Main Menu

Worst players we ever signed ...

Started by colinwhite, October 28, 2014, 11:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

Terry Hurlock? Alan Cork .... definitely Marlet
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

bill dando

I believe the Budgie Byrne deal was done on a train table coming back from an away game,we had a right moan.Booby Drake (Teds son) no comment.
made in essex

colinwhite

A lot of " Great " players have come to us at the end of their careers and been absolutely dire . Cliff Jones .Budgie burn , and Jari litmannen  spring immediately to mind .

To be fair we have also signed some very good oldies , Best ,Mullery . Moore ,to name but three. As well as Diarra  , Schwarzer and a few more recent ones .

fulhamben

Quote from: colinwhite on October 29, 2014, 11:12:31 AM
A lot of " Great " players have come to us at the end of their careers and been absolutely dire . Cliff Jones .Budgie burn , and Jari litmannen  spring immediately to mind .

To be fair we have also signed some very good oldies , Best ,Mullery . Moore ,to name but three. As well as Diarra  , Schwarzer and a few more recent ones .
when did you see jari play bad?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

colinwhite

No he wasn't bad for us just past it . he had been at Malmö for the whole of the previous season without kicking a ball ,so why did we sign him , apart from the fact that Roy had previously been Finland manager .

dannyboi-ffc

So now we have

Kiraly
zverotic  Stefanovic  Rehman  N. Jensen

Elrich    Fotheringham      ?                ?

?                   ?

Any oldies care to add a couple of bad ones from the 60's 70 's or 80's for our missing midfielder, left wing and strike force. 

Surely there's never been one worse than Darren Bent but I'm all ears. God that team makes me feel sick lol. Who deserves to be captain and what about manager?  Has to be magath for me
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Forever Fulham

Marlet and Berbatov.  Now, hold your fire.  Hear me out.  I still pinch myself that Berbatov wore a Fulham shirt.  But with the passage of time, I've come to see him as part and parcel of why the team got relegated.  He was selfish. Largely ineffective.  Didn't seem to try that hard.  Got away with whatever he wanted to do, knowing Jol would never pull him off or abrade him.  He killed off link up play.  His presence caused a malaise to set in.  Sure, Danny was gone and we needed a supply line to the front, and it was hard getting the ball to the forwards. But...I don't know how to express it.  He was so wrong for us.  And I think he mostly phoned it in for a paycheque and the ability to stay in London a little longer.  I can't include Mitroglou, because he was simply a rash desperate signing, and he was injured.  Maybe that constitutes one of our "worst signings" (it does), but I hold him blameless. 

HatterDon

Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 31, 2014, 02:00:40 AM
Marlet and Berbatov.  Now, hold your fire.  Hear me out.  I still pinch myself that Berbatov wore a Fulham shirt.  But with the passage of time, I've come to see him as part and parcel of why the team got relegated.  He was selfish. Largely ineffective.  Didn't seem to try that hard.  Got away with whatever he wanted to do, knowing Jol would never pull him off or abrade him.  He killed off link up play.  His presence caused a malaise to set in.  Sure, Danny was gone and we needed a supply line to the front, and it was hard getting the ball to the forwards. But...I don't know how to express it.  He was so wrong for us.  And I think he mostly phoned it in for a paycheque and the ability to stay in London a little longer.   

exactly this
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

David Allen Crankshaw

Mark Fotheringham, Peter Baah, Steve Marlet, Julian Gray, Lee Cook, Tony Kallio, Frank Large, John Watson.

This list could keep me going for rather a long time. There were so many.

Holders

It has to be Malcolm Webster in goal.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MrProphet

For what we paid for him I'd include Stekelenburg over Kiraly. Added to the fact he cost a lot more then Kiraly he's also made of glass and the howler at West Brom probably cost us our final piece of momentum in staying in the premiership

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Forever Fulham on October 31, 2014, 02:00:40 AM
Marlet and Berbatov.  Now, hold your fire.  Hear me out.  I still pinch myself that Berbatov wore a Fulham shirt.  But with the passage of time, I've come to see him as part and parcel of why the team got relegated.  He was selfish. Largely ineffective.  Didn't seem to try that hard.  Got away with whatever he wanted to do, knowing Jol would never pull him off or abrade him.  He killed off link up play.  His presence caused a malaise to set in.  Sure, Danny was gone and we needed a supply line to the front, and it was hard getting the ball to the forwards. But...I don't know how to express it.  He was so wrong for us.  And I think he mostly phoned it in for a paycheque and the ability to stay in London a little longer.  I can't include Mitroglou, because he was simply a rash desperate signing, and he was injured.  Maybe that constitutes one of our "worst signings" (it does), but I hold him blameless.  

I have always believed berbatov was the biggest reason we were relegated. The team were frightened of him and to be honest until he played for us i thought he was a genius especially at spurs but personally I thought he was very over rated, lazy and an awful character to have in your team. Yes his touch was incredible but rather than see a genius, I saw someone who was quite limited in how he could play the game. Doesn't even come close to lacing saha's boots for me, at least saha could do everything.

So for reputation alone my two strikers would be between bent berbatov and mitroglou. I'd probably leave mitroglou out just because he never played enough games to do any damage, he was just a terrible decision from whoever signed him.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

res

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on October 30, 2014, 08:52:57 PM
So now we have

Kiraly
zverotic  Stefanovic  Rehman  N. Jensen

Elrich    Fotheringham      ?                ?

?                   ?

Any oldies care to add a couple of bad ones from the 60's 70 's or 80's for our missing midfielder, left wing and strike force. 

Surely there's never been one worse than Darren Bent but I'm all ears. God that team makes me feel sick lol. Who deserves to be captain and what about manager?  Has to be magath for me

Mark Cooper and John Watson have got to be in midfield and striker...chosen them as they were bought (at a time when we were penniless) so both represented a big chunk of the transfer kitty and both were useless...some of your squad were frees so shouldn't count? If we are including frees, then "well past it players" such as Bremner and Barber have to be there who stood out as being awful even within the horrors of our team when we were descending into the bottom reaches of the old 4th Division

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on October 31, 2014, 04:20:16 AM
Mark Fotheringham, Peter Baah, Steve Marlet, Julian Gray, Lee Cook, Tony Kallio, Frank Large, John Watson.

This list could keep me going for rather a long time. There were so many.

I thought toni kallio was decent at left back. Not brilliant but not the worst Player I've ever seen. JAR queudrue Niclas Jensen Adam green and Jon harley were worse for me. Other than that goal.harley was quite poor.

I agree with the rest except Julian Gray,  he always gets a mention on these topics and I don't understand why, I only remember him playing once away at Swansea in the fa cup when Swansea were in the championship and even that was only 5 mins as a sub. He was also here for 1 year and that was when we finished 7th. What was so bad about him?

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]