Question Id Like To Ask Kit.

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 21, 2014, 10:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on November 22, 2014, 12:04:33 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 21, 2014, 11:35:41 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 21, 2014, 11:29:54 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 21, 2014, 11:24:33 PM
Anybody would think Smith just stood on the  penalty spot and waited for the ball
to be thumped into him...Hillarious
Apart from his 14 goals last season he made a few assists to Ross for his goals.
Talk about not giving the lad a chance, still everyone has their own opinion on players
I suppose...
? wasnt your reason for his inlusion, because we play hoof ball? and hugo will smash his goal tally

So you dont rate Smith...Youve made that obvious before.
Yes it was my reason for including him, but that doesnt mean thats all he can
do..

I have to agree with you, because of the pressure Brentford (and many teams put on us in defence) we are hoofing more than we would like.
If (and no one seems to have noticed your OP) that's the way Kit wants to play then YES play Smith instead of Ruiz, bypass the midfield in counter attacks with Ross dropping a tad bit deeper.
As you say, Smith is not just a satellite tower, he seems to offer more and his goals per games ratio even if it is under 21's or friendly is very impressive

Dont know if its to do with the fact Felix signed him, but I find it strange
that Kit doesnt even put him on the bench, and that after he played well
in the closed door friendly with West Ham...Baffling.

Chutney

We don't play Matt Smith because he isn't very good and was signed as back up. Hugo is doing well with very little support, we just need to get people closer to him, give it time!  049:gif
C O Y W

fulhamben

Anybody would think Smith just stood on the  penalty spot and waited for the ball
Apart from his 14 goals last season he made a few assists to Ross for his goals.
Talk about not giving the lad a chance, still everyone has their own opinion on players
I suppose...
? wasnt your reason for his inlusion, because we play hoof ball? and hugo will smash his goal tally

do..

I have to agree with you, because of the pressure Brentford (and many teams put on us in defence) we are hoofing more than we would like.
If (and no one seems to have noticed your OP) that's the way Kit wants to play then YES play Smith instead of Ruiz, bypass the midfield in counter attacks with Ross dropping a tad bit deeper.
As you say, Smith is not just a satellite tower, he seems to offer more and his goals per games ratio even if it is under 21's or friendly is very impressive
i very much doubt kit wants to play hoof ball. its a dying trade that he must know will get him the tin tac. its more likely that our midfield doesnt make themselfs available enough to avoid the ball going long.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulham76

Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2014, 12:13:29 AM
Anybody would think Smith just stood on the  penalty spot and waited for the ball
I suppose...

do..

i very much doubt kit wants to play hoof ball. its a dying trade that he must know will get him the tin tac. its more likely that our midfield doesnt make themselfs available enough to avoid the ball going long.

Didn't even look for midfielders tonight! Minimum pass range was about 70 yards regardless of who made themselves available in midfield. Horrible to watch!

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulham76 on November 22, 2014, 12:16:25 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2014, 12:13:29 AM
I suppose...

do..

Didn't even look for midfielders tonight! Minimum pass range was about 70 yards regardless of who made themselves available in midfield. Horrible to watch!
which is exactly why you dont play a specist hoofball target man.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2014, 12:09:36 AM
I suppose...

do..

oh i see. you must rate his defensive skills and first touch then. and you have made it perfectly obvious that you rate him on a previous goal tally and because he is tall. im going off what my bro in law the leeds st holder told me, and the fact that kit has him at, atleast 5 th choice, and the fact that goals havent been our problem. but yes you are right
I suppose...

do..

oh i see. you must rate his defensive skills and first touch then. and you have made it perfectly obvious that you rate him on a previous goal tally and because he is tall. im going off what my bro in law the leeds st holder told me, and the fact that kit has him at, atleast 5 th choice, and the fact that goals havent been our problem. but yes you are right

Goals were problem tonight We Scored 1 they scored 2..
And I dont rate Smith that highly just think he should at least be on the bench.
Do you actually read peoples posts properly..
And I know Leeds fans who love Smith, but I suppose your brother in
Law knows best...

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 22, 2014, 12:18:45 AM
I suppose...

do..

I suppose...

do..

Goals were problem tonight We Scored 1 they scored 2..
And I dont rate Smith that highly just think he should at least be on the bench.
Do you actually read peoples posts properly..
And I know Leeds fans who love Smith, but I suppose your brother in
Law knows best...
no, but kit probably does and leeds. you know he wasnt even first choice for them this season too? and one goal is enough to win any game if you can defend. so yes goals have not been our problem under kit

Deanothefulhamfan

I don't rate Smith in the slightest.... Certainly not the option for me. I would rather he put Woodrow in the number 10 role and dropped Ruiz.

