more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

GOOD LUCK ROY

Started by Burt, July 01, 2010, 10:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

You saved us from oblivion.

You took us to places we could only dream of previously.

You gave us belief.

You behaved with dignity.

Thanks for all the memories you leave behind, and (gritted teeth) best of luck with that lot up there.

:sir_roy:

Serotonin

Quote from: Burt on July 01, 2010, 10:41:59 AM
You saved us from oblivion.

You took us to places we could only dream of previously.

You gave us belief.

You behaved with dignity.

Thanks for all the memories you leave behind, and (gritted teeth) best of luck with that lot up there.

:sir_roy:

What he said  :045:

WhiteJC

I hope he has two nightmare games, one on Dec 18th and the other on May 7th

finnster01

And you left us hanging in the dark by not making a decision until Capello decided that he will at least try to stick with his job.
We will be losing several of our key players.
We are now unable to sign anyone but Teddy Sheringham, Gordon Banks and Alan Mullery.
Back to relegation battle, which is exactly where we were when you came.
You leave us in the same sorry state as when you came.

I will not wish you good luck at all, because you may have been the best manager we ever had but you walked out on us in the worst possible time. Roy you are selfish, which explains why you never stay at any job, but always go for the next highest bidder. So much for being honest and just let everyone know what your real intentions are.

I used to respect you Roy, now I don't. You left the club in a hole, and for that I will never forgive you.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on July 01, 2010, 10:50:28 AM
And you left us hanging in the dark by not making a decision until Capello decided that he will at least try to stick with his job.
We are now unable to sign anyone but Teddy Sheringham, Gordon Banks and Alan Mullery.

I will not wish you good luck at all, because you may have been the best manager we ever had but you walked out on us in the worst possible time. Roy you are selfish, which explains why you never stay at any job, but always go for the next highest bidder. So much for being honest and just let everyone know what your real intentions are.

I used to respect you Roy, now I don't. You left the club in a hole, and for that I will never forgive you.

Are you serious? Really? This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. The man worked wonders for Fulham and you can't even muster up  a thankyou?

finnster01

I stand by every word.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Hazey

I'm not sure how I feel...it's kinda like when you were a kid at the underage disco, kissing a bird on the dance floor then she leaves with your best mate.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

mrska

I will always be in dept to Roy for what he did for our club. He saved us and took us places id never dreamed of going. Thank you Roy x

I think he's made a massive mistake..  but i wish him well.

TonyGilroy

I agree with that.

fulhamguy

What an utterly ridiculous thing to say. Roy got us to a European final. a EUROPEAN FINAL! He got us to 7th in the Premier League. The 7th best team in the country. This is stuff we could only have dreamed of a few years ago. And what's more he's done it with no money and proved he's a great manager. He has his flaws. But he has put this club on the map the way nobody else could have done.

Roy hasn't left us in the lurch. If you believe that the club haven't known Roy was going to Liverpool the day his contract expired then you are surely mistaken. The club will have known the whole time and he has given us adequate time to draw up a list for replacements. The season isn't over yet with the World Cup going on.

I'm sad he's gone, but can you blame him? Liverpool are a club steeped in history with a massive fan base and there is no way he could ever top what he has achieved with us these last two years. There is no way we could compete with the top 6 in this country so he really has taken us as far as we can go.

Like I say, i'm sad he's gone but I'm actually really excited for what the future brings. Some new players, a new style of football. A manager who might get us winning away from home. Just not Curbs or Sven please!
COYW!

clintclintdeuce

Im more of the opinion of Finn here. I hope Liverpool go down and hes out by December 2nd. I just hope we continue to play sexy football, and dont become route one garbage Pulis style.
The Dude abides.

os5889

For once I must strongly disagree with mr Finn but respect his vviewpoint, plus one from me to the sentiments of burt, it hurts but thanks mr hodgson for the best of times

Fuggles

Thank you Roy. I had me some good times this season and last.   :047:

FatFreddysCat

Must admit I'm sort of feeling the same as Finny now. If he was going he should have gone much earlier.

Crede15

Maybe he should have made a quicker decision but I still appreciate the things that he did for Fulham and wish him good luck.

blingo

Thanks for your time and achievements at FFC......DEFINITELY YES.

Good Luck with Liverpool.....NEVER.

Burt

Bottom line for me is he has left in a dignified way, no contractual rubbish, and he is going on to a bigger opportunity (not the Bullard version - Liverpool genuinely are a bigger club, with a great heritage).

Not sure he could have made the decision any quicker given the situation with England also bubbling around.

So fair play to him. He kept it quiet and didn't play this out via the media, or through his agent, etc. etc.

I for one will applaud him when he comes back to the Cottage, and remember last season in particular for all the highs.

Tom

Good luck Roy and thank you for everything! You are a class act my friend!!!  :54:
Fulham for life!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I feel a little cheated to be honest,first club that came knocking he jumped at it,a club with a lot of fans,no money, no new stadium,in need of a new owner,so they won some cups a while a go,so did Notts Forest-thats not doing them a whole lot of good now is it,so did Leeds,so did Derby,just because they have "history" it doesn't make them more valid as a club,Roy was loved here,respected here and he's passed that up for what? a few pieces of sliver and a bigger reputation??

SuffolkWhite

I respect everyone's opinion on here and can see that none of us wanted him to leave. I wish him well personally but not the club he is going to. Roy's record for us has been good bar the away results and he has got the players thinking Team spirit and not selfish prim a dona's. I liked the way he did things and believe the club knew long ago that he was on his way.

NEXT FULHAM MANAGER PLEASE STEP UP, THE KING IS DEAD LONG LIVE THE KING!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"