more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Worst players we ever signed ...

Started by colinwhite, October 28, 2014, 11:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Andy S on October 28, 2014, 02:52:51 PM
I think Garry Elkins although he was bought by Wimbledon and played a few year for them so it is probably Sean Gore He was dire (Both defenders who could not defend)

Oh yes Elkins and Gore absolutely terrible.
What a bad lot we had then, Peter (fallover) Baah...

b+w geezer

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 28, 2014, 04:22:02 PM
Any takers for Geoff Banton?
He wasn't much good but saw him win us a match at West Ham, completely out the blue, with not one, but two headers! Exempts him from this particular title.

Holders

Surely has to be Malcolm Webster in goal. Agree on Stan Horne.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

dgnffc

Woodlawn

Peter Mellor was the main reason we got to Wembley,Look at the saves he made in early rounds and quarter final. Worst Player Alan worboys

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 28, 2014, 05:53:17 PM
Steve Macanespie signed by Kevin Keegan

He was not a bad player but the crowd got on his back during his very first game when he overlapped and whoever was playing in front of him played the ball into the wrong place. They'd never even played together before but after that he could do nothing right.

Ordar

Lee Cook surely has to be. Didn't play, plus gave his signing fee to QPR.

Honourable mentions to Tony Thorpe who was brilliant before we signed him, Fortheringham, Paul Trollope and Ahmed Elrich

Neil D

Peter Kitchen - club record fee at the time (1979) of £150k.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on October 28, 2014, 04:19:07 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 28, 2014, 03:10:39 PM
Come on then Fulham Ben, you've generously contributed zesh and Jensen so it would be rude of me not to oblige and help create this team of legends.

I'll give you dejan Stefanovic and zverotic. Bit harsh on zverotic but our rbs have always been of a high standard and hes the worst from my lifetime.

?
Zverotic     Stefanovic  Rehman   N.Jensen

?                     ?                  ?                  ?

?               ?

Can we have JAR on the left wing?

got to elhmric for right wing. and id like to offer up radzinski for a left wing nomination

Hmmmm a little harsh on radz but only a little. I think radzinkski is the worst Player to ever play over 100 games but there's plenty of duds that made the odd cameo worse than him.

Lee cooks a good shout for the left wing slot, bouazza? Petta? Routledge? JAR played on the left wing away at Cardiff,  that was a very depressing experience.

Definitely got to have elrich
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

win-dup

Saw all of those mentioned above and yes some were dreadful. But surely it's got to be Steve Marlet? £10 million pounds worth of invisibility.

Holders

Quote from: Neil D on October 28, 2014, 06:43:29 PM
Peter Kitchen - club record fee at the time (1979) of £150k.

Good call, he did it all for Orient(?) but nothing for us.

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 28, 2014, 06:50:45 PM
Come on then Fulham Ben, you've generously contributed zesh and Jensen so it would be rude of me not to oblige and help create this team of legends.

I'll give you dejan Stefanovic and zverotic. Bit harsh on zverotic but our rbs have always been of a high standard and hes the worst from my lifetime.

?

?               ?

got to elhmric for right wing. and id like to offer up radzinski for a left wing nomination

Hmmmm a little harsh on radz but only a little. I think radzinkski is the worst Player to ever play over 100 games but there's plenty of duds that made the odd cameo worse than him.

Lee cooks a good shout for the left wing slot, bouazza? Petta? Routledge? JAR played on the left wing away at Cardiff,  that was a very depressing experience.

i have never in my entire life witnessed a player miss as many sitters as rads used to. 5 yarder into an open goal? no probs rads could miss them.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Mitroglou is the worst ever buy. EVER.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

crazycottager

Plodder

Other contenders:  Chris Pike (a striker with the fantastic scoring record of 4 goals in 42 games) , John Watson, Andy Sayer and an Irish lad with a headband whose name I can't remember (Shaun Maher?) whom I saw play in midfield for one half of a cup tie.

crazycottager

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 28, 2014, 06:50:45 PM

?

?               ?

Kiraly in goal, Fotheringham in midfield, the donkey at striker

andyk

Anyone remember Trevor Lee, back in the 80's, played a first half before he was rumbled. I don 't know how he blagged his way into the team or who he convinced, but he was clearly an imposter. We were pretty bad back then , but this guy couldn't even kick the ball. on the few occasions the ball did fall at his feet, he fell over or stood on it.
He was subbed at half time and never seen again.

robert

John Conway,brother Jim super and a legend,so good that we can be excused for signing John and even say it was worth it due to Jim's service with us.

SouthIslandWhite

Quote from: Holders on October 28, 2014, 11:56:59 AM
Jari Litmanen

A former big name but never played for us as he always claimed he was injured, took our money nevertheless and was fit to play for Finland.
You know, one name I didn't see much mentioned was Adel Tarrabat.  I know I miss spelled that name.  But he was so useless, I really don't care.  I do enjoy watching him fail every week down the road at Loftus Road.  Now he is Harry's problem again.  Why do PL teams keep signing him?
Quote from: fulhamben on October 28, 2014, 02:41:08 PM
Quote from: b+w geezer on October 28, 2014, 02:38:07 PM
In absolute terms the worst players would the poorest of the crop when we were at our lowest ebb -- e.g. George Georgiou at centre-forward. But that's not entering into the spirit of the what the poster surely means. There are blokes who were some way from being our worst ever players, who nevertheless were terrible signings.

Mark Cooper is a good shout from an era when we didn't have much to spend, so it was vexing to waste it on someone who showed and apparently cared so little. More recently, in the top division, we also spent a surprising amount on people who were not remotely up to standard, like Elrich and Runstrom. Eddie Johnson was another although I'd place him a notch above those two, and David Elm a notch (Ok, half a notch) higher still. Competion is stiff for that title!

im in the camp that you cant be the worst if you never really got a good shot at first team football. after all reserves dont win titles, nor do they get you relegated.

Quote from: colinwhite on October 28, 2014, 05:01:51 PM
For us real oldies Stan Horne  has got to be as rubbish a signing as I can remember .  Brian Dear was also useless , and to be honest i never rated Peter Mellor. He could be ok at times but those 2 goals in the 75 cup final ,stick in my mind . Aparrantly after our 2nd goal was conceded Bobby Moore picked the ball out of the back of net walked past Mellor and looking him straight in the eye hissed  "bloody goalkeepers ". He (Mellor ) was gone the next season !
There is only one Fulham Football Club.