News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will there be a mass exodus from Craven Cottage?

Started by clintclintdeuce, July 01, 2010, 12:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beijing ben

Quote from: leonffc on July 01, 2010, 07:41:52 PM
I think Senderos was brought in because Hangeland is likely to leave.  :041: Cart horse at best!!

It will be more difficult to replace Murphy if he goes to Liverpool, which i think he definitely will if he has the chance   :032:What would Murph do at Liverpool. Probably not good enough to play for them anymore, and he's only half way through his first coaching badge

Hangeland is undoubtedly a better player but i think Senderos will do a similar role in that he will go for everything in the air and Hughes will be there behind him to clear anything if he misses.

Murphy will go to Liverpool if they ask him even if he is only going to play in cup competitions and basically be a squad player, because of his love for Liverpool. It would be similar to Lee Clark going back to Newcastle

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: Jimbobob18 on July 01, 2010, 07:29:20 PM
[Please explain because I am very ignorant and admit my ignorance about these contracts.
In the professional leagues in the states it is hard to just "get out" of a contract. In international football it seems a contract means nothing??? I just don't understand the way they get around these issues. Demps is under contract (for example) but it seems he can go anywhere he wants?
Please help explain this. Thanks to all who can help me with this. Much appreciated. :54: :54: :54:

I'm fairly uninformed myself, but I think a player can hand in a transfer request no matter what the status of his contract and for all intents and purposes, the club has to find a buyer.  That assumes the player's agent doesn't already have a team already lined up.  I think another thing that is different than in the US is that agents can talk to other teams on behalf of the player and it is not considered tampering.  That's why you hear so many rumors about where players will wind up.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III