played a few year for them so it is probably Sean Gore He was dire (Both defenders who could not defend)

Mokes

Quote from: fulhamben on October 28, 2014, 02:43:57 PM
Quote from: Mokes on October 28, 2014, 02:42:01 PM

senderos did have some good games for us. unlike the zesh.

He also played some of the worst football I have ever seen, in any league, ever.

In your team of terrible players, John Pantsil has to be a shout for RB. Does he still have the record for most own goals in a season? I only remember him for his amazing 3 touch own goal against Liverpool and his victory laps. I actually remember him quite fondly for that.

FFC1987

dannyboi-ffc

Come on then Fulham Ben, you've generously contributed zesh and Jensen so it would be rude of me not to oblige and help create this team of legends.

I'll give you dejan Stefanovic and zverotic. Bit harsh on zverotic but our rbs have always been of a high standard and hes the worst from my lifetime.

?
Zverotic     Stefanovic  Rehman   N.Jensen

?                     ?                  ?                  ?

?               ?

Can we have JAR on the left wing?

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 28, 2014, 03:10:39 PM
Come on then Fulham Ben, you've generously contributed zesh and Jensen so it would be rude of me not to oblige and help create this team of legends.

I'll give you dejan Stefanovic and zverotic. Bit harsh on zverotic but our rbs have always been of a high standard and hes the worst from my lifetime.

?
Zverotic     Stefanovic  Rehman   N.Jensen

?                     ?                  ?                  ?

?               ?

Can we have JAR on the left wing?

got to elhmric for right wing. and id like to offer up radzinski for a left wing nomination

Lighthouse

I see Peter Storey and Jim Hicks mentioned. Any takers for Geoff Banton?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 28, 2014, 04:22:02 PM
I see Peter Storey and Jim Hicks mentioned. Any takers for Geoff Banton?
before my time. although i went before my own recollection struggles beyond the adams era. obviously the brazils and stanards stick to mind but cant really recall much. and all the football was the worst ever back then, so maybe thats why i have blanked it from memory

YankeeJim

Quote from: CorkCity on October 28, 2014, 11:20:09 AM
Shefki Kuqi was the funniest

The man was an absolute legend. No one could move him from his spot....course he couldn't either.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: YankeeJim on October 28, 2014, 04:25:39 PM
Quote from: CorkCity on October 28, 2014, 11:20:09 AM
Shefki Kuqi was the funniest

The man was an absolute legend. No one could move him from his spot....course he couldn't either.

He was my hero.

colinwhite

For us real oldies Stan Horne  has got to be as rubbish a signing as I can remember .  Brian Dear was also useless , and to be honest i never rated Peter Mellor. He could be ok at times but those 2 goals in the 75 cup final ,stick in my mind . Aparrantly after our 2nd goal was conceded Bobby Moore picked the ball out of the back of net walked past Mellor and looking him straight in the eye hissed  "bloody goalkeepers ". He (Mellor ) was gone the next season !

colinwhite

Whilst on the subject of rubbish goalkeepers didn't somebody mention Malcolm Webster , now he really WAS 3 stone over weight , and made Tarabt (another terrible ) signing look positively lean !!

sunburywhite

Any time Macedo was unfit we picked Ken Hewkins

I knew we would not win

Also what about Marlet

I agree on Stan Horne
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

colinwhite

Never rated Viv Busby either when i think about it !