watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So much negativity

Started by Deanothefulhamfan, November 22, 2014, 01:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanothefulhamfan

Yes we just lost to Brentford who some consider a big rival, yes we were outplayed but come on guys some of the comments are ridiculous and completely blinded.

Brentford are a very good side, and we almost picked up a point away from home which is what 90% of us would have taken before the game.

Kit has inherited one of the worst squads I have seen in a long time, and is doing the best he can with what he has got. Let's not forget that before tonight's game he has turned this poor squad of players into one of the most in form teams in the league.

Changes might happen for Brighton, but he was never going to change a winning formula for tonight's game. I expect to see a much stronger performance against an equally poor Brighton, and that is a game I have marked down for a win. Losing tonight was more likely than not going to happen, a more realistic test comes next week.

People are so quick to forget the good kit is doing after losing for the first time in a while against a good side.

Currently we are a mid table team unfortunately, and if fans started realising that they might not be so disappointed. Kit will bring in some good additions in January, and we will improve, but in the meantime his hands are tied, and he is doing a very good job imo.

For the record I am gutted we lost, as I always am when we lose, and I am usually one of the most negative on here, but my God some of you tonight take the biscuit.

In Kit I trust

the nutflush

We got completely stuffed by them.  We should have lost by way more if it wasn't for Bettinelli.

the nutflush

For the record I'm not blaming Kit.  He has my support.  The damage has been done prior to him coming in.  We have to stop this love affair with that imposter Ruiz asap.  A new back 4 and some midfield support and we might have a chance at going up next season.  Love watching McCormack.  He makes some of his team mates look better than they are. 

Deanothefulhamfan

Yeah and as I said things will probably change. This Brentford side are one of the best in the league, and if we don't perform to our maximum we will lose to sides like these even more so away from home.

I will be interested to see what happens at a poor Brighton side before I even think about having doubts over Kit.

RidgeRider

basically if we don't stuff the other team 5-0 within the first five minutes of a match, the Kit Out brigade starts warming up their instruments.

Chutney

Quote from: RidgeRider on November 22, 2014, 01:27:52 AM
basically if we don't stuff the other team 5-0 within the first five minutes of a match, the Kit Out brigade starts warming up their instruments.

Exactly right, it's ridiculous.
C O Y W

JDH101

Quote from: RidgeRider on November 22, 2014, 01:27:52 AM
'RidgeRider, I probably agree with your comments 98% of the time, but I just don't think the above statement is true. Its not that people want Kit out like we did with Jol or Magath, but some of us, albeit a minority, are not convinced he is the right man to take us back to the premier league. Regardless of if we are 5 up within 5 minutes.

What was our game plan tonight? I couldn't see one. I feel like it was to keep things tight and hope for the best from our attacking three. These long aimless balls into the corner did nothing all night. There was no desire to keep the ball and get some sort of control over the game. We invited Brentford on to us all night. We were so lucky to go in at half time level. If we had gone in 1 or 2 down none of us could have had complaints. It was one way traffic apart from the occasional bit of attacking play from McCormack.

I get that this is not his team, but it is a good team. One of the better squads in the division, but to get totally outplayed, and not for the first time, gets alarm bells going in my head.

He's a nice bloke and I want him to do well, but when I hear him in press conferences its just the same old cliches and football talk. Its like I'm talking to a mate about the game in the pub. I don't see his vision for us. I don't see some formation he is working towards that I believe in.

I think playing Ross out wide to accommodate Ruiz is a mistake. Trust me, I know what Ruiz can do and I want him to succeed, but tonight he was awol. I wouldn't play hime away from home. He's just not interested. Instead play some sort of 4-4-1-1 with Ross behind Hugo. We need to play Ross central and have everything go through him.

Kit was the right man to steady the ship and get the fans and players believing again. But I do not think he is the right man to shape the squad and get us promoted.

Maybe we should have had a 10 man panel?

;)

Sgt Fulham

Usually I agree with you and im all for optimism but they cant be that good a side, theyre in the championship!

