watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Enough is Enough

Started by Peabody, November 22, 2014, 09:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domino 1879

I think a number of us have mentioned before that Kit needs help.  An experienced mentor and/or strengthening of the coaching staff.  Since Kits appointment there has been no additions to the staff.  There was some talk of Danny Murphy joining the coaching staff - what happened to that idea?

Zu-Meister

Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2014, 10:26:53 AM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on November 22, 2014, 10:24:15 AM
the issue lies with Kit refusing to have a holding midfield player to protect the back four. Both parker and christensen are brilliant box to box players, but need someone behind to hold, allowing them to freedom to do their thing. also Ruiz......my word how is David not starting ahead of this guy.....
theres this myth again. i dont even think parker was box to box for chatlton let alone for us at his age.
he loves going forward on his little runs, scored a couple this season already. and he also defends well, puts his body on the line, tracks back.......how is that not a box to box player?

Fulham1959

Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2014, 10:05:38 AM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on November 22, 2014, 10:03:19 AM
Well said, Peabody.

I watched the match on Sky Go and thought our first half performance was abysmal, GK excepted.  Second Half was better though it was undeserved that we took the lead.  Still, football's like that and I hoped that the gods would stay with us.  Unfortunately they didn't.  But I deliberately stayed away from reading reactions last night, other than the Match Thread.

Football teams lose matches.  One week they amaze us.  Another week you wonder if the players have ever met before, have ever trained together, have ever had any football skills.

I notice two of the 'usual suspects' mentioned above.  All this 'Kit not yet ready to manage', 'Kit naive', 'Kit clueless regarding the use of substitutes', etc., is b8ll8cks coming from people who have never been involved in the world of professional football.

Some people need to live in the real world or choose another sport to follow.  Football is an up-and-down world for supporters of 'normal' teams.  Just get used to the frequent lows and occasional highs . . . and for heaven's sake get a sense of proportion.
i was mentioned above, now show me one of my posts where i have said kit isnt ready. just one post

My 'quotes' of what people say were generalised and not specific (hence the 'etc') and were meant to illustrate what the moaners have been saying ever since Kit was appointed.  I'm the 'glass half full' sort, Ben.  Reading your posts over a long period, you're the 'half empty' sort.  So be it . . . and I would never doubt your passion for Fulham.

Fulham1959

Quote from: MrProphet on November 22, 2014, 10:24:03 AM
Well said, Peabody.

I watched the match on Sky Go and thought our first half performance was abysmal, GK excepted.  Second Half was better though it was undeserved that we took the lead.  Still, football's like that and I hoped that the gods would stay with us.  Unfortunately they didn't.  But I deliberately stayed away from reading reactions last night, other than the Match Thread.

Football teams lose matches.  One week they amaze us.  Another week you wonder if the players have ever met before, have ever trained together, have ever had any football skills.

I notice two of the 'usual suspects' mentioned above.  All this 'Kit not yet ready to manage', 'Kit naive', 'Kit clueless regarding the use of substitutes', etc., is b8ll8cks coming from people who have never been involved in the world of professional football.

Some people need to live in the real world or choose another sport to follow.  Football is an up-and-down world for supporters of 'normal' teams.  Just get used to the frequent lows and occasional highs . . . and for heaven's sake get a sense of proportion.

Sense of proportion or having an opinion. I do forget that some usual suspects think you can't have an opinion and the world is always rosy. Why you are there let me ask you what you make of kits substitutions?

Ps you can have an opinion if you aren't an internationaly recognised manager

Substitutions ?  Simple  -  Kit knows more about football and substitutions than I'll ever know  -  and  I trust him to do the right thing.

MrProphet

Quote from: Fulham1959 on November 22, 2014, 11:23:04 AM
Quote from: MrProphet on November 22, 2014, 10:24:03 AM
Well said, Peabody.

I watched the match on Sky Go and thought our first half performance was abysmal, GK excepted.  Second Half was better though it was undeserved that we took the lead.  Still, football's like that and I hoped that the gods would stay with us.  Unfortunately they didn't.  But I deliberately stayed away from reading reactions last night, other than the Match Thread.

Football teams lose matches.  One week they amaze us.  Another week you wonder if the players have ever met before, have ever trained together, have ever had any football skills.

I notice two of the 'usual suspects' mentioned above.  All this 'Kit not yet ready to manage', 'Kit naive', 'Kit clueless regarding the use of substitutes', etc., is b8ll8cks coming from people who have never been involved in the world of professional football.

Some people need to live in the real world or choose another sport to follow.  Football is an up-and-down world for supporters of 'normal' teams.  Just get used to the frequent lows and occasional highs . . . and for heaven's sake get a sense of proportion.