We play better attacking football when Woodrow is in the team, and he much more of a physical aspect to his game than Ruiz brings.

I think the problem lies with defenders hoofing the ball forwards and not trusting the midfield. We need a big strong CDM who literally just sits in front of the defence, we also need a good footballer in the middle which Parker and LVC are not. I love LVC, but he is not the passer of say Hyndman. Parker is good with his determination and battling qualities, but is not a player to rely on for a good quick pass.

Our defence are not good footballers either in truth. So it is hard to play from the back and through the midfield, as we do not have the players to do so.

love4ffc

All these experts on Smith.  You would think people on here have followed him for years and now everything about him. 

How do we know he can't do more then head a ball in the goal?  Maybe he has some good foot skills.  Will never know though because he never get a chance. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Deanothefulhamfan

I spoke to my Oldham supporting friend when we signed him, and he said that he is a good league one player but not good enough to be decent at a higher level. We never should have signed him as we had Trotta in the wings who would have done the job Smith would have done, but is also a more technical footballer.

Smith will maybe get another chance, but if not I won't be too concerned.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on November 22, 2014, 03:28:52 AM
I spoke to my Oldham supporting friend when we signed him, and he said that he is a good league one player but not good enough to be decent at a higher level. We never should have signed him as we had Trotta in the wings who would have done the job Smith would have done, but is also a more technical footballer.

Smith will maybe get another chance, but if not I won't be too concerned.

League 1 your friend said?
Well he did it at a higher level last season 14 goals in the Championship and
assists for a few of Ross goals.
App played well in the West Ham game and scored again.
Have you actually seen the boy play, talk about jump on the bandwagon fans, one
says he is a carthorse and all agree..Hillarious
You are right about CDM we need someone in there.

Deanothefulhamfan

He scored 14 goals for a Leeds side that scored a bucketfull of goals. However look at his scoring record at every other club. He had one good season in 4 or 5. Much like Mccormack in truth.

He also played most of the season as a number 9, so he had the chance to get those goals. I trust Kit by not playing him, and think we have better attacking options than sticking to a lump up front....

However with all that being said he is scoring goals in the behind closed doors friendlies and maybe deserves a chance at some point. After his terrible debut.... Trotta deserved a chance though and look where that got him, on loan to Barnsley....

Mince n Tatties

Why is he a lump..?
Cant remember who it was against last season, but one of his goals he picked
it up centre interchanged with a couple then lashed it in with his FOOT.
As for Trotta he couldnt tie Smiths boots, but like I stated earlier we all see different
things in different players.
Personally I dont see what people see in Dan Burn, great big slow carthorse
who will cost us games, but that just my opinion..

Deanothefulhamfan

That is very harsh on Trotta who has a better scoring record than Smith, but has never been given a chance with Fulham... Smith should never have been signed as I mentioned above because we had Trotta, who is another target man but is better technically.

Smith is not good with the ball at his feet, he has a touch similar to Rodallega (just look at how he got sent off) and the pace of Hutchinson. What he is good at is upper body strength to hold off players when he has the ball, and excellent aerial abillity....Which in response to your op would be good for long ball.

Burn is a strange one.... I would say the word for him is inconsistent. Either very good or very bad, but nothing in between

Mince n Tatties

Trotta better scoring record than Smith?
When did he score 14 in the Championship?

Humbled

What a Joke.
6 goals and 6 assists and u would rather Smith start, who simply isn't that good  :doh:

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Humbled on November 22, 2014, 08:18:01 AM
What a Joke.
6 goals and 6 assists and u would rather Smith start, who simply isn't that good  :doh:

And another jumps on the bandwagon without reading posts properly
Quote from: Humbled on November 22, 2014, 08:18:01 AM
What a Joke.
6 goals and 6 assists and u would rather Smith start, who simply isn't that good  :doh:

Another jumps on the bandwagon without reading the OP properly.
And a simple Quest how do you know Smith wouldnt have had 6 of each or maybe more... :doh:  :doh:

fulhamben

Mince and tatties must either know smith or actually be him

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2014, 08:49:17 AM

The most childish remark ever posted on FOF..Hillarious

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 22, 2014, 08:52:52 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2014, 08:49:17 AM

The most childish remark ever posted on FOF..Hillarious
well why else are you bigging up a striker that leeds didnt rate and neither does the fulham management.