watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When I told my (Villa) supporter friend

Started by The Swan, November 21, 2014, 10:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

When I told him that we had appointed Kit as our permanent manager he said that Fulham were doing it on the cheap. He said that we should have appointed Tony Pulis as our manager. When I did not agree with him he said that Pulis had a good track record in management.
When I said that all Fulham supporters were against him due to his long ball style of play.
Well we got the man we wanted and what style of football are we playing, yes the long ball.
I think Kit is our of his depth as our first team manager.
The Swan

SouthWest6

Not a fan of Kit, wasn't a fan of the appointment and like above, feel we done it on the cheap, or only through fan pressure. This isn't a manager bashing exercise after tonights defeat, losing to Brentford will do him no favors, but he's just another Paul Bracewell in my eyes, and won't pull up any tree's whilst he's in charge.

Lighthouse

I hate to break it to you. But while we can have a go at Kit all we want. The fact is he has turned around a very poor team and a disastrous season. I don't think any manager could do much with what Fulham have been left with.

A reality check is needed. Poor side, poor squad, but a manager who has changed things around. Far from perfect but this side was destroyed years ago. We know the reasons behind it but to avoid relegation is the best we can aim for and we have the right manager to do it. To pull up trees you need the machinery. Until we have it the best we can do is water the twigs. :005:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

dannyboi-ffc

After the turnaround I think he deserved the job and I still agree with it but I don't think we've been convincing at all since he took over apart form Bolton.

I can see why some think he's out of his depth but he deserves a chance.  Experience didn't exactly pass the Fulham test with flying colours lately. Jol and magath. .......

Plus the squad is awful and very limited.  I don't understand why we haven't signed any loans yet but I will wait to see what players he brings in before judging. At least we're not bottom like Blackpool for a change.  

Kit has a lot to learn
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Wimbledon_White

MASSIVELY on the cheap.
Khan is a false prophet!

Snibbo

So Khan appoints a panel of experts to select the best manager. They select Kit.

Do you really think that

a) Khan told them that it was a primary requirement that the recommended manager is happy with a low(by football standards) salary

and / or

b) the likes of Murphy and McBride would ignore the best candidate because a lesser one was cheaper.

I don't think Khan can win with some of you lot. He puts in place a transparent process, taking on board the best available advice, and some of you still think he's doing something underhand.

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: Snibbo on November 22, 2014, 03:39:24 AM
So Khan appoints a panel of experts to select the best manager. They select Kit.

Do you really think that

a) Khan told them that it was a primary requirement that the recommended manager is happy with a low(by football standards) salary

and / or

b) the likes of Murphy and McBride would ignore the best candidate because a lesser one was cheaper.

I don't think Khan can win with some of you lot. He puts in place a transparent process, taking on board the best available advice, and some of you still think he's doing something underhand.
+1

spoonffc

95% of supporters wanted him to be appointed because he got a couple of results and because of his ties with the club. - Yes he got a couple of results, but he has one of the best squads in the league at his disposal, and we haven't been convincing. I don't think he has been very good tactically and it annoys me that he's still working with Wales when he should be concentrating full time on the job at hand as there is a lot to sort out. Not convinced thus far, things need tightening..

MayoDomo

For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

dannyboi-ffc

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Peabody

So, are you suggesting that we go for yet another managerial change?

madffc

If pulis had come in and got the same results with this squad of mostly average players, would he be getting the same criticism?

MJG

Quote from: madffc on November 22, 2014, 09:18:14 AM
If pulis had come in and got the same results with this squad of mostly average players, would he be getting the same criticism?
spot on,  been saying the same. But replys will be Anyone would have done better.

Lighthouse

Quote from: spoonffc on November 22, 2014, 04:11:59 AM
95% of supporters wanted him to be appointed because he got a couple of results and because of his ties with the club. - Yes he got a couple of results, but he has one of the best squads in the league at his disposal, and we haven't been convincing. I don't think he has been very good tactically and it annoys me that he's still working with Wales when he should be concentrating full time on the job at hand as there is a lot to sort out. Not convinced thus far, things need tightening..

One of the best squads in the league at his disposal? I just dont understand this. We have an awful squad on paper. I can only think of two players who would walk into any other first 11 in the division. We have a few promising players. But that still leaves a squad that is envied by nobody. There may be problems but Symons has turned a catastrophe into hope. So lets not pretend we have a squad of players that in any way deserve to be better than they are.

spoonffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 22, 2014, 10:20:22 AM

One of the best squads in the league at his disposal? I just dont understand this. We have an awful squad on paper. I can only think of two players who would walk into any other first 11 in the division. We have a few promising players. But that still leaves a squad that is envied by nobody. There may be problems but Symons has turned a catastrophe into hope. So lets not pretend we have a squad of players that in any way deserve to be better than they are.

We have the top scorer in the league last season with Hugo who is an experienced international. We have Scott Parker - yes he is getting on but he won England player of the year 3 years ago?.
We have Ruiz who got into the World cup best 11, aswell as a lot of exciting youth players, including Christensen who looks the real deal, Bettinelli in goal who was fantastic last night and George Williams with frightening pace. Pat Roberts, Hyndman, Dembele, David - All future internationals . - The defence looks a tad weak but Bodruv has looked great and Burn is a real prospect ( My Birmingham friends were dissapointed to see him go. ) Amore has tons of experience and players like Staf and Hoogland look capable. Not to mention someone like Matt Smith who doesn't get to sniff the bench yet scored 14 goals in this league last season. We might be thin in places but there is some exciting talent in our team, not premier league quality but definately better than the majority of the teams in the league.

So I'm sorry but don't give me an awful squad on paper, there's a lot to be had from these players.

stokesy

we have that good a team eveyone is after our players not,we are a mediocre side,not complaining but just realistic

Baszab

Unbelievable fickle load of nonsense - from 1 point in 8 matches to this recovery --- with the same players --- and you're all still moaning - fickle rubbish

MayoDomo

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 22, 2014, 07:49:59 AM
Quote from: MayoDomo on November 22, 2014, 04:14:23 AM
You all make me sick.

Bit harsh. My post wasn't even negative

Wasn't trying to single anyone out. I just can't really stand how bipolar some people are on here.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

Lighthouse

Quote from: spoonffc on November 22, 2014, 07:46:25 PM

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 22, 2014, 10:20:22 AM

We have the top scorer in the league last season with Hugo who is an experienced international. We have Scott Parker - yes he is getting on but he won England player of the year 3 years ago?.
We have Ruiz who got into the World cup best 11, aswell as a lot of exciting youth players, including Christensen who looks the real deal, Bettinelli in goal who was fantastic last night and George Williams with frightening pace. Pat Roberts, Hyndman, Dembele, David - All future internationals . - The defence looks a tad weak but Bodruv has looked great and Burn is a real prospect ( My Birmingham friends were dissapointed to see him go. ) Amore has tons of experience and players like Staf and Hoogland look capable. Not to mention someone like Matt Smith who doesn't get to sniff the bench yet scored 14 goals in this league last season. We might be thin in places but there is some exciting talent in our team, not premier league quality but definately better than the majority of the teams in the league.

So I'm sorry but don't give me an awful squad on paper, there's a lot to be had from these players.

Sorry I don't agree with many of the statements you make about the players in our supposed 'best squads in the league'. You seem to imply it is all down to the managers. Still we all look on football with a different eye. So far my predictions have been closer for this squad than they would have been had I thought it was a good one. All I can say is we need great improvement to think about top six.

Fernhurst

Sorry I don't agree with many of the statements you make about the players in our supposed 'best squads in the league'. You seem to imply it is all down to the managers. Still we all look on football with a different eye.MY PREDICTIONS have been closer for this squad than they would have been had I thought it was a good one. All I can say is we need great improvement to think about top six.
[/quote]

My predictions have been outstanding lately...... 17 points on Super 6 today Beamer !!

BTW.... I also think we need to invest in more class before this squad is competitive
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.