more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I got that late 60's feeling

Started by bobbo, November 22, 2014, 08:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

:49:
     Yes we were second best last night but having got in front , yet again we gave it away.
I certainly don't know the answer but I just feel mismanagement on several levels from both
MAF  and our present chairman. Not to mention team managers have taken us back 10 years.
I fear for the time it might take to get back. 70 next time round will I see it???
1975 just leaving home full of hope

andyk

Indeed, it could be the golden years have gone, the Europa final the pinnacle. Are we facing decades of decline. It can be slow and gradual, almost imperceptible, then  some 10 or 15  years later, you find yourself desperately hoping to get a scoreless draw at home to Southend United, so you don't slip into non-league football. I too will be passing into old age by then, but I will still be a Fulham fan, only mortality's final whistle will stop that.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Well the decline has NOT been slow & gradual rather fast & furious

Quite what happens now of course remains to be seen

Can Kit correct the slide & climb the table?

Is he capable of managing a short to medium revival - this season or next?

Will he be trusted with appropriate funds to start to achieve this in January?

Or is he a very short term appointment to satisfy the core of FFC fans whilst the longer game plan plays out?

Whatever that means.............

Never mind, we support FFC wherever that takes us..........

hovewhite

He he,so what is the plan movin forward!it would be nice to know!

HatterDon

I guess it all depends on where you think Fulham lies in the 92 club list. I think we're basically a mid-table second tier English team. On that basis, last season was the end of probably our greatest period as a club. There was a European final, and our top three league finishes ever. If those achievements are remarkable, that means that we can't expect that sort of thing every decade or even every generation [three decades]. Perhaps we're not where we are because of poor this or sub-standard that. Perhaps we should realize that we were blessed for an extended period and celebrate that.

Or not.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

win-dup

Quote from: HatterDon on November 23, 2014, 05:25:12 AM
I guess it all depends on where you think Fulham lies in the 92 club list. I think we're basically a mid-table second tier English team. On that basis, last season was the end of probably our greatest period as a club. There was a European final, and our top three league finishes ever. If those achievements are remarkable, that means that we can't expect that sort of thing every decade or even every generation [three decades]. Perhaps we're not where we are because of poor this or sub-standard that. Perhaps we should realize that we were blessed for an extended period and celebrate that.

Or not.
hard for younger supporters to acknowledge but you are absolutely spot on. We are, as you say, basically a second tier middle of the table club, which as a quick look at our history will show is a fact.
That's not to say that football can't be enjoyed at our level but yet again it was another low moment Friday night (and trust me, I've seen probably hundreds of them over the years) losing to a perennial third level middle of the table club who outplayed us most of the evening and showed a level of commitment and passion which we see all too little of from Fulham sides. The two late goals conceded were absolutely diabolical. Yet again everyone had gone to sleep - thought Kit had cured that but obviously not.

FFCAli

That was why I was not amongst those who thought relegation might not necessarily be a bad thing last season.  Having been a regular home and away in the early 70s I am concerned it may take as long as then to get back  -  if ever.  I hope we can do it in the next couple of years but if not I fear we may be in the wilderness for decades.

premFlem

let's all just hope shahid Khan can continue his improved ownership
He made a good move assigning the committee and they may have to make some tough decisions in the coming months.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: premFlem on November 24, 2014, 05:14:07 PM
He made a good move assigning the committee and they may have to make some tough decisions in the coming months.

Mr. Khan definitely is improving as our chairman he like our team, is a work in progress. He will come good. 
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: maoconnor on November 24, 2014, 05:22:18 PM
Quote from: premFlem on November 24, 2014, 05:14:07 PM

Mr. Khan definitely is improving as our chairman he like our team, is a work in progress. He will come good. 

For me, the test of his will to regain "our place in the PL" will come this January. We will not make the promotion places with this team I'm afraid. And the only way to show potential summer signings that it's worth leaving their team for ours is to show a willingness to spend toward promotion....and spend even when it's a bit more painful. Smart spending, mind you, but we must bring in quality players over the January window to push the incumbents.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude