Main Menu

Sympathy for Chris David

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, October 28, 2014, 11:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on October 29, 2014, 12:40:53 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 29, 2014, 12:28:14 PM
Quote from: MJG on October 29, 2014, 12:24:54 PM
That one pass to McCormack shows why he should be in the team. It was a positive pass into the box  something another certain player can't seem to do.

Are you matching it to a player that has a 85% pass accuracy by any chance??
I'm matching it to someone who can't seem to play a forward ball of any danger to anyone

So you are then. If we take a larger perspective, does that player offer more than the odd great looking forward pass? The objective argument is, yes. The stats agree with this. I recall David losing the ball on a number of occasions, does anyone have his pass completion rate for teh game? I might be wrong but i'd say it isn't as high as 85%.

fulhamben

Quote from: Zu-Meister on October 29, 2014, 09:18:15 AM
I wonder if people notice, when ruiz challenges for a ball, he makes a movement to make it seem he is going for it, but barely ever does, and wins it on even fewer occasions. he runs about a lot in defensive positions without achieving anything, im not talking about just yesterday. im talking since he joined.
i suppose i dreamnt ruiz tackle that lead to dembeles second goal then
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on October 29, 2014, 12:47:26 PM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on October 29, 2014, 09:18:15 AM
I wonder if people notice, when ruiz challenges for a ball, he makes a movement to make it seem he is going for it, but barely ever does, and wins it on even fewer occasions. he runs about a lot in defensive positions without achieving anything, im not talking about just yesterday. im talking since he joined.
i suppose i dreamnt ruiz tackle that lead to dembeles second goal then

Or perhaps its just a false point created to suit an agenda. Who knows.

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 29, 2014, 12:45:30 PM
That one pass to McCormack shows why he should be in the team. It was a positive pass into the box  something another certain player can't seem to do.

I'm matching it to someone who can't seem to play a forward ball of any danger to anyone

So you are then. If we take a larger perspective, does that player offer more than the odd great looking forward pass? The objective argument is, yes. The stats agree with this. I recall David losing the ball on a number of occasions, does anyone have his pass completion rate for teh game? I might be wrong but i'd say it isn't as high as 85%.
they both lose the ball.... But that was not what I was talking about.

fulhamben

was it ruiz that flicked it over for dembele who nearly scored a move that was close to ronaldos goal against liverpool
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on October 29, 2014, 12:50:51 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 29, 2014, 12:45:30 PM

they both lose the ball.... But that was not what I was talking about.

The passing statistics suggest David loses the ball more than the other. Do you compromise ball retention for the odd great forward pass? Not for me. I really rate David but I know who I prefer.

b+w geezer

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on October 29, 2014, 12:44:47 PM
David has a terrible attitude so why should anyone have any sympathy for him????
Ah, now that is interesting. There is no way most of us would know that (though some are reckoning it) but you are known on here for having genuine connections at Motspur. Can any more be said?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: epsomraver on October 29, 2014, 09:05:49 AM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on October 29, 2014, 08:54:04 AM
he hasnt had a game in ages, probably accounts for his couple of mistakes. but he has energy, skill and vision. releases the ball quick too. better than ruiz all day long.

That is nonsense, Ruiz had a good game last night although getting pushed and pulled about, I really wonder what game some people watch, if they did even

We rarely agree but I actually thought Ruiz played well.
I only saw the first half and last 10 minutes.
Having said that he's not the 'long term' answer
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

CottagersOnTour

Ruiz played well, pressing is just not the best aspect of his game and clearly he had been asked by Kit to set an example on this front against Derby as the most senior player....

On a positive note it did lead to Dembele's goal, oh and the free kick just before the penalty gift from Hoog.....!

You could clearly see he was putting in some effort, it's just not his style, he needs to be left floating about up top with the striker to work his magic.

Whitesideup

he hasnt had a game in ages, probably accounts for his couple of mistakes. but he has energy, skill and vision. releases the ball quick too. better than ruiz all day long.

That is nonsense, Ruiz had a good game last night although getting pushed and pulled about, I really wonder what game some people watch, if they did even

I am fed up with the "don't know what game you were watching" comment. It implies only your opinion is valid, and Ruiz divides opinion like no other player I have known. I was there and have watched the whole game again on the computer. Now it wasn't Ruiz's worst game by a stretch, but it hardly qualifies as a "good game". How you can dismiss any view other than your own on the basis of what I have seen amazes me. This was also the view of many people around me at the stadium ..and they were watching the same game as me ....don't know about you.

FFC1987

Quote from: Whitesideup on October 30, 2014, 01:39:20 PM

I am fed up with the "don't know what game you were watching" comment. It implies only your opinion is valid, and Ruiz divides opinion like no other player I have known. I was there and have watched the whole game again on the computer. Now it wasn't Ruiz's worst game by a stretch, but it hardly qualifies as a "good game". How you can dismiss any view other than your own on the basis of what I have seen amazes me. This was also the view of many people around me at the stadium ..and they were watching the same game as me ....don't know about you.

I agree with Epsom that your view is nonsense. Its a view, but a view I take very little validity from and one your perfectly entitled to. I've had a few discussions with the same kind of people with this view and its always the same. He's too lightweight, not worth the money, doesn't win 50/50 tackles. In my subtle view, its boring and shows a limited perspective of the modern game.

MikeW

I've seen nothing of him but is Smith going to get a go sometime soon?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Whitesideup

Quote from: FFC1987 on October 30, 2014, 01:56:39 PM

I agree with Epsom that your view is nonsense. Its a view, but a view I take very little validity from and one your perfectly entitled to. I've had a few discussions with the same kind of people with this view and its always the same. He's too lightweight, not worth the money, doesn't win 50/50 tackles. In my subtle view, its boring and shows a limited perspective of the modern game.

My real point was that people shouldn't get on their high horses and be dismissive of others' views. So you missed the point entirely, and then did exactly the same thing. Your enhanced levels of perception were clearly not up to this. 

alfie

Please tell me, there are lots of comments on here about players in wrong position, wrong players on the pitch, in light of comments on previous managers does this in fact make Kit clueless?.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FFC1987

Quote from: Whitesideup on October 30, 2014, 06:56:37 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on October 30, 2014, 01:56:39 PM

My real point was that people shouldn't get on their high horses and be dismissive of others' views. So you missed the point entirely, and then did exactly the same thing. Your enhanced levels of perception were clearly not up to this. 

Oh, that dismissive tone was intended. I just wanted to reinforce the point that its ridiculous to suggest what you did regardless of the entitlement you hold to slag off a player for no valid reason.

Nick Bateman

David is a rare talent but showed his 'rust' brought on at that time.  I feel he probably thought it wasn't worth it, so wasn't concentrating a tad.  Stupid substitutions for a stupid team selection.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

@jolslover

Rate David, from what I've seen looks a top player and hopefully he gets some more 1st team opportunities
STH H3

FFC1987

I think before he can be judged, he needs a run of games but not in front of Ruiz. Ruiz will leave in January and his natural replacement is David I think.

westcliff white

David looks a talent that's for sure, but if the rumoured attitude problems are true I would guess that's why Kit isn't picking him. Shame but understandable if true
Every day is a Fulham day

Zu-Meister

If David is the natural replacement for Ruiz, then why isnt he on the bench?