watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zverotic

Started by TonyGilroy, October 29, 2014, 08:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

I thought Zverotic did fine last night but everybody else on here seems to think he was pretty bad. I thought he looked the part, was involved and moved the ball round well.

Strange how sensible people can watch the same thing and come away with diametrically opposite opinions. Anyone else agree with me?

epsomraver

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 29, 2014, 08:33:38 AM

I thought Zverotic did fine last night but everybody else on here seems to think he was pretty bad. I thought he looked the part, was involved and moved the ball round well.

Strange how sensible people can watch the same thing and come away with diametrically opposite opinions. Anyone else agree with me?

I do, from the JH he looked very active and stood out, I thought Aurtherworry had a good steady game for a first start Hoogland had his worst game so far, there we go, the bloke next to me did nothing but moan about Ruiz even though he had a good game, most of the moans were before he had kicked a ball!

Mince n Tatties

He was ok actually, lot better than Hoogland who was terrible I Thought
and his mistake let them back into the game..

glenhodgso

I certainly agree that sensible people can watch the same thing and come away with diametrically opposite opinions.

I also think that Zverotic was keen to impress last evening, and he seemed to play in every position except that of goalkeeper during the game.  I was impressed that he ran his heart out, and that he tried very hard.

I also remember that I used to do the same, when I was 5 or 6, at Infant school in Broadstairs, back in the late 1960's, playing 15 a side with a tennis ball on the school playground - didn't disguise the fact that I was totally crap though - and as my school report said a few years later "Glen is always very willing, if not necessarily able"

Tony

I also remember that I used to do the same, when I was 5 or 6, at Infant school in Broadstairs, back in the late 1960's, playing 15 a side with a tennis ball on the school playground - didn't disguise the fact that I was totally crap though - and as my school report said a few years later "Glen is always very willing, if not necessarily able"

Do you know, the same thing was said about me at infants school in Ramsgate in the 1960's.
Must be something to do with the Thanet sea air.

Pluto

Happy to see this thread as I really like Zverotic - works ridiculously hard, incredibly versatile, great cross on him, passionate and never moans. He's a real workhorse just like Baird was. If he can get a run of games and improve a little on his positional sense I think he could change minds and become a favourite.

He is also ridiculously harshly judged on here by those who are keen to scapegoat, mostly because people wanted a big signing on deadline day of that window and his was a tad underwelming. Hardly had enough games for us to judge last season though - yes one or two bad ones but that was in an abysmal makeshift defense in which he was by no means the worst performer (and certainly did no worse than Riether). However, he also put in an excellent performance home to Everton in the CC cup, and was great in pre-season this summer which I suspect is why he is still here.

As far as last night's performance goes, he was solid, put in a shift, moved the ball well and not to blame for the goals. One of the better performers for sure!

RaySmith

Quote from: Pluto on October 29, 2014, 11:29:26 AM
Happy to see this thread as I really like Zverotic - works ridiculously hard, incredibly versatile, great cross on him, passionate and never moans. He's a real workhorse just like Baird was. If he can get a run of games and improve a little on his positional sense I think he could change minds and become a favourite.

He is also ridiculously harshly judged on here by those who are keen to scapegoat, mostly because people wanted a big signing on deadline day of that window and his was a tad underwelming. Hardly had enough games for us to judge last season though - yes one or two bad ones but that was in an abysmal makeshift defense in which he was by no means the worst performer (and certainly did no worse than Riether). However, he also put in an excellent performance home to Everton in the CC cup, and was great in pre-season this summer which I suspect is why he is still here.

As far as last night's performance goes, he was solid, put in a shift, moved the ball well and not to blame for the goals. One of the better performers for sure!
:plus one:

jms

Have never seen him play, he's always a sub when I watch. ....but if you're comparing him to ol Bairdy, he must be good. We need versatile players like that. Look forward to seeing more of him.

Pluto

Quote from: jms on October 29, 2014, 11:35:14 AM

Have never seen him play, he's always a sub when I watch. ....but if you're comparing him to ol Bairdy, he must be good. We need versatile players like that. Look forward to seeing more of him.

Exactly, give the guy a chance! I saw someone in another thread try and suggest he's one of our worst players ever earlier when I doubt they've even seen the guy. Just ludicrous!

Huxley

I thought he was good in the half where his role was to protect the back 4 and just run around and press. Commented to my mate that he makes a better CDM than a RB. 2nd half going forward trying to score he looked out f his depth. Yes he ran and worked hard, but his passing going forwards was a bit average and he took an age on the ball and any opportunity was lost. Not the worst on the first but not the best. Hoogeland and Zverotic should have been swapped after the their 3 goal. Hoogeland was having all kinds of issue down the right. The thing that made Zverotic look worse then he was, was the time it took for kit to make a tactical sub and thus rellying on Z to be a creative midfielder. Should have brought on Eisfled/David earlier.

glenhodgso

Quote from: Tony on October 29, 2014, 11:16:27 AM

Do you know, the same thing was said about me at infants school in Ramsgate in the 1960's.
Must be something to do with the Thanet sea air.

Or the same teacher... Mine was more loquacious after a lunchtime trip to the Queen's Head...

Otley

Exactly the same sentiments as Epsom Raver.  I thought Zverotic looked very comfortable in the middle (first half anyway), same for Arthurworrey.  Also same comment for Ruiz - we must sit near each other because there's someone behind me who starts to criticise Bryan, even before he has a kick (or has been kicked).

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Pluto on October 29, 2014, 11:40:05 AM
Quote from: jms on October 29, 2014, 11:35:14 AM

Exactly, give the guy a chance! I saw someone in another thread try and suggest he's one of our worst players ever earlier when I doubt they've even seen the guy. Just ludicrous!

He's definitely one of the worst rbs we've ever had and I believe it was me who made that comment In another post. He played decent last night and you're right he hasn't played many games but I seem to be there home and away every time he plays. I noticed at Leicester away this time last year in the cup that his crossing isn't too bad, he set up Hugo for one of the goals but in general he is very poor.

We've had worse players but rb has always been a position we have flourished in. I just don't recall a rb ever being as bad as him.

It shows you how awful voser must be to be behind him in the pecking order. Credit where credits due though he gave his all and did ok, I also mentioned in the worst Player thread yesterday that that's all I ask. Providing you try I can stomach lack of ability and kit obviously sees something in him and is working on him because he has improved a little bit. A lost cause for me though,  he's not young and not the answer. Rb is a real weakness for us
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Peppo

I thought he worked hard and did some good work but when he had the ball looked a bit lost. He didn't seem to know what to do sometimes.

PaulJ123

If you want someone to run about for 90mins, give me a contract on 10k a week or whatever Zverotic is on and I could do that. I thought he was terrible as normal yesterday, he just seems very poor positionally and is always getting caught out.

How many good players have 0 caps for their country and he has almost 50 for Montenegro (who arent a bad team) is crazy

TonyGilroy

Quote from: PaulJ123 on October 29, 2014, 03:28:29 PM

How many good players have 0 caps for their country and he has almost 50 for Montenegro (who arent a bad team) is crazy

Which suggests that maybe he's not that bad.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Worst player on the pitch alongside Hoogland. Just to show you experience doesn't always count. He ran like a headless chicken.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

fulhams_finest

He was certainly not as bad as hoogland who I thought was awful last night, out of position couldn't make a tackle etc.

Jack Fulham

I thought he pressed well in the first half but faded a bit in the second, the team lacked leadership in midfield last night. His passing is a little wayward as well. It just shows how little depth we have in centre midfield after Christensen and Parker. Thanks Magath!

PaulJ123

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 29, 2014, 03:35:50 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on October 29, 2014, 03:28:29 PM

Which suggests that maybe he's not that bad.

Or Montenegro seriously lack in the RB department  :005: