do you think weed should be legalized ?

yes
16 (64%)
no
9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 24

irishfulham

answers and thoughts?

LM - Updated Title to avoid further confusion to us Golden Oldies!!

Rupert

Yes, I think all drugs should be legalised, not just dope (it's called that for a reason, you know) or weed, appropriate warnings given about how quickly they can kill you or turn you into a zombie, then be taxed to pay the extra bills the NHS will have to face when dealing with the inevitable rise in overdoses/abuse.
We lost the war on drugs decades ago, time to admit it. People will keep on taking drugs, will keep on dying, the rash of "Legal High" deaths simply confirms this. They will not learn, so face up to reality.
Tobacco is very addictive, but still legal. I have never felt the need to fill my lungs with smoke, many others have and do, and many of them die of cancer or other related illnesses. Others are lucky and smoke like chimneys until they pop their clogs at 96 years of age.
Alcohol is legal, I do choose to indulge, I limit my intake to a few units per week, and I hope I will not suffer ill-health as a result, but if I do then I won't complain about it. I will have had my fun. Othes are unable or unwilling to limit themselves, get cirrhosis of the liver and have a painful death. We make our own choices, so enough of the nanny-state trying to protect us from our own stupidity, as the state is clearly unable or unwilling to impose tough enough sentences to deter people.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

I spend my life battling the weeds in the garden. Big thorny thorns and thin spindly grasses grow in places they shouldn't. Fed up with it all. Like people I wish there was a way we could get rid of them all with one press of a button.

Off to sniff tipex.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

All I can see is the title NFR and what do you think. I am confused as to what NFR, especially as Rupert then goes on a rant about drugs. Am I in an alternative universe or is Tapatalk playing up on my Smartphone!!!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Berserker on November 06, 2014, 04:16:55 PM
All I can see is the title NFR and what do you think. I am confused as to what NFR, especially as Rupert then goes on a rant about drugs. Am I in an alternative universe or is Tapatalk playing up on my Smartphone!!!

There is a poll that asks should weed be legalised that accompanies the thread. As somebody who lives in an alternate reality I can understand none of this tapatalk of which you speak.

Airfix

Is this what we have come to now?

:doh:

Rupert

"Rant" is a bit strong, I prefer "diatribe", thank you very much.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Rupert on November 06, 2014, 04:58:57 PM

"Rant" is a bit strong, I prefer "diatribe", thank you very much.

Cant take the strong stuff? Nothing like a bit of Rant to get the juices flowing. Sadly another side effect of over indulgence in Rant, loss of control over juices. Diatribe is never going to wean the hard talking Ranters onto something more acceptable. One day we will get Rant for medicinal purposes on the NHS. 

Holders

Not only weed but should pond sludge be legalised?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Wingnut

Nope, seen far too many people start off on weed and end up on harder drugs.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

epsomraver

Quote from: irishfulham on November 06, 2014, 03:30:37 PM
answers and thoughts?

Beats your posts about your dopey mates and taunting footballers when they are away from the game fp.gif

dannyboi-ffc

I don't really have an opinion on it so I won't vote. As a teenager I was very strong minded and not a sucker to peer pressure.  Most  of my mates did it and half are still hooked, unemployed, single and what I call losers.  Most are no longer my mates because from a young age I chose to grow up.

One of my closest friends and my daughters god father ended up in the maudsley mental hospital twice because the paranoia sent him crazy.

I don't know if making it legal will help like it does in Holland but you open a can of worms if you sanction it. Then it will be another type of drug and so on. Things like this never end because people always want more.

As long as my children don't get pressured into trying it that's all that bothers me. Legal or not, it doesn't effect me because I can't stand the smell or the thought of it. Me and the Mrs tried a few brownies in Amsterdam just to try it and I went crazy. I thought I was flying, then I could see a monkey in the corner of our hotel room playing bongo drums and I was convinced I was dying from a heart attack, it turns out I was having a panic attack and then spent the rest of the night with my head under the shower.

