watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roy's Assurance

Started by Peabody, July 01, 2010, 02:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Well it5 appears that Roy has given an assurance to Fulham, that he will not be raiding us for our players. Made some small reference to FFC but not a lot. He was obviously delighted to be at Liverpool and I suppose, quite rightly, that is now his main consideration.

blingo

Meanwhile back at Fulham FC.................

JBH

fulhamguy

Think you should check your Avatar JBH ;-)
COYW!

Tom

Thank you Roy for being a class act!
Fulham for life!

Lighthouse

I read on another MB that he had said he had met Big AL yesterday and it didn't go well. Is that true?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JBH

Quote from: fulhamaustin on July 01, 2010, 03:36:51 PM
Think you should check your Avatar JBH ;-)

Cheers must sort that imeadiately.

Sorted

Peabody

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 01, 2010, 03:43:01 PM
I read on another MB that he had said he had met Big AL yesterday and it didn't go well. Is that true?

Roy said in the press conference that he met with The Chairman and it was not nice. Would love to hear MAF's view on it.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Peabody on July 01, 2010, 04:15:25 PM

Roy said in the press conference that he met with The Chairman and it was not nice. Would love to hear MAF's view on it.

My faith in Big Al continues at least.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

he mentioned on SSN that he a a phone call with MAF and it didn't go well,he must have felt let down,funny that,so do I

Fernhurst

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on July 01, 2010, 04:25:47 PM
he mentioned on SSN that he a a phone call with MAF and it didn't go well,he must have felt let down,funny that,so do I

That's right Sid a difficult phone call he described it as - I bet he had the phone at arms length... It's all supposition but if he had led Uncle Mo to believe he was still making up his mind ..... hope his wife couldn't hear the expletives.

I had to admit for a first press conference in that particular pressure cooker he handled it expertly and left me feeling so sore we will not benefit from his wise counsel anymore.

mattiesafer

His exact words were: "I certainly don't want to go in and raid Fulham Football Club because that wouldn't be the correct thing to do" (emphasis added).

It is worth taking a moment to be grateful and appreciate that he is not Harry Redknapp and has not saddled us with an unmanageable wage bill and is not going to nick all our best players. 

As of yet, none of the essential players have moved on, we still have the core of a team that made it to the Europa League final and almost won it!  I feel like I have to keep looking forward, and assume things are going to work for the best.  Roy's appointment came out of the woods on the heels of a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE manager and look what happened!  Those were dark days, relegation seemed certain, and yet look how things turned out! 

So as bad as things may seem, they certainly could be worse.  But it's important to remember that this could be a great thing!  That's how I'm gonna thinking about it.  Dreaming of failure and ruin ain't a way to succeed in life.

Thanks Roy.  Good luck moving forward.

Rupert

It is also worth considering that the Liverpool fans would probably not be too impressed if Roy sold Torres and Gerrard and brought in Brede and Clint. While most of us care not a jot what the Scousers think, Roy now has to.
He must turn his sights to much more expensive targets.

Shame he has little money to lure them....
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Logicalman

Quote from: Rupert on July 01, 2010, 10:58:04 PM
It is also worth considering that the Liverpool fans would probably not be too impressed if Roy sold Torres and Gerrard and brought in Brede and Clint. While most of us care not a jot what the Scousers think, Roy now has to.
He must turn his sights to much more expensive targets.

Shame he has little money to lure them....

.. and Liverpool has a lot less allure as a club these days as well, together with the still-smelling turmoil. Not the easiest of jobs for RH to step into, and the kop will be a lot less forgiving  than thr hammy end in the season to come.

Vinnieffc

Compared to what Roy walked into when he joined us, the Scouser job will be relatively easy !!

DarkRoom

My only fear is that this will put Al off Fulham. Too much hassle.

epsomraver

That's what he has a CEO for.