watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Country White's.

Started by Full Metal Ham, October 29, 2014, 12:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Full Metal Ham

A brief story - Was down visiting my Mum down in Dorset this weekend gone. A lovely part of the world there, down by the sea. Obviously on friday night I excused myself from Maternal duties to pop down the local to catch the game. Place was pretty empty but they were a real sports pub with scarfs on the walls, darts, pool, ping pong, the lot - and a lovely big widescreen HD telly with an empty row of seats and tables at a perfect distance from it. Oh the glories of coming to see Fulham games out in the provinces I thought so I settled down for the kick off with pint in hand and noticed another bloke come and sit on the table next to mine. I leaned over and said "You're not a Charlton fan are you?" to which he replied... "Fulham!"

I couldn't really believe it as there aren't even that many of us in London! He was proper Fulham as well, been to the FA cup final and everything... Turned out we'd both been to the Norwich just previous... Apparently theres a few over that side of Bridport as you tend to get more London migrants there.

A very nice and unexpected encounter for what was a delight of a match.

A toast to you West Country Whites. If you're on the board make your selves known!

Holders

I went to watch a match in a pub in Redruth, Cornwall, last year and there was a local Fulham fan in there.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

LukeJennings

I live in Yeovil and watch Fulham home & away. You'll have to let me know if you're in the area again!
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

AUSFFC

May be off topic, but im in Australia, I don't think I have ever met another Fulham supporter! Sucks really.. that's why I love this forum, I feel at home aha :)
"Never expecting, always believing" COYW

ScalleysDad

There is a guy in Exeter who hangs out in The City Gate currently banging on to his daughter that he named Kit Symons before Jol started his second disastrous season. Insufferable ass.

Luke. Nice ruck sack by the way.Somebody gets off at Honiton, then there is me at Exeter Central, near The City Gate , but after the Norridge game I just caught a glimpse of a Fulham shirt still on the train that terminated at St Davids 500 yards further down the line. Never seen him before. The numbers are growing ...............

Scrumpy

I spent a weekend in West Bay, just outside Bridport in the summer. There is one Car Park by the marina, holds about 30 cars. My car was the third car to have Fulham stickers in the window! It was bizarre. Spent most of the next two days winking at people asking if they were Cottagers too.

Arrested shortly after.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

FPT

I'm at Uni in Bournemouth so I suppose I could be a part-time/temporary member of the Dorset Whites!

jms

Not exactly west country whites.....but checked into an expensive hotel near Chipping Campden in 2013 called the Charingworth Hotel. In the car park were 2 other FFC stickers in the back of 2 other rather 'posh' cars.
Never did find out who they belonged to......but.................. Just goes to prove we are real 'Ruperts'.......well I'm actually a "Rupert....ess" and i drive a mere Renault Clio for my sins.

Holders

I pulled into a car park at Dartmeet, in the middle of Dartmoor, a while back and when I got back there was another car with Fulham stickers parked right next to it.

Berserker

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 29, 2014, 11:30:50 PM
I spent a weekend in West Bay, just outside Bridport in the summer. There is one Car Park by the marina, holds about 30 cars. My car was the third car to have Fulham stickers in the window! It was bizarre. Spent most of the next two days winking at people asking if they were Cottagers too.

Arrested shortly after.
Oh West Bay, remember it well, met the guy from Basingstoke at West Bay when I was a teenager ......... oh those late night walks along the cliff tops

Better go to work and sort out some IT problems before I drift off in some romantic haze of remebering my misspent youth
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

f321ffc

049:gif Half a dozen or so of us in the Newton Abbot / Torbay area. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

epsomraver

Hopefully moving to North Devon soon so there will be two more, cannot be more specific as don't want the locals upset by a influx of fans banging on the door :021:

Holders

Look forward to you joining us, Epsom.

I put in an offer on a property in mid/north Devon last June but it's taking an age, just off to look at a couple more today as backstops in case it falls through. It's a reasonably buyer's market here.

epsomraver

Quote from: Holders on October 30, 2014, 09:50:00 AM
Look forward to you joining us, Epsom.

I put in an offer on a property in mid/north Devon last June but it's taking an age, just off to look at a couple more today as backstops in case it falls through. It's a reasonably buyer's market here.

same here, started looking in July, twice went down N Devon/ Cornwall border  and while there buyer pulled out of our sale both 4 weeks in, now sold again and bid accepted on place near Holsworthy, just waiting for legal bits to grind through, good luck hunting we had at least one as back up.

NikBoz

Oh Dorset is beautiful wherever you go
And the rain in the summertime makes the wurzel bush grow
And it's pleasant to sit in the thunder and the hail
With my girl friend on a turnip clamp to hear the sweet nightingale...........

Bumped into a few FFC down here in Poole/Bournemouth and quite a lot of fans are still on the train after I get off at Branksome.  Roll on Boxing Day! COYW

Snibbo

Quote from: AUSFFC on October 29, 2014, 11:12:35 PM
May be off topic, but im in Australia, I don't think I have ever met another Fulham supporter! Sucks really.. that's why I love this forum, I feel at home aha :)
Well I'm in Adelaide mate if you're ever in the area. I was driving through mount barker last year (about 30 kms from Adelaide) and in front of me was a van with a "follow the Fulham" sticker in the rear window.

GrumpyWhite

Quote from: Holders on October 29, 2014, 01:55:43 PM
I went to watch a match in a pub in Redruth, Cornwall, last year and there was a local Fulham fan in there.

Very brave to go and watch a game in a pub in Redruth - used to watch the Whites Premiershite games in pubs in Falmouth - goodness knows what I will do this season

Logicalman

Dorset, spent 20 years there, Gods Country to be sure. North Dorset is my favorite, though the 'Jurassic Coast' and Durdle Dor and also West Bay areas are simply beautiful.

Still miss the place, great pubs, great people, but steer clear of Pentridge!! You have been warned.  :016:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

snarks

Grew up in Dorset (although it was Hampshire when we moved there but that's another story) and my mother still lives there, now live just outside Southampton and travel up to home games and a few away matches.

Fond memories of the area growing up tho'

Trumpytrousers

There's few of us in Taunton...half a dozen that I know of!