more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hmm... it's gonna be a long summer

Started by LRCN, July 01, 2010, 03:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRCN

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/agent-confirms-big-club-interest-dempsey

AMSTERDAM - Fulham attacker Clint Dempsey is receiving more than passing interest from a host of name clubs in Europe, MLSsoccer.com has learned.

Fresh from a strong showing at the World Cup, the Texas native was linked with a bid from Napoli in Italian paper Il Mattino on Monday.

His agent says there are no tabled offers at this time, but he admitted that Napoli are among the clubs crowding around Dempsey.

"We don't have an offer from Napoli," Lyle Yorks told MLSsoccer.com. "There is a lot of interest from big clubs in Europe in Clint. And now you've got Roy Hodgson leaving for Liverpool tomorrow, if that's confirmed, so there's a lot of different things going on."

Yorks revealed that Dempsey has at least one admirer in each of the five top leagues—England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain—and that these clubs coming in all have European soccer on the docket this coming season.

"We've got in Italy a major club and in France a major club," he stated. "And in the Bundesliga a club."

Yorks does not expect the situation to be resolved quickly, what with the market movement delay in a World Cup summer and the uncertainty surrounding the Cottagers.

"We'll be sorting through them in the coming weeks and also seeing what happens at Fulham," he said. "There's direct contact and discussions, but first they'd have to agree with Fulham."

BarryP

I agree.  A long summer in an off season shortened by the World Cup.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Steve_orino

I hope the English don't think they'll be getting rid of us Yanks any time soon just b/c Dempsey might go...
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Jimbobob

Quote from: Steve_orino on July 01, 2010, 05:09:17 AM
I hope the English don't think they'll be getting rid of us Yanks any time soon just b/c Dempsey might go...

Steve_orino: and that' the facts jack............ :beer: :dft012: :dft011:
The Sun has half the team already signed at Liverpool.....bull crap...plus a posting that Roy is a third rate manager....please....... :59:
FF-FF
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

beijing ben

He'll go to Spain if anywhere. I think he speaks Spanish. And their style of football will suit him

Logicalman

.. and there we all were, just getting the celebratory ESB out (Bud light is off the menu) ... LOL  - just kidding lads.

Steve_orino

Quote from: Logicalman on July 01, 2010, 10:22:10 AM

.. and there we all were, just getting the celebratory ESB out (Bud light is off the menu) ... LOL  - just kidding lads.

Ya, Logical, my comment is better suited for the offal than here.  For some reason you guys tolerate us better on here  :beer: :047: :beer:
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09