more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

USA v Ireland

Started by YankeeJim, November 18, 2014, 11:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

A few random thoughts:

Klinsman's teams always seem to get burnt on the counter.
The search for the US Nats replacement for McBride goes on. Jozy an't it.
Timmy & Guzman have nothing to fear from Bill Hamid.
Cameron is not a central defender.
Chandler is not anyone's answer at left back.
I got beat up on another thread for knocking Wondo. I hope those folks watched the match today. Slow, poor first touch and very lightweight.
The new players seem to be of less ability of previous cycles.
Despite his poor WC, this team will go only so far as Michael Bradley takes it.

I thought I was watching Fulham of last year. Constant back passes. No connection between the back four and the front line; giving up late goals; and no fullbacks. Fabian had a poor night and Chandler is a walking explanation of "getting caught out".

The team plays too high a line for center backs that don't have any pace. Klinsman wants the team to play like Barcelona and never mind that we don't have the playing talent. The US needs to play to its strengths which are organization, effort & fitness. None of which we showed today.

I got off Klinsman's back in the run up to the WC. I thought he had turned the team around. Thankfully, Portugal phoned it in and Ronaldo was playing at 75% capacity. those are the two reasons the US got out of group.

With any luck, the British newspapers will drive Roy out of his job and he can take over for Klinsman. I am officially a Klinsman hater again.   :016:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

love4ffc

I heard that Klinsman has used 50 players in games so far this year.  I also heard that we have given up 10 goals in the 80th plus minute of games this year. 

That to me sounds like another certain crazy German we use to have at FFC. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

love4ffc

Oh I forgot how embracing to get beaten spanked by the number 2 Ireland team.  I know this wasn't our number 1 team either.  And I know this was just a friendly but still. 

Koodoos to Ireland on how they played.  Wish the USA played like that. 

YankeeJim

Yes, it does seem similar. At least our German isn't so ugly he scares babies.

YankeeJim

Quote from: love4ffc on November 19, 2014, 04:46:12 PM
Oh I forgot how embracing to get beaten spanked by the number 2 Ireland team.  I know this wasn't our number 1 team either.  And I know this was just a friendly but still. 

That's just it. Ireland played like the US use to. Teamwork, effort and the all important counter. That first Irish goal was a well taken, thing of beauty. I bet they worked on that in practice. When the striker blows by your center backs near midfield, you know you are in trouble.

love4ffc

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 19, 2014, 04:50:36 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on November 19, 2014, 04:46:12 PM

That's just it. Ireland played like the US use to. Teamwork, effort and the all important counter. That first Irish goal was a well taken, thing of beauty. I bet they worked on that in practice. When the striker blows by your center backs near midfield, you know you are in trouble.

If Ireland were able to qualify in the CONCACAF they would be going to the WC and we would be staying home. 

YankeeJim

Given that at the moment we are no better than third in CONCACAF behind CR & the mexicants and that Honduras and Panama are  getting better, we might not qualify.

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.