Deanothefulhamfan

Maybe he is not the right man to get us up, but maybe he is. Look at our results from our past 7 games. I also disagree when you say we have one of the best teams in the league, we certainly have one of the best attacking threats in the league but not as a team. Not even close and we are in this position for a reason.

I do agree with your comments about changhing things away from home, but as I mentioned above if it is not broke don't try and fix it. Which us exactly what Kit has done, now we have lost our first game in 6 or 7, I expect him to make an odd change here or there.

I cannot wait until January, and Kit gets to add a few additions, then I will start to judge him more critically. At the moment I think he is working wonders with a very poor team that he has been left with. I would also rather us lose to a better side in the league (despite them being a rival) than a poor side.

love4ffc

I know people don't want to hear this but it's going to take more then the January transfer window for Kit to put his stamp on this team. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Deanothefulhamfan

Yes maybe it will, but it will be a start, and is his timeframe to assemble a decent squad.

We won't get promoted this season, I gave up all hope of that happening after our disastrous start. But we can improve...

ealex40

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on November 22, 2014, 02:54:29 AM
Maybe he is not the right man to get us up, but maybe he is. Look at our results from our past 7 games. I also disagree when you say we have one of the best teams in the league, we certainly have one of the best attacking threats in the league but not as a team. Not even close and we are in this position for a reason.

I do agree with your comments about changing things away from home, but as I mentioned above if it is not broke don't try and fix it. Which us exactly what Kit has done, now we have lost our first game in 6 or 7, I expect him to make an odd change here or there.

I cannot wait until January, and Kit gets to add a few additions, then I will start to judge him more critically. At the moment I think he is working wonders with a very poor team that he has been left with. ]I would also rather us lose to a better side in the league (despite them being a rival) than a poor side.

Exactly! We keep being reminded of what a large squad we have but when you go down the list, it's not very inspiring.When you look at the latest team selections and the available substitutes, I was hoping to make excuses and think that this was a temporary phase we were going through because we were without several players and they would soon be back and make a difference. This is not the case and we have only looked impressive a couple of times so far and not against top opposition. Several of the younger players are very talented and have shown us, in flashes, what we can expect from them in the future but at the moment I don't think they are going to take matches by the scruff of the neck and inspire us enough to win many games. This is a tough division with tough opponents, who are not standing admiring or respecting our kids. Look how we had a scoring chance late in the game at Brentford and Christensen was bundled over. It should have been a penalty but we need to obtain a few of our own tougher defenders who will not be intimidated by the opposition. I'm not blaming the manager, he's only using what he's got and hopefully he can sign 4-5 experienced players in January.

K33NY

The Kit out brigade can whine all they want, but yes we where terrible yesterday, was not a good match at all and it could have been far worse if it hadnt been for Bettinelli, but we move on, we forget the result and look ahead fot the next match.

Most important we stay behind the team, and we should do so through thick and thin. Kit out brigade, would you want Felix back? If you answer yes, then that says everything about how much you know about football and results.

COYW!

Mince n Tatties

I dont think people want Kit out far from it, they are frustrated we lost to that lot in a whimper.
Just want explanations about subs and why a few players who maybe deserve a chance
are not getting a look in.
The downfall of a lot of managers is when they play their fav players all the time
get a one track mind and play with heart not head.
But he is in his first job and we all learn from our mistakes.As you say a lot of
work needed to be done..

alfie

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on November 22, 2014, 02:54:29 AM

I do agree with your comments about changhing things away from home, but as I mentioned above if it is not broke don't try and fix it. Which us exactly what Kit has done, now we have lost our first game in 6 or 7, I expect him to make an odd change here or there.

I cannot wait until January, and Kit gets to add a few additions, then I will start to judge him more critically. At the moment I think he is working wonders with a very poor team that he has been left with. I would also rather us lose to a better side in the league (despite them being a rival) than a poor side.

I agree with you but I do wonder about his substitutions, I don't know too much about Eisfeld, but I would have thought that drop Ross into the middle and have Woodrow with Hugo, or leave Ross where he was and put Hyndman in who is a very good passer of the ball, I would have taken off LVC tonight, I don't think he offered very much apart from the fact he should have had a penalty.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

premFlem

Quote from: K33NY on November 22, 2014, 05:27:19 AM
The Kit out brigade can whine all they want, but yes we where terrible yesterday, was not a good match at all and it could have been far worse if it hadnt been for Bettinelli, but we move on, we forget the result and look ahead fot the next match.

Most important we stay behind the team, and we should do so through thick and thin. Kit out brigade, would you want Felix back? If you answer yes, then that says everything about how much you know about football and results.

COYW!
I personally think felix would have got it right in the end, but probably none of us fancied a trip to league 2 to find out.
kit has done relatively well and deserves a transfer window, but after that he needs to achieve a top ten place at least or he's gone.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

grandad

Quote from: the nutflush on November 22, 2014, 01:19:19 AM
We got completely stuffed by them.  We should have lost by way more if it wasn't for Bettinelli.

Perhaps this is why we play with a goalkeeper. A damn good one at that.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Deanothefulhamfan

I think he has just stuck to the same winning formula Alfie. I too like Hyndman and I am probably one of Woodrows biggest supporters on here, but they have not featured as much as I would have hoped, as we have been getting results.

I expect things to change at Brighton as our good run has stopped,  sometimes his subs do seem bizarre, and our style of play is inconsistent. I think January will be really interesting for Kit and for Fulham.

We were outplayed yesterday but we're only 60 odd seconds from picking up a decent point away . Fine margins

madffc

After obviously feeling down last night, it's refreshing to read some sensible comments in this thread.  Kit unfortunately is going to need time to really get this squad sorted.. even with a few improvements in jan I think top 10 will be the limit, which I'll be happy with after the terrible start this season.

My one criticism of kit though was you'd think he would have made a sub in the last few mins to just put Brentford off a bit.. Williams looked shattered and we could have done with someone to just hold the ball up better. He also needs to drop ruiz asap.. so poor last night.. hardly put a foot in and never jumps. All in all kit needs time and unfortunately there won't be instant success.

JDH101

Quote from: madffc on November 22, 2014, 08:57:57 AM
After obviously feeling down last night, it's refreshing to read some sensible comments in this thread.  Kit unfortunately is going to need time to really get this squad sorted.. even with a few improvements in jan I think top 10 will be the limit, which I'll be happy with after the terrible start this season.

My one criticism of kit though was you'd think he would have made a sub in the last few mins to just put Brentford off a bit.. Williams looked shattered and we could have done with someone to just hold the ball up better. He also needs to drop ruiz asap.. so poor last night.. hardly put a foot in and never jumps. All in all kit needs time and unfortunately there won't be instant success.

I guess my point is what makes you think that kit is the man to get us up? Lets all be realistic and write this season off. so its all about building for next season. What do you see in Kit that makes you think with the January transfer window and the summer, Kit is the man to get us up?

Don't get me wrong, I hope he does. He's a nice man and an ex player. But what does everyone see in him that I don't? In interviews he looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights. His tactics and formations have been nothing but basic, which is being polite. His substitutions and lack thereof leave me scratching my head. I would love someone to tell me what it is most people on this board see in him that I fail to recognise.

What I do see in him is that he knows the players. He got the staff, players and fans back together again after two of the worst managers in our history. He did a great job steadying the ship. And I thank him for that. The Bolton game alone made me feel like we had our Fulham back. But other than that, I am not inspired by him. I don't think he is going to outsmart his fellow manager. I don't think he is going to have an eye for a bargain. I don't think he is going to transform our club like Tigana. I just think he is going to play pretty basic football, say a few cliches in interviews, win some games, lose some games and draw some games. Which is fine I guess. Especially after the last few managers.

But can all the Kit lovers out there please tell me what I am missing? Again, this is not a bash at the man, he has done a great job in the interim for us and I will be forever grateful. I just fail to see what everyone is falling in love with.