watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Country White's.

Started by Full Metal Ham, October 29, 2014, 12:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorsetwhite

Yes I have lived in Dorset for 23 years. I go to see the super whites , only about 20 matches a season.

Tony

Quote from: Full Metal Ham on October 29, 2014, 12:48:06 PM
A brief story - Was down visiting my Mum down in Dorset this weekend gone. A lovely part of the world there, down by the sea. Obviously on friday night I excused myself from Maternal duties to pop down the local to catch the game. Place was pretty empty but they were a real sports pub with scarfs on the walls, darts, pool, ping pong, the lot - and a lovely big widescreen HD telly with an empty row of seats and tables at a perfect distance from it. Oh the glories of coming to see Fulham games out in the provinces I thought so I settled down for the kick off with pint in hand and noticed another bloke come and sit on the table next to mine. I leaned over and said "You're not a Charlton fan are you?" to which he replied... "Fulham!"

I couldn't really believe it as there aren't even that many of us in London! He was proper Fulham as well, been to the FA cup final and everything... Turned out we'd both been to the Norwich just previous... Apparently theres a few over that side of Bridport as you tend to get more London migrants there.

A very nice and unexpected encounter for what was a delight of a match.

A toast to you West Country Whites. If you're on the board make your selves known!

I know a group of Preston supporters from the Guildford area that travel together to away games.
It came about because individually they would go to a game, start chatting on the terraces to a fellow supporter, discover they live in the same area, and agree to meet up at the next away game, in London, say.
Gradually the group grew in size to about 8 or 9.
It is great that people have become friends because of a game called football.

ffccornwall

I now live in Cornwall (ex Tolworth & Guildford), can't get to many games these days but always watch games online. Got tickets for the game at Brighton, still an addict!

BigNigeBowds

Im from Croyde, North Devon but have now moved to Wimbledon Park about 6 months ago.

Didn't know any other Fulham fans around that way but did see the odd shirt during the summer season
'Hamburg host the final, Fulham play in it'

@SamBowdenFFC

Holders

Quote from: epsomraver on October 30, 2014, 10:03:38 AM
Quote from: Holders on October 30, 2014, 09:50:00 AM
Look forward to you joining us, Epsom.

I put in an offer on a property in mid/north Devon last June but it's taking an age, just off to look at a couple more today as backstops in case it falls through. It's a reasonably buyer's market here.

same here, started looking in July, twice went down N Devon/ Cornwall border  and while there buyer pulled out of our sale both 4 weeks in, now sold again and bid accepted on place near Holsworthy, just waiting for legal bits to grind through, good luck hunting we had at least one as back up.

Good luck mate, property is good value that way. I have a friend in Hartland, just up the coast. Nice place. The coast between Hartland and Bude is fantastic.

One of the houses that I looked at today was in Exbourne, not so far from Holsworthy but the one I've been trying to buy since June is just north of Tiverton so closer to the motorway and main rail line so will be easier to get to matches than from south Dartmoor, where I am now.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

VB

Quote from: Holders on October 29, 2014, 01:55:43 PM
I went to watch a match in a pub in Redruth, Cornwall, last year and there was a local Fulham fan in there.

My brother lives just outside of Redruth (Poole,Carn Brae). He's a Fulham nut. Long blond hair (a cross between Rod Stewart/Mick Ronson) hopfully it wasn't him. He could start a fight in a empty room.
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

Holders

Quote from: VB on October 30, 2014, 09:13:55 PM
Quote from: Holders on October 29, 2014, 01:55:43 PM
I went to watch a match in a pub in Redruth, Cornwall, last year and there was a local Fulham fan in there.

My brother lives just outside of Redruth (Poole,Carn Brae). He's a Fulham nut. Long blond hair (a cross between Rod Stewart/Mick Ronson) hopfully it wasn't him. He could start a fight in a empty room.

This guy was about 40 with long-ish hair and was playing pool with some other locals, seemed an ok guy. It was a largish pub on the left up the hill towards the station. Can't remember the name. It was absolutely lashing down and I just went in the first one with a telly.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

OdecaMynoT

Couple more from Somerton and Charlton Adam in Somerset.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

NDorsetwhite

Well obviously I live in North Dorset though brought up in Tolworth and lived there until I was 18. Apart from a few members of my dwindling family the only thing I miss about the London area is Fulham. Like many others I rarely get to matches now but try to
watch a stream whenever there's one available. I'm coming up for the Huddersfield match but shocked to find it's over £53 for the train ticket (maybe because I'm coming back on Sunday and have only just booked my ticket) On the few occasions I travel up by train from Gillingham (on the main Waterloo - Exeter line) I nearly always see some other Fulham fans

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Holders on October 30, 2014, 08:59:25 PM

I put in an offer on a property in mid/north Devon last June but it's taking an age, just off to look at a couple more today as backstops in case it falls through. It's a reasonably buyer's market here.

same here, started looking in July, twice went down N Devon/ Cornwall border  and while there buyer pulled out of our sale both 4 weeks in, now sold again and bid accepted on place near Holsworthy, just waiting for legal bits to grind through, good luck hunting we had at least one as back up.

Good luck mate, property is good value that way. I have a friend in Hartland, just up the coast. Nice place. The coast between Hartland and Bude is fantastic.

One of the houses that I looked at today was in Exbourne, not so far from Holsworthy but the one I've been trying to buy since June is just north of Tiverton so closer to the motorway and main rail line so will be easier to get to matches than from south Dartmoor, where I am now.

Hartland Point on a windy day with a big sea............. goose bumps. Do the walk to Clovelly, its a damn sight easier and the views continue.

epsomraver

Quote from: Holders on October 30, 2014, 08:59:25 PM

That was one of the reasons we have gone for this house,  half mile to the A3079 then  20 minutes to the A30 at the Oakhampton turn should make travelling up a bit easier than some we looked at around miles and miles of winding lanes

Fernhurst

Quite a shy and retiring bunch down here in the South West.

I would like to hear more from all these folk. Don't be put off by the more vocal strident voices on here, more opinions or just thoughts the better.

Nikboz 2 posts - welcome to FOF
Grumpy White 16 posts
Narks 14
Trumpy trousers 2 welcome to FOF (not sure I wish to share a single carriage back from London!!)
Dorset White 8
Ffccornwall 11
Ndoreset white 10

Fernhurst - Poole Dorset
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

MrProphet

I'm just outside Sherborne in Dorset. Season ticket holder for the previous 6 years. Hate to think how many hours I've spent on the train over the years!

Adi-ffc

I'm just outside Dorchester, get to 20 odd games a season. Lived in Peckham for 10 years before that, quite a lifestyle change down here! Great place to be though.

FulhamStu

I am in South Shropshire, does that count ?   They call me FulhamStu, hence my handle.

LukeJennings

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on October 30, 2014, 10:12:59 PM
Couple more from Somerton and Charlton Adam in Somerset.

Very close to me
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

LukeJennings

Quote from: MrProphet on October 31, 2014, 07:42:05 AM
I'm just outside Sherborne in Dorset. Season ticket holder for the previous 6 years. Hate to think how many hours I've spent on the train over the years!

Which side of Sherborne? Very close to me, always on the train up too, what time do you get on?
Twitter; @lukealele

Please subscribe!

LukeJennings

Quote from: ScalleysDad on October 29, 2014, 11:21:06 PM
There is a guy in Exeter who hangs out in The City Gate currently banging on to his daughter that he named Kit Symons before Jol started his second disastrous season. Insufferable ass.

Luke. Nice ruck sack by the way.Somebody gets off at Honiton, then there is me at Exeter Central, near The City Gate , but after the Norridge game I just caught a glimpse of a Fulham shirt still on the train that terminated at St Davids 500 yards further down the line. Never seen him before. The numbers are growing ...............

Nice Rucksack... Hmm, go on spill the beans! Have we spoke or have you just seen me at games?
Twitter; @lukealele

Please subscribe!

GrumpyWhite

Quote from: Fernhurst on October 31, 2014, 06:09:06 AM
Quite a shy and retiring bunch down here in the South West.

I would like to hear more from all these folk. Don't be put off by the more vocal strident voices on here, more opinions or just thoughts the better.

Nikboz 2 posts - welcome to FOF
Grumpy White 16 posts
Narks 14
Trumpy trousers 2 welcome to FOF (not sure I wish to share a single carriage back from London!!)
Dorset White 8
Ffccornwall 11
Ndoreset white 10

Fernhurst - Poole Dorset

Not quiet and retiring - just speechless from all the shenanigans at FFC over the last couple of seasons

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.