watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roy's rolling contract doesn't expire until the 1st of July 10'

Started by Admin, June 30, 2010, 06:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Which is...wait...tomorrow...Thursday. A little dicky bird has told me that Roy had spoken to and agreed terms two weeks ago with Liverpool. Under the terms of Roy's current rolling contract, we couldn't sack him or put him on gardening leave as it would has cost us and stopped us getting any compensation from Liverpool which has been agreed already at around the 2 million quid mark.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is why there has been a delay and Roy's move to Liverpool will be publicaly and officialy anounced tommorow. Also expect a swift appointment in regards to Fulham new manager which has also been tied up whilst waiting for Roy to depart. The man has been pick but unfortunately I've not been given any names.

scotty

All this will he/wont he chatter has been quite annoying. I'll be pretty happy when we can just move forward whatever the outcome. Thanks for the insight, should be an interesting July

Yarden

FFCSteve

I hope they struggle just as much as last season!

Yes he did us proud, but I hope he has a poo season & gets the sack!

I'm sorry, but It just leaves a bitter taste!

Same as all the other maybe leavers. I don't get it, they look good when they play for a club like ours, but as soon as expectations move to another level at so called better clubs, it generally shows these people are not up to the challenge.

No more player of the season or month, no more manager of the year.

Is it really all about money? surely playing well, doing well & getting plaudits from the the fans, press & your peers are just as important!

Pahhhh!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

RidgeRider

Thanks Admin. I was under the impression the final details of his contract with them were still being worked out or he was waiting for the call from the FA, but his current contract makes more sense as to why this has been delayed.

Bring on Hughes!

timmyg

Where did you get that from?

According to the Guardian, he signed a 12month rolling contract only back in December:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/dec/30/roy-hodgson-fulham-new-contract
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Admin

Put it this way...I don't think Roy is at fault here. If anything, he's doing/done us a favor..

If Roy walks...or did walk two weeks ago, Fulham would have not been entitled to a penny from Liverpool as in the way of compensation for tapping up our manager under contract leaving Roy to walk freely into to the Liverpool job.

If we sacked Roy or placed him under gardening leave under the current terms and conditions of his rolling contract again, Fulham would have had to pay Roy weather he liked it on not and again, he would have been free to walk into the liverpool position at will..

I've also been told that the current agreed compensation package is 2 million and Liverpool, skint as they are, have tried of loading a couple of fringe players of theirs to us to cover the cost. We've said no..

Admin

Quote from: timmyg on June 30, 2010, 07:21:14 PM

According to the Guardian, he signed a 12month rolling contract only back in December:

I prefer to belive what what I was told today as it now starts to make sense. Thanks for the heads up any way.

SuffolkWhite

If we have said no to some fringe players, would that suggest that we have a manager in waiting who would have the option of taking those players?

And if we have said no, the new Manager has players lined up to be signed already?

I don't know if I feel  :55: with all this or  :007:, I don't know  :doh:!!!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: timmyg on June 30, 2010, 07:21:14 PM

Sorry Admin, doesn't all add up mate, in December it was announced on the Offal taht he had signed a one year contract extension, not in July.

RidgeRider

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on June 30, 2010, 07:30:07 PM
If we have said no to some fringe players, would that suggest that we have a manager in waiting who would have the option of taking those players?

And if we have said no, the new Manager has players lined up to be signed already?

MAF is a smart businessman. No doubt he has Alistair in daily contact with our new manager and the new guy is involved, behind the scenes, with evaluating what he needs and most likely knows who these fringe players that were offered, and probably said "no, they don't fit or -- aren't worth 2M".

richie17

surely the entire point of a rolling contract is that it doesn't expire?

leonffc

Quote from: RidgeRider on June 30, 2010, 07:41:36 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on June 30, 2010, 07:30:07 PM

MAF is a smart businessman. No doubt he has Alistair in daily contact with our new manager and the new guy is involved, behind the scenes, with evaluating what he needs and most likely knows who these fringe players that were offered, and probably said "no, they don't fit or -- aren't worth 2M".

QuoteDoes this mean that Roy may not be responsible for Senderos?

FatFreddysCat

leonffc

Admin

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 30, 2010, 08:50:30 PM
Was it Jay that gave you this insight?  :015:

Trust me, Jay has coming to him, what is owed big time. nice to see the little plonker sh1ting it on a daily basis let me add.

LRCN

one year rolling contracts always have a year left on them.

Steve_orino

Quote from: Lork on June 30, 2010, 11:56:28 PM
one year rolling contracts always have a year left on them.

That's the way I had understood it.  That Roy's contract started over each day and he had a year left...:shrugs:
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

FFC4Life

The reason they've waited until today has nothing to do with Roy's contract status; as Lork points out, a 1 year rolling contract ALWAYS has 1 year left on it. The alleged reason for the delay is that Liverpool's new sponsorship deal with Standard Chartered starts today, and they wanted any press conference for a new manager to have their logo plastered all over it.