Main Menu

KIT APPOINTED - OFFICIAL

Started by FPT, October 29, 2014, 06:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akf

Scrumpy

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on October 29, 2014, 10:59:41 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on October 29, 2014, 08:56:12 PM
Great news. Well done Kit. I was beginning to wonder what more a new British coach could do to get their chance. Basically, he has made it very difficult for the panel to appoint anyone else. Well done boyo.

Someone on TIFF reckons that Huw Jennings is being appointed Director of Football with someone new coming in to head up the Academy. That could be a master-stroke, if Jennings can help persuade some real talent to join the Club. Him and Kit must know each other well, so it would make sense.

Well, Scrump, I wonder if I will get a finder's fee if that is indeed reality.
Nogood "my idea it was, isit" Boyo
You bloody Welsh, all stick together! Did I ever tell you I was educated at a certain University in Aberystwyth? More pubs than churches, and I visited them all. I may be English, but I have a soft spot for the Welsh and the fact that Kit was born in Basingstoke, about 5 miles from where I now sip my G&T, makes him the perfect pick for me. It's almost a man-crush.  049:gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

premFlem

I was beginning to think we might have a riot on our hands, Well done Kit.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

NogoodBoyo

I didn't know you lived in Basingstoke.  Bloody hell, I had an image of you sipping wurzel juice in Devizes or Chipping Norton - not Basingstoke.
Any road, I've been pushing Huw for a while now - to my knowledge the first to do so.  He has a very Cymraeg name but I have no idea if he is truly Taff.  Kit? Never met a Welshie called Kit. Why can't he be called Dai like everybody else?  Or Symons the boot?
Nogood "can't have enough Welshies in the club, isit" Boyo
P.S.  You'd have gone through Llanwrda and Pumpsaint to get to Aberystwyth, wouldn't you?  Land of my fathers' them are.  Many more sheep than people - and that's a good thing, itis.

Scrumpy

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on October 29, 2014, 11:16:54 PM
I didn't know you lived in Basingstoke.  Bloody hell, I had an image of you sipping wurzel juice in Devizes or Chipping Norton - not Basingstoke.
Any road, I've been pushing Huw for a while now - to my knowledge the first to do so.  He has a very Cymraeg name but I have no idea if he is truly Taff.  Kit? Never met a Welshie called Kit. Why can't he be called Dai like everybody else?  Or Symons the boot?
P.S.  You'd have gone through Llanwrda and Pumpsaint to get to Aberystwyth, wouldn't you?  Land of my fathers' them are.  Many more sheep than people - and that's a good thing, itis.
Ah yes, the Scrumpy thing throws people. Long story, best left for an evening when I don't have to get up at 6am tomorrow.

No good "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch" Church on a bridge, by a fork in the river blah, blah Scrumps
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

jms

KP_FFC

thank god, finally. the perfect appointment.

FFCsince64

I will sleep better every night knowing Kit will rebuild our club.  Kit is a respected football man. He will regain for Fulham the worldwide respect this venerable club deserves.

Deanothefulhamfan

So I have had a pretty bad day, woke up to find Fulham had crashed out the cup, then missed my flight connection back from China, but then I come on Friendsoffulham quickly and all my problems are gone. Should have been announced sooner, but credit to the club for appointing the right man. Also made be a very tidy amount of money in doing so..... Little bonus

Good luck Kit we are all behind you

Lighthouse

We need to continue to give him time and to make sure we have patience. This club has been badly let down by the people in charge. It will take time to repair. But at last we have a manager who looks to have found a way to make the players he has play to their potential.

This is still a poor squad and a young core of players. But we now have the man full time who can serve the team well. Good luck.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

just_another_day

very happy about this news, should of been after charlton game or rotherham if you ask me,

good luck kit lets go get them results now.

FFCSteve

Congrats to Kit.
Seems to have brought some stability back to the club
After reading Kits interview in the Standard, he was sure to field a weakened eleven last night.
For most of the first half though, there definitely seemed to be a bit of the old feel good factor back amongst fans.
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Jonaldiniho 88

Well done kit. Let's take three from Wigan and get on a roll.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: HatterDon on October 29, 2014, 08:22:03 PM
the best thing about this decision is that it shows that our owner isn't falling into the trap of other new moneyed owners of smallish clubs -- going for a "name from the continent."

The SECOND best thing is that there won't be anymore Steve Bruce threads for a while.

:plus one:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Berserker

Quote from: Scrumpy on October 29, 2014, 11:09:43 PM
Quote from: NogoodBoyo on October 29, 2014, 10:59:41 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on October 29, 2014, 08:56:12 PM
Great news. Well done Kit. I was beginning to wonder what more a new British coach could do to get their chance. Basically, he has made it very difficult for the panel to appoint anyone else. Well done boyo.

Someone on TIFF reckons that Huw Jennings is being appointed Director of Football with someone new coming in to head up the Academy. That could be a master-stroke, if Jennings can help persuade some real talent to join the Club. Him and Kit must know each other well, so it would make sense.

Well, Scrump, I wonder if I will get a finder's fee if that is indeed reality.
Nogood "my idea it was, isit" Boyo
You bloody Welsh, all stick together! Did I ever tell you I was educated at a certain University in Aberystwyth? More pubs than churches, and I visited them all. I may be English, but I have a soft spot for the Welsh and the fact that Kit was born in Basingstoke, about 5 miles from where I now sip my G&T, makes him the perfect pick for me. It's almost a man-crush.  049:gif
Ah Basingstoke, when I was a teenager I used to do my courting there :)
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berserker

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on October 29, 2014, 11:16:54 PMI didn't know you lived in Basingstoke.  Bloody hell, I had an image of you sipping wurzel juice in Devizes or Chipping Norton - not Basingstoke.
Any road, I've been pushing Huw for a while now - to my knowledge the first to do so.  He has a very Cymraeg name but I have no idea if he is truly Taff.  Kit? Never met a Welshie called Kit. Why can't he be called Dai like everybody else?  Or Symons the boot?
P.S.  You'd have gone through Llanwrda and Pumpsaint to get to Aberystwyth, wouldn't you?  Land of my fathers' them are.  Many more sheep than people - and that's a good thing, itis.
My Dad's and Grandad's name was both William Morgan, never thought of William as a Welsh name,  mind you my uncle was called Lewis Morgan which I think is.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Holders

Quote from: Berserker on October 30, 2014, 07:36:38 AM
Quote from: NogoodBoyo on October 29, 2014, 11:16:54 PM
My Dad's and Grandad's name was both William Morgan, never thought of William as a Welsh name,  mind you my uncle was called Lewis Morgan which I think is.

A friend wanted a ready-trained dog to help manage his animals that he grazes on Dartmoor and ended up buying one from Wales. The trouble was that when he went to to collect him he found that the dog only understood commands in Welsh so my friend had to learn them. One day the dog got lost and my friend (a big man-mountain with long unkempt hair) was walking over the moor at dusk calling his name "Dai, Dai, Dai".

And this is the area that inspired Hound of the Baskervilles.

True story.

Now, I've never thought of Basingstoke as romantic... William is no more a Welsh name than it is English, it obviously came over with The Bastard.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Berserker

Yes I was a 'B', that's how i become adopted into the Morgan clan. In those days women didn't keep illigimate children themselves, sad but true. I was actually borne in a mother and baby home in Poole.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Holders

Those days were different, I think that concept has gone right of the window now.

I was thinking of the origin of the name William which came over with William the Bastard, so was never a native English name just as it isn't Welsh either.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria