watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Enough is Enough

Started by Peabody, November 22, 2014, 09:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Let's have a reality check. Firstly, I was out for the night and did not know the result until I got home. However, some of the reaction on here is hysterical. With some of you not quite saying it but hinting, that we need yet another managerial change. That would be our fourth manager in a year. That really creates stability, does'nt it?

So, we lost a game of football and apparently did not play well. Can anyone show me were it is written that we have to play well and win every game?

We are all aware that this is a work in progress, are we not? Well, if that is the case, the first thing we need is a degree or two of stability and whilst I accept, that some of you were expressing doubts about Kits suitability for the job. The vast majority of us were saying he was the right appointment. Well, let's stick to that and allow him the time to see were he gets us.

Mince n Tatties

I think a lot are just frustrated Mr P that we lost to that mob...

Martinsback

Quote from: Peabody on November 22, 2014, 09:26:06 AM
Let's have a reality check. Firstly, I was out for the night and did not know the result until I got home. However, some of the reaction on here is hysterical. With some of you not quite saying it but hinting, that we need yet another managerial change. That would be our fourth manager in a year. That really creates stability, does'nt it?

So, we lost a game of football and apparently did not play well. Can anyone show me were it is written that we have to play well and win every game?

We are all aware that this is a work in progress, are we not? Well, if that is the case, the first thing we need is a degree or two of stability and whilst I accept, that some of you were expressing doubts about Kits suitability for the job. The vast majority of us were saying he was the right appointment. Well, let's stick to that and allow him the time to see were he gets us.

Kit has had plenty of time according to Fulhamben and Southwestsix and you can see the logic of getting on the back of our manager and team can't you?

Berserker

Well I must admit I didn't see the game or know the result until afterwards. I must admit by the do dah on here I thought we had lost by a lot more than we actually did
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Peabody

So Martin, you are not now claiming that Kit has had plenty of money to spend and that this is his team, as you did in an earlier thread?

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 22, 2014, 09:29:48 AM
I think a lot are just frustrated Mr P that we lost to that mob...
i dont mind losing, but i dont like the fact that our defence is still poor, and that we   
rarely play decent football. and the lack of subs even when we are getting owned is tiresome.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Barrie

Most posters will have calmed down a little by today.  I'm glad I didn't post last night!  I would hope that the 5 man panel chose kit on all credentials, so we are going to have to try to be patient and get him time to build a squad and a system of play as Brentford clearly have done.  But we were very poor in every aspect  last night, no getting away from that.

Berserker

Quote from: Peabody on November 22, 2014, 09:37:01 AMSo Martin, you are not now claiming that Kit has had plenty of money to spend and that this is his team, as you did in an earlier thread?
Martin was being sarcastic in the other thread, Indirectly saying the opposite of what he had written
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

fulhamben

Quote from: Martinsback on November 22, 2014, 09:33:18 AM

Kit has had plenty of time according to Fulhamben and Southwestsix and you can see the logic of getting on the back of our manager and team can't you?
lol where have i said kit has had plenty of time?

MrProphet

Quote from: Berserker on November 22, 2014, 09:35:59 AM
Well I must admit I didn't see the game or know the result until afterwards. I must admit by the do dah on here I thought we had lost by a lot more than we actually did

4-1 wouldn't have flattered them, we had chances but we were painfully outclassed.

You can can call people's reaction hysteria and knee jerk but you can look at several of our last games and see the same problems yet we got lucky.I'm not calling for his head but there are several things he must sort

Stop playing long ball
Stop playing zverotic
Stop playing Ruiz and if you persist with him don't do it on the wing
Learn how to Defend as a unit
Learn how to Defend set pieces
Make substitutions to change a game not react to a problem

Fundamentaly he's inherited a squad with the odd gem but a huge amount of donkeys. Tactically he has been found wanting though and needs to learn very quickly

Fulham1959

Well said, Peabody.

I watched the match on Sky Go and thought our first half performance was abysmal, GK excepted.  Second Half was better though it was undeserved that we took the lead.  Still, football's like that and I hoped that the gods would stay with us.  Unfortunately they didn't.  But I deliberately stayed away from reading reactions last night, other than the Match Thread.

Football teams lose matches.  One week they amaze us.  Another week you wonder if the players have ever met before, have ever trained together, have ever had any football skills.

I notice two of the 'usual suspects' mentioned above.  All this 'Kit not yet ready to manage', 'Kit naive', 'Kit clueless regarding the use of substitutes', etc., is b8ll8cks coming from people who have never been involved in the world of professional football.

Some people need to live in the real world or choose another sport to follow.  Football is an up-and-down world for supporters of 'normal' teams.  Just get used to the frequent lows and occasional highs . . . and for heaven's sake get a sense of proportion.

PokerMatt

For what it's worth, it's a silly argument to suggest that all fans expect to win every game and play well.

I don't think it's much to ask to continue to show improvement instead of slipping again. The performances in the last few since kit's opening games gave gone back downhill and we were frankly awful last night.

I wanted kit, I still think he can do well, but I'm reserving judgement on a number of aspects of his reign. Namely the long ball stuff we start with each game and his consistently poor subs.

Why,  Mr P,  can't people criticise what they're seeing? I've always been an optimist on here and I still am, but I'm sensible enough to see that last night was not good enough and in all honesty the defeat should have been heavier.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulham1959 on November 22, 2014, 10:03:19 AM
Well said, Peabody.

I watched the match on Sky Go and thought our first half performance was abysmal, GK excepted.  Second Half was better though it was undeserved that we took the lead.  Still, football's like that and I hoped that the gods would stay with us.  Unfortunately they didn't.  But I deliberately stayed away from reading reactions last night, other than the Match Thread.

Football teams lose matches.  One week they amaze us.  Another week you wonder if the players have ever met before, have ever trained together, have ever had any football skills.

I notice two of the 'usual suspects' mentioned above.  All this 'Kit not yet ready to manage', 'Kit naive', 'Kit clueless regarding the use of substitutes', etc., is b8ll8cks coming from people who have never been involved in the world of professional football.

Some people need to live in the real world or choose another sport to follow.  Football is an up-and-down world for supporters of 'normal' teams.  Just get used to the frequent lows and occasional highs . . . and for heaven's sake get a sense of proportion.
i was mentioned above, now show me one of my posts where i have said kit isnt ready. just one post

Peabody

Unfortunately Ben, I never said it Martisback did, so I can't answer.

As for PokerMatt, I will give my stock answer and say, yes, of course they can express an opinion, which is exactly what I am doing.

MrProphet

Quote from: Fulham1959 on November 22, 2014, 10:03:19 AM
Well said, Peabody.

I watched the match on Sky Go and thought our first half performance was abysmal, GK excepted.  Second Half was better though it was undeserved that we took the lead.  Still, football's like that and I hoped that the gods would stay with us.  Unfortunately they didn't.  But I deliberately stayed away from reading reactions last night, other than the Match Thread.

Football teams lose matches.  One week they amaze us.  Another week you wonder if the players have ever met before, have ever trained together, have ever had any football skills.

I notice two of the 'usual suspects' mentioned above.  All this 'Kit not yet ready to manage', 'Kit naive', 'Kit clueless regarding the use of substitutes', etc., is b8ll8cks coming from people who have never been involved in the world of professional football.

Some people need to live in the real world or choose another sport to follow.  Football is an up-and-down world for supporters of 'normal' teams.  Just get used to the frequent lows and occasional highs . . . and for heaven's sake get a sense of proportion.

Sense of proportion or having an opinion. I do forget that some usual suspects think you can't have an opinion and the world is always rosy. Why you are there let me ask you what you make of kits substitutions?

Ps you can have an opinion if you aren't an internationaly recognised manager

Zu-Meister

the issue lies with Kit refusing to have a holding midfield player to protect the back four. Both parker and christensen are brilliant box to box players, but need someone behind to hold, allowing them to freedom to do their thing. also Ruiz......my word how is David not starting ahead of this guy.....

PokerMatt

But your opinion has come from reading what others have said, while theirs has come from watching what was on the whole a dreadful performance.

I've put my criticisms in here and have also said I'm still backing Kit.

I don't agree with anyone who's hinting at another managerial change, that would be madness, but where do you stand on Kit tactically? Are you happy with his style of football and his subs?

fulhamben

Quote from: Zu-Meister on November 22, 2014, 10:24:15 AM
the issue lies with Kit refusing to have a holding midfield player to protect the back four. Both parker and christensen are brilliant box to box players, but need someone behind to hold, allowing them to freedom to do their thing. also Ruiz......my word how is David not starting ahead of this guy.....
theres this myth again. i dont even think parker was box to box for chatlton let alone for us at his age.

Tony

Well said Peabody.
The management, the players, the fans should want to win every game, but in the real world, teams that are near the top playing at home will beat teams near the bottom.
When we finished 7th in the premiership our away record was won 3, drew 8, lost 8 which is not that impressive.
So I would not despair yet. By all means set the bar high (otherwise what is the point of jumping), but lets reserve judgement until the end of the season.
Then we can ask, "have we made good progress", "have we got the the right manager", etc

PokerMatt

Quote from: Tony on November 22, 2014, 10:27:09 AM

Well said Peabody.
The management, the players, the fans should want to win every game, but in the real world, teams that are near the top playing at home will beat teams near the bottom.
When we finished 7th in the premiership our away record was won 3, drew 8, lost 8 which is not that impressive.
So I would not despair yet. By all means set the bar high (otherwise what is the point of jumping), but lets reserve judgement until the end of the season.
Then we can ask, "have we made good progress", "have we got the the right manager", etc

With respect, if judgement was reserved until the end of the season there'd be little point having a forum to discuss Fulham.

I'm a Kit supporter, but at the same time see a lot of things that he needs to improve on if we're going to get better. I've yet to see him address any of them, so that's a concern for me. Doesn't mean I don't have faith in him. It also doesn't mean things are either perfect or disastrous, there's plenty in the middle.