They say don't knock something until you try it....... well trying turned me into Peter pan seeing a musically gifted monkey and a potential cardiac a rest. I've never gone near it since and I'm convinced there was something else in that brownie or I was eating too many forgetting they weren't just food, I was peckish at the time.   Maybe I'll vote to keeping them illegal.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Berserker

I never took illegal drugs when I was a teenager as I used to visit my mum when she was in a  institution and there was a LSD addict there that I used to talk to. It was a very sad case as his mum and dad, plus dog, used to visit and he was a lovely lad. He used to talk to me of some of the thoughts and flash backs he had and it was horrible, and as I was only 15/16 yrs old it frightened me to death and frightened me out of ever taking drugs. He never really got better I used to see him hanging around the twon centre in later years as a hobo, haven't seen him lately so maybe he has passed away. very sad situation and outcome. 

Hard drugs definitely shouldn't be legalised, eg Herion, Cocain, LSD. for the reason I've described above.
Not sure about Marajuanna, I think that is down to the individual to choose, I've never taken any drugs as don't even like prescription drugs that much, but I've known alot of people that have,  as Rupert said it no worse than drinking really, also I believe Marajuanna can help people that bear terminal pain.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Logicalman

Ah, been there, done that and it never affected me .. in fact ....

Er, what was the question again?

Ah yes, Should Weed be legalized? Well perhaps only Bill & Ben & Slowcoach are in a true position to answer that for you, or the old man who worked in the garden of course, though I never managed to see him, just his shadow I believe .. ZZZzzzzzzzz
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: Berserker on November 06, 2014, 07:03:21 PM
I never took illegal drugs when I was a teenager as I used to visit my mum when she was in a  institution and there was a LSD addict there that I used to talk to. It was a very sad case as his mum and dad, plus dog, used to visit and he was a lovely lad. He used to talk to me of some of the thoughts and flash backs he had and it was horrible, and as I was only 15/16 yrs old it frightened me to death and frightened me out of ever taking drugs. He never really got better I used to see him hanging around the twon centre in later years as a hobo, haven't seen him lately so maybe he has passed away. very sad situation and outcome. 

Hard drugs definitely shouldn't be legalised, eg Herion, Cocain, LSD. for the reason I've described above.
Not sure about Marajuanna, I think that is down to the individual to choose, I've never taken any drugs as don't even like prescription drugs that much, but I've known alot of people that have,  as Rupert said it no worse than drinking really, also I believe Marajuanna can help people that bear terminal pain.

I didn't think the pain of watching The Terminal was that bad Mrs. B, Hanks gave a reasonable performance, given that it was in a different City, airport and really wasn't much like the story it was based on.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

irishfulham

there are alot of points for and against it. i think the point someone made about it being a gateway drug for harder drugs is a good point but if it was legalized then would people still see it as a gateway drug? also as a smoker myself i dont think it puts people in danger only from smoking the tobacco so i think it should be legalized and taxed heavily i.e making a positive out of a negative because even though it is illegal its so easy to get so government should just make a profit out of it

Jem

Quote from: epsomraver on November 06, 2014, 06:13:18 PM
Quote from: irishfulham on November 06, 2014, 03:30:37 PM
answers and thoughts?

Beats your posts about your dopey mates and taunting footballers when they are away from the game fp.gif
Sums it up perfectly!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

shnlwswlkr

If alcohol is legal, Weed should be too. Alcohol itself kills more people, there are more deaths related to alcohol in some form; violence, road accidents etc... I can't quite get my head around why it's not already legal when Alcohol is.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Berserker

I thought it was legal to smoke it but not have more in your possession than you could use yourself

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Jack Fulham

There is a market for weed whether it is legal or not. Its better to legalise it making it safer and then the government are able to tax it. Plus, it would remove an element of the gateway as most people buy their weed off someone who is likely to offer them harder drugs where as this wouldn't occur in stores.

I think the state of Colorado made $20 Million dollars in taxes the in the first day they legalised weed. Like everything it is fine in moderation, obviously if you smoke every day, it will effect your health much like drinking alcohol or binge eating would have a detrimental effect on your body. I don't it would increase weed smoking much because if you want to smoke weed now, it is pretty much readily available.