watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

David Stockdale

Started by Riversider, November 21, 2014, 11:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

When was the last time we had a post on here from anyone bemoaning the sale of Stockdale ?
Bettinelli was superb (again) tonight and is far more mobile than Stockdale has ever been,
Marcus is 6 years younger than Stockdale, over the next 6 years he will have another 300 games under his belt, the Bettinelli of 6 years from now will be far superior to Stockdale today,
Not to many bright lights this season , but Marcus is certainly one of them,
Well played son.

SouthWest6

Lets just hope we can keep hold of him. Have a poor finish this season, and we'll be subject to vultures of other clubs. Still amazes me how players like Dembele' and Williams are out of contract in the summer and we've done nothing about it (yet).

PeterFFC

Quote from: SouthWest6 on November 21, 2014, 11:11:58 PM
Lets just hope we can keep hold of him. Have a poor finish this season, and we'll be subject to vultures of other clubs. Still amazes me how players like Dembele' and Williams are out of contract in the summer and we've done nothing about it (yet).
Only them and club will know if anything has been done about it yet.

SouthWest6

Quote from: PeterFFC on November 21, 2014, 11:24:15 PM

Well, they've clearly not signed new contracts yet, it would have been announced..

MJG

Quote from: SouthWest6 on November 21, 2014, 11:25:34 PM
Quote from: PeterFFC on November 21, 2014, 11:24:15 PM

Well, they've clearly not signed new contracts yet, it would have been announced..
club have option to extend Dembele's contract which I'm sure they will do.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Riversider on November 21, 2014, 11:08:53 PM
When was the last time we had a post on here from anyone bemoaning the sale of Stockdale ?
Bettinelli was superb (again) tonight and is far more mobile than Stockdale has ever been,
Marcus is 6 years younger than Stockdale, over the next 6 years he will have another 300 games under his belt, the Bettinelli of 6 years from now will be far superior to Stockdale today,
Not to many bright lights this season , but Marcus is certainly one of them,
Well played son.

Certainly all that could be taken out of tonight's performance.  Did well enough.  The 10 in front were shocking tonight.  We desperately need a midfield that can control a game.  Another faceless captaincy role from Parker.

Riversider

Can only recall Parker being involved twice all night and that was only when he committed two bloody stupid fouls on the edge of the box.

JDH101

It was hard to see from the replay but I also think Parker was massively at fault for their first goal. It seemed like the weak cross could have easily been cleared by him but for some reason he seemed to leave it. Did anyone else notice that?

Chutney

This started out as a massively positive post about a very promising player, can we keep it that way?  :033:

Well played Marcus! He's confident and has al the ability to be a very very good keeper for us. It would be nice to have a set number 1 for the next few years, it will give the defence confidence
C O Y W

Riversider

Marcus is currently playing behind the worst defence in England, imagine how good he is going to look when he has a decent defence in front of him, one that can make the correct decisions !
The problem we have is next summer when our billionaire owner raises the word "sustainability" again and The Premier League sides start looking for young talent , if you were Williams, LVC, Bettenelli, Roberts, David, Hyndman or Woodrow, why would you stay if offered a chance in The Premier League on more money ?

Barrie

Marcus needs to work on crosses, he looks very suspect atm.

Riversider

To be fair, compared to Stockdale on crosses he looks like Pat Jennings.

fulhamben

Quote from: JDH101 on November 22, 2014, 12:02:33 AM
It was hard to see from the replay but I also think Parker was massively at fault for their first goal. It seemed like the weak cross could have easily been cleared by him but for some reason he seemed to leave it. Did anyone else notice that?
think he had an air shot at it. Fine that happens, but what did annoy me was that he just run into the box and miss kicked when he should have been tracking a player into the box. Don't think there was a brentford player within 15 yards of him.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Baszab

Brighton fans not that impressed with Stockers apparently

chiefo

The only good thing about last night was performance from Marcus, saved us from a bloody good hiding. He certainly didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

nose

MB has done really well and will bet better all the time
but
if we still had stockdale he would be number one

MikeW

As an old, not very good 'keeper who read all the books without putting them into practice I thought Betts looked pretty sound to me.  Don't understand complaints about his aerial ability.  It must be a nightmare these days with all the fouling going on around - shirt pulling / blocking / pushing / all of which can distract the 'keeper and should be stamped on by the  ref.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."