watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zverotic

Started by TonyGilroy, October 29, 2014, 08:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F.luke

I thought he was one of the best players in the first half - funny how we all see things differently and I couldn't help but moan about Ruiz too!  I don't really blame the players the manager should have made changes earlier - he just stood there like a rabbit in the lights maybe he,s not the man for the job!

Swiss72

He was truly awful yesterday. No vision when he had the ball and he got a few opportunities.
Do not forget he was merely on the bench at Young Boys if I remember correctly. Which in my book is not an achievement to say the least.

gerrys

I was in H2 and I also commented how I thought he was having a very good game.......he was harder to pick out in the second half as I could not see his number. .....but that's my eyesight for you.

epsomraver

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on October 29, 2014, 04:52:57 PM
Worst player on the pitch alongside Hoogland. Just to show you experience doesn't always count. He ran like a headless chicken.

Rubbish you obviously did not watch the game.

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 29, 2014, 08:33:38 AM

I thought Zverotic did fine last night but everybody else on here seems to think he was pretty bad. I thought he looked the part, was involved and moved the ball round well.

Strange how sensible people can watch the same thing and come away with diametrically opposite opinions. Anyone else agree with me?

I hope it doesn't upset you too much that I agree wholeheartedly with you on this.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Pluto

Worst player on the pitch alongside Hoogland. Just to show you experience doesn't always count. He ran like a headless chicken.

Lol what a ridiculous comment. Would love to know what game you were watching.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: HatterDon on October 29, 2014, 08:09:22 PM

I thought Zverotic did fine last night but everybody else on here seems to think he was pretty bad. I thought he looked the part, was involved and moved the ball round well.

Strange how sensible people can watch the same thing and come away with diametrically opposite opinions. Anyone else agree with me?

I hope it doesn't upset you too much that I agree wholeheartedly with you on this.

Not at all.

I can't be right all the time.

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 29, 2014, 08:40:20 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on October 29, 2014, 08:09:22 PM

Not at all.

I can't be right all the time.

065.gif
:Get Coat gif:

Barrett487

I have only really seen Zverotic when he replaced Hoogland against Charlton, when he did 'ok' without impressing.

So i suggest to you all that you need to consider what a fullback needs to do...

1/ Tackle
2/ Pass to one of ours
3/ Create through positive play ??
4/ Cover when other defenders are caught out of position
5/ Hold up play when under attack
6/ Cover blindside runs
7/ communicate with midfield if extra threats swamp the position
8/ Cover the post at corners

Does he do all of these?

Did i miss anything?

J.Perkins

I thought Zverotic was awful last night. Passing was awful, and his overall ability is lacking massively. He was on par with Fotheringham at CM. He should have started at RB last night, and Hoogland should have been at CM. Still doesn't take away how bad Hoogland was too, but Roberts did provide no cover at all really.

J.Perkins

Quote from: epsomraver on October 29, 2014, 07:22:50 PM

What gives you the right to shoot down someones opinion?

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Barrett487 on October 29, 2014, 10:25:10 PM
I have only really seen Zverotic when he replaced Hoogland against Charlton, when he did 'ok' without impressing.

So i suggest to you all that you need to consider what a fullback needs to do...

1/ Tackle
2/ Pass to one of ours
3/ Create through positive play ??
4/ Cover when other defenders are caught out of position
5/ Hold up play when under attack
6/ Cover blindside runs
7/ communicate with midfield if extra threats swamp the position
8/ Cover the post at corners

Does he do all of these?

Did i miss anything?

And that's a list of the things he cant/ doesn't do. Now let's make a list of the things he can do well........

1) he's a good team player because he never complains about not playing much
2) his crossing is ok, not brilliant but ok.

I'm struggling after that and that's not even trying to be spiteful. If someone's crap their crap, you can't pretend they have talent. I don't know if the ones sticking up for him were senderos haters but if so I believe a trip to specsavers should be on the cards.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

HatterDon

He's the second choice fullback on a team in 20th place in the English second tier. I don't know why people express outrage that he's not brilliant as a player. If he were, he'd be playing in the top tier in England, Italy, Germany, Spain, or France.

For where we are, he's a decent backup. It's like hating your daughter because she doesn't make as much money as Taylor Swift.

TheManOnTheBus

Actually he was in a top tier team last year: Fulham

HatterDon

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on October 30, 2014, 10:36:08 PM
Actually he was in a top tier team last year: Fulham

yes, he was the back up fullback on the 2nd worst team in the history of the Premier League -- also not something to make you think he should be a great player.

Snibbo

Quote from: HatterDon on October 30, 2014, 08:05:14 PM
He's the second choice fullback on a team in 20th place in the English second tier. I don't know why people express outrage that he's not brilliant as a player. If he were, he'd be playing in the top tier in England, Italy, Germany, Spain, or France.

For where we are, he's a decent backup. It's like hating your daughter because she doesn't make as much money as Taylor Swift.
Precisely

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: HatterDon on October 30, 2014, 08:05:14 PM

064.gif
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Quote from: J.Perkins on October 29, 2014, 11:20:34 PM

He's always like this, if you disagree with him you didn't watch the game or worse you are a fair weather supporter . By the way I did watch the game and I stand by my opinion that his passing and position were terrible. I cannot fault his commitment but he was really bad.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

simplyfulham

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on October 31, 2014, 01:50:52 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on October 29, 2014, 11:20:34 PM

He's always like this, if you disagree with him you didn't watch the game or worse you are a fair weather supporter . By the way I did watch the game and I stand by my opinion that his passing and position were terrible. I cannot fault his commitment but he was really bad.

I actually felt his positioning was OK. He generally go it right even if he was a little too deep.

His distribution and first touch were extremely poor however.