more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

GOOD LUCK ROY

Started by Burt, July 01, 2010, 10:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalffc

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on July 01, 2010, 07:46:15 PM
I respect everyone's opinion on here and can see that none of us wanted him to leave. I wish him well personally but not the club he is going to. Roy's record for us has been good bar the away results and he has got the players thinking Team spirit and not selfish prim a dona's. I liked the way he did things and believe the club knew long ago that he was on his way.

NEXT FULHAM MANAGER PLEASE STEP UP, THE KING IS DEAD LONG LIVE THE KING!
Hear Hear, Thank you for my day in Hamburg Roy COYW
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Kiwi Fulham Fan

Thanks for the memories Roy, a true gentleman

Motown

I appreciate what Hodgson did up to the Europa Cup Final. Thanks for that, and the seventh-placed finish in a season when we could so easily have been playing in the championship.

But let's be objective. Make of it what you will, but Hodgson's managerial record is hardly big league. It's solid and shows a deal of success in some unlikely places - but gold-plated it certainly ain't.  His previous foray in the Premiership with Blackburn ended in tears - on both sides - so it could be argued that we gave him the chance to establish some sort of credential here.

He took the chance big time on a well-paid contract. FFC fans in turn received an experience the likes that die-hards never expected to see this side of the veil.

So I have no hesitation in thanking him for that.

But thank him for the shenanigans that have ensued since Europa? He knew he was going from the get-go. But it's been dragged out to an unacceptable degree while he's guarded his options viz England.

So here we are, facing the new season with Lewington at the helm (asprins, Shady?).

So thanks, Roy.

But I wish you no more luck than you presumably wish us. :dft003:

Dugliss

Quote from: mrska on July 01, 2010, 11:17:28 AM
I will always be in dept to Roy for what he did for our club. He saved us and took us places id never dreamed of going. Thank you Roy x

I think he's made a massive mistake..  but i wish him well.

I think this sums up perfectly how I feel

scotty

From the great escape to the Europa league final, I have to say thanks. Time to move and focus on our future, COYW!

Fernhurst

One of the most difficult days on the message board..... you can almost touch the unrest Roy's decision has left us with.
Just watching his sure touch and dignified presence at his first press conference has not helped my personal feeling of regret.

Must admit feel a little disappointed with some posts today, especially two mammoths of board in Corked Hat and Finnster a little more grace could have touched their last goodbyes.

CH did start his post "It would be churlish to start criticising Roy Hodgson now" but the rest of the text did feel churlish.
Finster meanwhile is particularly upset with Roy's behaviour over the past week or so which I find inexplicable.   

My own feelings are more akin to posters who have wished him well with no malice aforethought.

There are heaps on this board that are FTID, and will welcome the new manager when the time comes, but today is a time see off one who will always be considered with respect and some awe considering where he took us to..

I have stood and wondered at my team in the pouring rain beating Ipswich 10-1.
Hopelessly adored Johnny Haynes – my hero
Despaired at non league Yeovil losing in the cup
Left breathless by some of the football played by Malcolm Macdonald's and Jean Tigana's team.
Despaired at non league Yeovil losing in the cup.

BUT

Anyone who attended the Juventus game and experienced those overwhelming feelings of pure joy can do nothing but wish this particular manager farewell and the very best of luck.

Roy gave us something special, after eons without it –

Respect of the football world

Thanks Roy, hope we beat you by 6 when we meet.

Lighthouse

I have just heard the Murphy radio interview on Talk Wart and also watched the press conference on Sky Web Site. Roy makes a point as does the Chairman of Liverspew on thanking Fulham and Roy saying that he hopes the Chairman of Fulham will someday forgive him.

That is my view as well. You did a great job Roy. But you have left us with many problems and you clearly fancy a go at the big time. I hope you fall flat on your face and Liverpool with you. You did a great job while you were here and we have thanked you enough.

I don't wish you any luck at all when you ask Gerrard and other players to stick with Liverspew. You will not be able to use the loyalty card there will you. So thanks but it will take time to forgive you.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LRCN

so gutted he's gone and I wish him the best of luck, in his two and a half years he's acted with dignity and respect and given us the best 2 seasons of our lives so let's not turn him to zero from hero overnight eh? you can't blame the speed of appointment on roy, considering liverpool interviewed other candidates and had to negotiate contracts and compensation packages, not to mention roy said that he wanted to go as soon as he heard of their interest (big difference between that and not wanting to stay at fulham though), nor can you blame anyone for not saying anything, any comment that any party says makes the situation complicated and roy's position untenable one way or another. and to say that he's left the club in as bad a state as he came here is a joke, i dunno how you can come to that conclusion considering the improvements in our players, coaching, youth set up and reputation. we are in the best position we have ever been in to appoint a new manager, and to be in a position where some fans can say 'sven goran eriksson isn't good enough for us' is proof of that.
Obviously there have been some complications considering roy resigned instead of left mutually and that he had a dodgy phone call with al fayed, but he should leave with the good wishes of all fulham fans, and those that say he's a slimey old codger (or words to that effect...) sound pathetic to be quite honest.

YankeeJim

I'm sorry to see him go and I wish him luck 36 times next season. In the 4 year cycles that is football & with the England job apparently not available, Roy is likely on his last. I hate to say it but Demps is 27 and will never be worth more then he is at the moment. With Roy gone, I'd expect Dempsey to take the big payday. Please Clint, not to the floppers league. Those snobs won't give him a fair shot. If he followed Roy how would we greet the two of them when they come to the cathedral?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.