News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wigan ticket: what does 'unreserved seating' mean?

Started by Neil D, October 30, 2014, 12:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil D

I have never been to Wigan before.  I keep my visits 'oop North' to the bare minimum in case I get bitten by a rabid ferret or clog what remains of my arteries with their cholesterol-fest gourmet cuisine.  My ticket says 'unreserved seating'.  Does this mean the away fans can sit anywhere in the North stand?

ffcthereligion

It means sit anywhere you like out of the 5000 they give us behind the goal.

MasterHaynes

It's old school the early bird gets to pick the best seats

Neil D

That is what I surmised but there's also what appears to be a seat number (U 80) on the ticket.
Only 5000?

NorfolkJim

Might that be Unreserved no80, as in we've only sold 80 tickets!  :49:

Berserker

When I went to Wigan a couple of seadon ago there were so few of us you could sit anywhere. I still managed to get the pitch invader hide behind my seat and had stewards swarming all around me though
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

bobby01

Quote from: Berserker on October 30, 2014, 02:38:03 PM
When I went to Wigan a couple of seadon ago there were so few of us you could sit anywhere. I still managed to get the pitch invader hide behind my seat and had stewards swarming all around me though

Not a naked one I hope!
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Southcoastffc

:022:
Quote from: Neil D on October 30, 2014, 01:02:53 PM
That is what I surmised but there's also what appears to be a seat number (U 80) on the ticket.
Only 5000?
U80 is your age bracket.  :022:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Wingnut

Quote from: Berserker on October 30, 2014, 02:38:03 PM

Was that the one where AJ scored the equalizer late on?

I reckon we'll take a lot more than 80 up there this weekend.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Neil D on October 30, 2014, 12:45:26 PM
I have never been to Wigan before.  I keep my visits 'oop North' to the bare minimum in case I get bitten by a rabid ferret or clog what remains of my arteries with their cholesterol-fest gourmet cuisine.  My ticket says 'unreserved seating'.  Does this mean the away fans can sit anywhere in the North stand?

The opening sentence of this thread makes you sound a tit, and not a good kind.

Neil D

Quote from: Northern Cottager on October 31, 2014, 12:05:26 AM

I take it you mean the second sentence since the first is merely a statement of fact.  Or are you as grammatically challenged (and humourless) as you appear to be?

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Neil D on October 31, 2014, 11:01:19 AM

I take it you mean the second sentence since the first is merely a statement of fact.  Or are you as grammatically challenged (and humourless) as you appear to be?

I must have misjudged this as it didn't seem like any humour I've ever come across. Bit weird and an attempt at insulting Northerners, nevertheless I'll put your lack of worldly experience down to your inability to put down the blow up girlfriend, close the laptop and leave the house .

Don't clutch at straws by pointing out an issue with which sentence I referred, you sound a tit, again.

Neil D

Scrumpy

Quote from: Northern Cottager on October 31, 2014, 11:46:05 AM
Quote from: Neil D on October 31, 2014, 11:01:19 AM

I must have misjudged this as it didn't seem like any humour I've ever come across. Bit weird and an attempt at insulting Northerners, nevertheless I'll put your lack of worldly experience down to your inability to put down the blow up girlfriend, close the laptop and leave the house .

Don't clutch at straws by pointing out an issue with which sentence I referred, you sound a tit, again.

I'm no moderator, but this is all so unnecessary. What I would say is, on my recent trip to Rotherham, I had great banter with the locals and was made to feel really welcome. And what pleased me above all else, was that the away end had a sizeable minority of Fulham fans with broad Yorkshire accents, a couple from the North East, someone from Manchester etc. I just find it great that people living miles from London support OUR Club despite it being so far away. Presumably, this is passed on from their parents, or from a one-off visit to Craven Cottage, or from seeing us on TV. Whatever the reason, they are all very welcome on a cold Tuesday night in Rotherham! (or a Saturday in Wigan).
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

CorkCity

I like Wigan, the pubs are friendly you don't get ripped off price wise. For a small town who have a top Rugby League club and for many years a prem football team they should be admired, especially with the big Manchester Clubs up the road.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

HillingdonFFC

Love going up North , people generally sound and at least you can still find a decent boozer not like the ponced up gastro bollox we have down here.
Wigan is a great away day.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on October 31, 2014, 01:43:07 PM
Love going up North , people generally sound and at least you can still find a decent boozer not like the ponced up gastro bollox we have down here.
Wigan is a great away day.

The boozer underneath the ground for away fans is great.