watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stop taking Ruiz off

Started by kevin, November 22, 2014, 12:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc73

Our shape was better after Ruiz went off.  Ruiz, as has been debated many times on this forum is not a RM.  Either in the Premiership or the Championship.  If Kit thought Ruiz was not up to playing as a no10 on a Friday night at Brentford then Ruiz should not have started

Prior to taking him off Kit switched Ross to RM and pushed Ruiz up alongside Hugo.  Ruiz was ineffective all night and with the benefit of hindsight should not have started.

As I have said in another post, I want to see players selected for their abilities to contribute to a position/role and therein to the team.  2+2 = 5, the parts being less than the overall output.

To me we are still persisting with players who, whilst having individual talent, are not effective as a unit.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC73 on November 22, 2014, 09:16:34 AM
Our shape was better after Ruiz went off.  Ruiz, as has been debated many times on this forum is not a RM.  Either in the Premiership or the Championship.  If Kit thought Ruiz was not up to playing as a no10 on a Friday night at Brentford then Ruiz should not have started

Prior to taking him off Kit switched Ross to RM and pushed Ruiz up alongside Hugo.  Ruiz was ineffective all night and with the benefit of hindsight should not have started.

As I have said in another post, I want to see players selected for their abilities to contribute to a position/role and therein to the team.  2+2 = 5, the parts being less than the overall output.

To me we are still persisting with players who, whilst having individual talent, are not effective as a unit.
agreed, burn parker and ruiz should be dropped for brighton. yes i know burn is suspended
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ron

Quote from: Fulham76 on November 22, 2014, 12:19:07 AM
Quote from: MrProphet on November 22, 2014, 12:15:49 AM
Quote from: nose on November 22, 2014, 12:12:19 AM
i agree he should not have gone off
he should never have started at all

Beat me to it.

And me

Me too. I was all in favour of giving him a regular spot to see how it went....but he's hardly dominated this level of football as some claimed he would, has he?

nose

Quote from: Baszab on November 22, 2014, 07:43:37 AM
Ruiz was tiring so KS had to something - we have NO OTHER midfielders who can defend to bring on

After Ruiz went off we lost shape and then lost the match

Draw your own conclusions

you know i love you dearly but i cannot agree with that analysis
we did not lose because ruiz was taken off... he was doing nothing all game and we needed to try and get more energy into the team for the later stages and it was working well (although i would have brought on woodrow who can hold the ball and dropped ross a bit deeper) we lost because they got a lucky break/poor defending for the equlaliser and a massive deflection for the win.

ruiz was miles off the pace, won no headers or tackles, misplaced far too many routine passes and was actually always much too slow. come and sit with me at the next game and i will talk you through it.

I still love you

nose

Quote from: ron on November 22, 2014, 10:04:59 AM
Quote from: Fulham76 on November 22, 2014, 12:19:07 AM
Quote from: MrProphet on November 22, 2014, 12:15:49 AM

Beat me to it.

And me

Me too. I was all in favour of giving him a regular spot to see how it went....but he's hardly dominated this level of football as some claimed he would, has he?

he played well V bolton and since then nothing to speak of.... the last minute penalty if you recall a few members of the team didn't seem to want him to take it because of his poor play and set pieces.... the team obviously know he isn't contributing and we can mainly all see it....

it isn't being a scapegoat, he stands out as being the one who is generall out iof his depth. a couple of rare fancy dan passes is far too little.

millsy

I agree with this last post. Poor Ruiz just runs around chasing shadows, arriving just after the ball has moved on. He didn't lose possession as often last night as he usually does but never made a telling pass either and overall therefore, totally ineffective. For me should only start in selected fixtures.

grandad

:plus one:
He is not a small player but he gets easily dispossessed . He can´t head a ball & is not good or strong enough for the No. 10 role.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Jamie88

Why is it that when the general consensus concludes that Ruiz is pretty useless to the team, he is labelled as a 'scapegoat'?

He is not being picked on unfairly and neither is Zverotic, they are just not good enough!

F(f)CUK

I am typically a Ruiz supporter, but last night he was a spare part.  Too many people were walking around towards the end of the game (just before they scored). We have to defend as a team for the full 90.

Barrie

Apart from one or two games, Ruiz has always frustrated me much more than impressed me.  We've got to be able to find another player to replace him with who can have more of an impact.

Luka

Forget blaming Ruiz, he didn't pick himself or the team.
Ruiz wasn't responsible for the lack of shape or poor back line.
Ruiz wasn't responsible for the oh so deep defending of a one goal lead with one of the leakiest defences in the division.
Ruiz didnt dictate tactics before or during the game.

THE MANAGER Is responsible for all the above !!
So it was his poor performance that cost us dearly last night not anyone else's.

18stepsup

Baszab

Ruiz is a class above any other player we have (except RM)
He doesn't fight hard for midfield balls but so what - he's not there for that

nose

Quote from: Baszab on November 22, 2014, 03:16:22 PM
Ruiz is a class above any other player we have (except RM)
He doesn't fight hard for midfield balls but so what - he's not there for that

I agree, ruiz is in a class of his own/
what is it that you are seeing that most of the rest of us do not
he is physically weak so gets knocked off the ball
he is slow
he holds the ball far too long
he is almost totally unable to play a first time ball the way he is facing, he always has to stop, turn, and then turn again...
he annot run at pace with the ball
he cannot go past a second challenge, given he kept it past the first
even his ledgendary dead ball striking is at a new low

so what do you think he does in a game that makes him a player to ne admired?.... the offer reamins, come and sit with us next game and we can discuss his merits or otherwise, even if we disagree i feel sure you will learn far more about football than you ever thought possible.