watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lost to a much better team

Started by fulhamben, November 21, 2014, 09:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Can't argue with the result, our midfield and defence is very poor. I'm expecting lots of transfers in January as kit obviously doesn't like our squad, hence he never changes things when we are under the cosh. We are miles off challenging for the play offs.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SouthWest6

Quote from: fulhamben on November 21, 2014, 09:42:41 PM
Can't argue with the result, our midfield and defence is very poor. I'm expecting lots of transfers in January as kit obviously doesn't like our squad, hence he never changes things when we are under the cosh. We are miles off challenging for the play offs.

Lost to the better side on the night, but Brentford aren't great, not in a million years, mid table side at best. They won't be there come May, just a shame once again we can't defend for 90 minutes and have made the opposition look a million dollars in the process. As per usual, and being typically Fulham, it had to be Brentford and we've mugged ourselves off. Slightly peed off right now is an understatement.   

fulhamben

Quote from: SouthWest6 on November 21, 2014, 09:57:37 PM
Not just brentford, we have one point from the 3 teams that came up. And fail to beat teams below us. We are just a poor team with a couple of decent championship strikers
Lost to the better side on the night, but Brentford aren't great, not in a million years, mid table side at best. They won't be there come May, just a shame once again we can't defend for 90 minutes and have made the opposition look a million dollars in the process. As per usual, and being typically Fulham, it had to be Brentford and we've mugged ourselves off. Slightly peed off right now is an understatement.   
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HatterDon

getting promoted would be the worst thing this team could do this season. We're not ready to move up. WE don't want to be in the playoffs.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree with HD...  It would actually be bad for our club if we went up, as we would come straight back down with this team. Our youngsters need more time to develop...We are in the rebuild phase, although FM wasted the majority of that last transfer window.

The chance of returning after the first 7 games of the season made our task almost impossible, the sooner us fans accept that the better things will seem for this season.

In response to the OP Brentford are a decent side, and above our level, but we don't have to play this calibre of teams week in week out . Business will be restored next week

MJG

Agree with Dean,  that start really killed any promotion chances, and tbh with the youngsters it's a two year project really.
As for Brentford,  they play good passing football with a plan. But remember Warburton has been in the job for a while now,  that's what happens when a manager has been in place for more than a dozen games and brought his own men in.
That's why people have to have patience with Symons over rest of season.
It's a rescue and rebuilding process he has to undertake.

ffc73

Warburton was also assistant to Rosler before the later went to Wigan so Warburton has been part of a longer term project.  I have seen Brentford twice now and been impressed with there teamwork on both occasions.  They thoroughly deserved their win last night.

Other sides I have been impressed with have been Derby, Wolves, Ipswich.  All 3 were 'teams'.  Working for one another with square pegs in square holes in all positions.  And have been playing together, successfully, for more than a season.  I am looking forward (with some trepidation) to seeing Bournemouth on Boxing Day and Watford in a couple of weeks.

I hope this season we (i) we avoid relegation and (ii) begin to see the the development of a team

PokerMatt

just want to add here..

Going up can never be a bad thing.

Just as going down can never be a good thing as some seemed to think.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

millsy

I agree, can't be a bad thing to go up as a) it means we would have improved to the extent that we would have amassed enough points to be up there and b) our chairman would be encouraged to invest in squad strengthening during the summer, in anticipation of the massive increase in income. This investment is unlikely to occur if we remain languishing in the lower rungs of the Championship.

Having said all this, I don't think top six is realistic, given our poor start and current failure to find a consistent shape and gameplan, which would ensure we are no longer on the back foot when playing anyone decent in this league.

Martinsback

I think everything you say is right.

Andy S

This league is strange in respect that you are either involved in a promotion battle or a relegation battle. There seems to be a very shallow mid table. If you are in mid table near the end of the season you can find that you lose a couple and you are in the relegation scrap. Yet if you win a couple you are right in the promotion scrap. Then it seems that the in form team goes up some 10 points behind the team that finished third.

SP

Next seasons Championship could have more of a London & South slant with Palace, QPR & Swindon possibly joining us.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on November 22, 2014, 07:04:49 AM
I agree with HD...  It would actually be bad for our club if we went up, as we would come straight back down with this team. Our youngsters need more time to develop...We are in the rebuild phase, although FM wasted the majority of that last transfer window.

The chance of returning after the first 7 games of the season made our task almost impossible, the sooner us fans accept that the better things will seem for this season.

In response to the OP Brentford are a decent side, and above our level, but we don't have to play this calibre of teams week in week out . Business will be restored next week

+1

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

From what I could see Brentford are a very good side,
as good as anyone we've faced this season, except maybe
their strikers.
In your face, Southampton style, fast paced and a lot
of skill and understanding between the players.
Great forward play by their full back, Benwood (LB) I
think his name was, was excellent, mind you we didn't
give him much to do.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RidgeRider

We have to leave open the fact that Brentford pressured us relentlessly when we had the ball. As you all know, it is hard to play flowing football when you have no time on the ball unless you have really good central midfielders who can care for the ball and even then it proves a tough task.

Sometimes we have to give credit to the other team for making things hard on us, rather than condemn just our poor play. Brentford made us look poor in the first half, we adjusted a bit but only opened them up after scoring on a long ball. Kit must have known to break them down with the players we have the long ball was the most sensible approach. Not great to watch but can be effective.

Our defense was actually pretty good but we started soaking up pressure for too long and we finally burst.

TonyGilroy

I reckon that Brentford performance would have beaten any other Championship club. Even so we really weren't far from getting something out of the game.

The single biggest need we have is for stronger defensive midfielders to help us close down matches but as things stand, with no reinforcements, we'll win at least as many as we lose and every match is competitive and exciting.

I'm enjoying the season.

hovewhite

Love the championship,strong in your face football,honest,hard,with no team giving a quarter.
Well done brentford.