watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kit Symonds Nice Bloke but a push over

Started by Martinsback, October 30, 2014, 01:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinsback

...that is the impression he seems to have made on some people here.

However, I happen to know a young lad that was managed by Kit in out under 18s and he says that Kit is hard on his players and wants the best out of them. If they don't make the grade they are let go as was this lad. So lets not let his big smile give us the wrong impression.

ChesterTheTabby

Very deceiving title for the post... Well done, Martinsback, well done indeed.

I can see Kit being as strong a manager as he is coach. I'm excited for our future.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

RaySmith

It doesn't surprise me he is actually quite tough -he wouldn't have lasted five minutes in any managerial role if he wasn't.

Tough but fair -that's what we want, and that's how I imagine Kit to be.

Martinsback

Quote from: RaySmith on October 30, 2014, 05:05:50 AM
It doesn't surprise me he is actually quite tough -he wouldn't have lasted five minutes in any managerial role if he wasn't.

Tough but fair -that's what we want, and that's how I imagine Kit to be.

That's how I see him too.

Martinsback

Quote from: maoconnor on October 30, 2014, 02:09:57 AM
Very deceiving title for the post... Well done, Martinsback, well done indeed.

I can see Kit being as strong a manager as he is coach. I'm excited for our future.

Thanks. I am very hopeful for our future under Kit.

Berserker

He seemed nice but assertive when we met him st Motspur park
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

snarks

I think managing the youth set up is bound to make you tough.

You have to tell at lot of young lads that their dreams will remain just that. You have to cajole the good ones to be better too. It's not like a first team where you tell them to go out and perform and if someone has not played well drop them. You have to be ruthless and that is good grounding for getting management right.

You also really get to know the club, Kit has all the right credentials. I hope he keeps up the good work.

MGBadrock

I read the headline to this topic and I was ready to come crashing and bashing in to defend Kit......phew

Peppo

Roy comes over as very nice bloke, very gentlemanly. Behind the scenes he is hard as nails though. Players never dared mess with him.

Pie and mash

Remember the last ruthless manager we had?

shnlwswlkr

Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

SP

Kit needs a Gok style makeover, his grey suit & jumper combo make him look like a British Rail ticket inspector.

:005:

Fulham1959

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on October 30, 2014, 03:15:29 PM
Who is Kit Symonds?

Agreed.  It would be nice if people learned how to spell his name, now he is confirmed as our manager.

Martinsback

Quote from: MGBadrock on October 30, 2014, 01:24:42 PM
I read the headline to this topic and I was ready to come crashing and bashing in to defend Kit......phew

Glad you didn't have to!

Martinsback

Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 30, 2014, 07:34:15 PM
Who is Kit Symonds?

Agreed.  It would be nice if people learned how to spell his name, now he is confirmed as our manager.

Sorry Fulham1957 just a typo.

VB

I've met Kit. If any on/at FOF ever meet him, ask him about the girl dressed as a bumble bee in Berlin?
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

Fulham1959

Quote from: Martinsback on October 30, 2014, 08:37:09 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on October 30, 2014, 07:34:15 PM
Who is Kit Symonds?

Sorry Fulham1957 just a typo.

Fulham1959, actually - or are you just teasing me ?

. . . and you can still edit the topic heading (I think)

K33NY

I loved one of hes quotes after the Wigan match!

"What happened before is in the past, I had to take over with one point from seven games and it was tough. But they've responded so well and I'm very demanding from what I expect of them; I will challenge them to keep raising that bar and up until now they've been magnificent."

I think hes tough in a fair way to them and at the same time motivates hes players, thats a good skill for a manager he most likely says all the right things to them, because even though this match wasnt good, and had sloppy defence, bad passes horrible crosses and even worse corner/freekicks, they NEVER gave up :)