watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Disappointing Hutchinson

Started by J.Perkins, October 29, 2014, 11:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Perkins

I thought we got a very decent player when we signed him. Young, and with a wealth of experience of 1st team football. However, he has been a massive disappointment, and I can't think of anything positive he has done in competition. It makes it worse because he had a good pre-season. I'm not writing him off, but I hope he gets his act together, and when given 1st team opportunities, makes more of them.

EJL

I thought he was pretty good before he got sent off against Blackburn.

J.Perkins

Quote from: EJL on October 29, 2014, 11:47:24 PM

He got sent off and cost us the game, overrides all previous minutes played.

shnlwswlkr

He gets pretty decent on FiFA at least.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

ChesterTheTabby

I really feel like this lad is a very descent defender, but a series of very unfortunate events have tarnished his image, credentials, and confidence. Most of them are self imposed, but I think we should not give up on him yet...he and Burn or he and Bodurov could still be a good pairing if/when one of the BnB get hurt or need rest.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

HatterDon

I think he's a good defender as well. I'm glad he got a chance in the Cup match. He's not going to nudge B&B out of their slots, but he'll get better.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

EJL

Quote from: J.Perkins on October 29, 2014, 11:48:42 PM
Quote from: EJL on October 29, 2014, 11:47:24 PM

He got sent off and cost us the game, overrides all previous minutes played.
Hmm, not sure it works quite like that. Hutchinson still played 45 mins; the red card doesn't wipe that showing off the face of the planet. Rhodes and co were kept fairly quiet and he was winning all of his aerial battles.

RaySmith

Getting a red card was just one of those things that could happen to anyone- shows his enthusiasm and commitment to the cause.

He is a promising player, and a worthy member of our squad - GIVE THE BLOKE A CHANCE.

Zu-Meister

He has no calmness. Clearances headed and hoofed end up no where interesting.

Martinsback

Quote from: Zu-Meister on October 30, 2014, 07:39:52 AM
He has no calmness. Clearances headed and hoofed end up no where interesting.

Imagine if you were judged on what you do only on a couple of days out of your entire career. If he had played a blinder in those two games who you then go on to ignore all his faults forever?

MJG

He will come good.. Just as someone like Baird did when he first arrived. To be honest would have wanted to be a CB on Tuesday... No cover to the right, inexperience to left and in front Zevotic and Hyndman.

MasterHaynes

Personally I was disapointed when we signed him as having watched Arthurworrey felt we had a ready made back up who would complement Burn as he is very comfortable on the ball and has a wide range of passing. WhenI saw them warming up I feared they were going to start Arthurworrey alongside Hutchison which was not a great start for a debut. never been impressed with Hutchison after watching him against Crawley pre season looked like a walking red card with some of the mistimed tackles. Tuesday night confirmed to me that the better of two is Arthurworrey. He made a mistimed clearance after Hoogland and Hutchison had let the player come along the line for the 2nd goal but generally calm and played the ball out well, added presence to the defence.

TonyGilroy

I'm not impressed.

A defender can't make the sort of mistakes he's making. He may well be over anxious but if Senderos was a mistake waiting to happen then with Hutchinson you don't need to wait long.

epsomraver

Quote from: MasterHaynes on October 30, 2014, 08:20:08 AM
Personally I was disapointed when we signed him as having watched Arthurworrey felt we had a ready made back up who would complement Burn as he is very comfortable on the ball and has a wide range of passing. WhenI saw them warming up I feared they were going to start Arthurworrey alongside Hutchison which was not a great start for a debut. never been impressed with Hutchison after watching him against Crawley pre season looked like a walking red card with some of the mistimed tackles. Tuesday night confirmed to me that the better of two is Arthurworrey. He made a mistimed clearance after Hoogland and Hutchison had let the player come along the line for the 2nd goal but generally calm and played the ball out well, added presence to the defence.
0001.jpeg

Zu-Meister

Thing with chris baird was that i always saw he had a good composed player in him. One can tell. But with hutch, ive seen every game he has played in so far, and he just makes me nervous.

millsy

I was at the Crawley game too and got the same feeling that he tends to clatter in, which gives up cheap free kicks and good players will exploit his imbalance when the ball is on the ground. I think his strength is in the air, where he wins his fair share and usually gets something on it.

Like the look of Arthiurworrey and feel he should be groomed as first understudy to Dan.

FulhamStu

Lack of pace is the no1 issue.  Burn is similar but makes up for it with other qualities which include being 6 foot 7 inches !    We should not give up on him but I am not sure how he can make his legs move faster !!

HatterDon

Quote from: Zu-Meister on October 30, 2014, 09:22:59 AM
Thing with chris baird was that i always saw he had a good composed player in him. One can tell. But with hutch, ive seen every game he has played in so far, and he just makes me nervous.

Really? Then you and I were the only ones. The first two years he was with us he was universally criticized as the worst player in the league never mind with Fulham.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Zu-Meister

Quote from: HatterDon on October 30, 2014, 08:07:40 PM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on October 30, 2014, 09:22:59 AM

Really? Then you and I were the only ones. The first two years he was with us he was universally criticized as the worst player in the league never mind with Fulham.
it was the way he controlled the ball and passed it. it was clear he had a natural feel for the game. and it turned out to be so. he was a good reader of the game. great passer. tough tackler. just lacked pace, which is why people were criticising at the start with the clueless sanchez playing him at right back with no cover.

Jem

"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx