News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will there be a mass exodus from Craven Cottage?

Started by clintclintdeuce, July 01, 2010, 12:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clintclintdeuce

I am of the opinion that the likes of Dempsey, Duff, Hangeland, Schwartzer, and Zamora will not be with us at Bolton in August. I hope im just being negative this morning, but I struggule to see these players staying.
The Dude abides.

LBNo11

..depends on the manager we appoint, Curbishley and we will lose 90% of our current squad. If Hughes or a 'name' comes in it will be interesting to see the players reactions.

Hangeland is as good as gone, Black Mark also, and I suspected that the WC would put Dempsey in the shop window so I had already resigned myself to losing him

Whoever takes over looking at the average squad age may well want to bring in his own players, knowing that in the current squads eyes it would be a hard act to follow, perhaps a nucleus of Blair and hopefully Hughes and Pants.

A very new beginning whatever happens, and even if we head back downwards again - at least we may win away...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

FC Silver Fox

The Scousers have started the rape and pillage of Fulham. The frenzied attacks will go on for another month or so.  :002:
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

The players under contract will stay until we get a good price for them, end of...

BarryP

CCD, my biggest concern over Roy's potential, now confirmed departure, has been over the players Fulham could lose after Roy's resignation.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

beijing ben

I'm not sure about Duff but the rest i agree with along with Koncheskey

RidgeRider

Wouldn't MAF/Alistair have negotiated a "hands off" on our players under contract? Wouldn't doubt that Hangeland's transfer fee would have been negotiated as well.

Crede15

I think Hangeland and Schwarz were gone either way. If that's it I think we can replace them and as long as we bring in a competent manager we should still be a mid table side.

The Dempsey article on the second page is worrisome though because it sounds like his agent is actively shopping him. Its debatable really how great a World Cup he had (he was good against Ghana) but his names out there anyways because of his scoring record and some of the goals he's scored.

If its Curbishley then Konchesky's pretty much certainly gone I would think.

tingtawng

there will be when they play C H E L S E A and get thrashed again ,by about 10 goals  :035:
IN SVEN VE TVUST

beijing ben

Quote from: Crede15 on July 01, 2010, 03:26:20 PM
I think Hangeland and Schwarz were gone either way. If that's it I think we can replace them and as long as we bring in a competent manager we should still be a mid table side.

The Dempsey article on the second page is worrisome though because it sounds like his agent is actively shopping him. Its debatable really how great a World Cup he had (he was good against Ghana) but his names out there anyways because of his scoring record and some of the goals he's scored.

If its Curbishley then Konchesky's pretty much certainly gone I would think.

I think Senderos was brought in because Hangeland is likely to leave. I think that's okay as long as we get a decent amount for Brede, anything less than ten million would be ridiculous. As long as we keep Hughes then i think Senderos is okay to replace him, especially for free.

It will be more difficult to replace Murphy if he goes to Liverpool, which i think he definitely will if he has the chance

Dempsey will be a huge loss. I think he was the stand out player for America along with Donovan. Every time he got the ball he looked dangerous and capable of doing something. He also showed that he doesn't pull out of challenges. He was a real handful. All of these things at the World Cup. Without Roy, I can't believe he will stay unless the new manager is really high profile. He's on a long contract which is good for us money wise

As for Schwarzer.... Jesus, this is depressing... i'm going to stop.

Good luck to the new manager...

Peabody

Roy has stated at his press conference that he will not be raiding Fulham

beijing ben

Quote from: Peabody on July 01, 2010, 05:39:24 PM

He may not but others will be rubbing their hands...

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: beijing ben on July 01, 2010, 05:46:20 PM
Quote from: Peabody on July 01, 2010, 05:39:24 PM

He may not but others will be rubbing their hands...

This is Fulham, not ManU(re).  Many of Fulham's players maximized their value by fitting into Roy's system.  Obviously there are some high quality players, not an abundance, so a wholesale raid of the team would be a surprise to me.  A desire of some to leave, however, may not be shocking depending on who replaces old Roy.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Jimbobob

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on July 01, 2010, 12:43:49 PM
The players under contract will stay until we get a good price for them, end of...
:023: :023: :023:
Please explain because I am very ignorant and admit my ignorance about these contracts.
In the professional leagues in the states it is hard to just "get out" of a contract. In international football it seems a contract means nothing??? I just don't understand the way they get around these issues. Demps is under contract (for example) but it seems he can go anywhere he wants?
Please help explain this. Thanks to all who can help me with this. Much appreciated. :54: :54: :54:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Jimbobob18 on July 01, 2010, 07:29:20 PM
Please explain because I am very ignorant and admit my ignorance about these contracts.
In the professional leagues in the states it is hard to just "get out" of a contract. In international football it seems a contract means nothing??? I just don't understand the way they get around these issues. Demps is under contract (for example) but it seems he can go anywhere he wants?
Please help explain this. Thanks to all who can help me with this. Much appreciated. :54: :54: :54:

As we own his registration he cannot play for another team unless we pass this registration on.  he cannot move to another club without our permission.  We won't let a player go unless we are happy that we have the best deal available to FFC.  Players can attempt to force their way out by playing badly, sulking and having a negative imfluence on the dressing room until FFC decide enough is enough and agree to sell them.  This is what happened for Saha's sale to Man Utd.  BUT if we let them sulk and don't release their registration they are going nowhere.  That doesn't make finacial sense, so usually a deal is made.

leonffc

I think Senderos was brought in because Hangeland is likely to leave.  :041: Cart horse at best!!

It will be more difficult to replace Murphy if he goes to Liverpool, which i think he definitely will if he has the chance   :032:What would Murph do at Liverpool. Probably not good enough to play for them anymore, and he's only half way through his first coaching badge

Jimbobob

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on July 01, 2010, 07:39:52 PM
Quote from: Jimbobob18 on July 01, 2010, 07:29:20 PM

As we own his registration he cannot play for another team unless we pass this registration on.  he cannot move to another club without our permission.  We won't let a player go unless we are happy that we have the best deal available to FFC.  Players can attempt to force their way out by playing badly, sulking and having a negative imfluence on the dressing room until FFC decide enough is enough and agree to sell them.  This is what happened for Saha's sale to Man Utd.  BUT if we let them sulk and don't release their registration they are going nowhere.  That doesn't make finacial sense, so usually a deal is made.

Thanks so much. I guess what I don't understand is it seems so easy for players to move if the team is relegated or a new manager comes in. Our pro sports here have contracts that seem less flexible than the football contracts are. And we don't have the "loan" option that is so prevelant..you have to make a "trade" that is controlled by rules of the leagure and the players union or the player is a free agent and then goes to where he can get the best deal. Thanks a lot.
I just hope we get a good manager so we are not fighting relegation after this damn Roy business. I am really more biiter than I like to admit......the boys play their hearts out 60 plus matches and it is Audios ............I am off to Liverpool!!!!!! :dft007: :dft007: :dft007: :dft007:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Kiwi Fulham Fan

we definately need a named manager to keep our stars and mayby bring in 1 or 2 more through the new managers contacts

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Kiwi Fulham Fan on July 01, 2010, 08:29:24 PM
we definately need a named manager to keep our stars and mayby bring in 1 or 2 more through the new managers contacts

We need at least 1 or 2 new faces mate. This is the situation:

Nevland, Okaka, Shorey, Smalling, Adranik, Kallio have all left us.

Kamara, Hangeland, Dempsey, Zamora are all highly likely to leave as well.

That leaves us incredibly short on numbers. We need to sign at least two more forwards and a new young centre midfielder, as well as a back up CB for Hangeland and Senderos