Sense of proportion or having an opinion. I do forget that some usual suspects think you can't have an opinion and the world is always rosy. Why you are there let me ask you what you make of kits substitutions?

Ps you can have an opinion if you aren't an internationaly recognised manager

Substitutions ?  Simple  -  Kit knows more about football and substitutions than I'll ever know  -  and  I trust him to do the right thing.

Trust has nothing to do with it I'm asking your opinion on the substitutions he has made?

He ll know more then I ever will but that doesn't stop me having an opinion on it. If things are never questioned and critiqued then you never improve and he needs to improve. Not saying he won't and i believe he is the best man for the job. 

Tony

Quote from: PokerMatt on November 22, 2014, 10:30:19 AM
Quote from: Tony on November 22, 2014, 10:27:09 AM
Quote from: Peabody on November 22, 2014, 09:26:06 AM
Let's have a reality check. Firstly, I was out for the night and did not know the result until I got home. However, some of the reaction on here is hysterical. With some of you not quite saying it but hinting, that we need yet another managerial change. That would be our fourth manager in a year. That really creates stability, does'nt it?

So, we lost a game of football and apparently did not play well. Can anyone show me were it is written that we have to play well and win every game?

We are all aware that this is a work in progress, are we not? Well, if that is the case, the first thing we need is a degree or two of stability and whilst I accept, that some of you were expressing doubts about Kits suitability for the job. The vast majority of us were saying he was the right appointment. Well, let's stick to that and allow him the time to see were he gets us.
Well said Peabody.
The management, the players, the fans should want to win every game, but in the real world, teams that are near the top playing at home will beat teams near the bottom.
When we finished 7th in the premiership our away record was won 3, drew 8, lost 8 which is not that impressive.
So I would not despair yet. By all means set the bar high (otherwise what is the point of jumping), but lets reserve judgement until the end of the season.
Then we can ask, "have we made good progress", "have we got the the right manager", etc

With respect, if judgement was reserved until the end of the season there'd be little point having a forum to discuss Fulham.

I'm a Kit supporter, but at the same time see a lot of things that he needs to improve on if we're going to get better. I've yet to see him address any of them, so that's a concern for me. Doesn't mean I don't have faith in him. It also doesn't mean things are either perfect or disastrous, there's plenty in the middle.
I guess your right. It would be boring if no one posted anything until the end of the season!!!
But Fergie needed a season or two, and Pardew was top favourite for the chop recently but they are now 8th, and West Ham fans were not happy last year but they are flying high.
I am just making a plea for the fans to make a judgement over a longer period of time than 8 or 9 matches.

Bedford White

In my view we've definitely turned a corner with Kit at the helm. Clearly he's inherited Magath's team, a team that lacked any passion, any coordination and was seemingly destined for the drop.

The road ahead is far from bump free, losing to a Brentford team who were clearly up for getting one over their neighbours and played better on the night is a bitter pill to swallow. But perhaps this loss will galvanise the team. Kit will be able to bring players in and let go of those which need to go.
Only then will we be able to judge our new manager and his team.

We're not going to reach the play offs which is probably for the best, but maybe next season we can really go for it.

fulhamben

Quote from: Zu-Meister on November 22, 2014, 11:08:57 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on November 22, 2014, 10:26:53 AM
Quote from: Zu-Meister on November 22, 2014, 10:24:15 AM
the issue lies with Kit refusing to have a holding midfield player to protect the back four. Both parker and christensen are brilliant box to box players, but need someone behind to hold, allowing them to freedom to do their thing. also Ruiz......my word how is David not starting ahead of this guy.....
theres this myth again. i dont even think parker was box to box for chatlton let alone for us at his age.
he loves going forward on his little runs, scored a couple this season already. and he also defends well, puts his body on the line, tracks back.......how is that not a box to box player?
yes, every now and then. It's a different kettle of fish when you have to push up for every attack and get back every time you lose it. Sidwell could do it, although his passing lacked a little, as did his ability to carry the ball. Murthy could do it when he first joined but as he got older he sat further and further back because you just can't do it forever.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Martinsback

I think the team, the club and all the supporters are just fine. I love you all and love everything. Its a wonderful life.

Baszab

we don't have any other defensive midfield players - and you know who is to blame

fulhamben

Quote from: Baszab on November 22, 2014, 03:14:58 PM
we don't have any other defensive midfield players - and you know who is to blame
i would seriously try the kid is it sambou from the 21s, or isn't tunic life back. He fdid a job at Man U

fulhamben

Baszab

"who is to blame"= FM of course

colinwhite

The fact that kit has had to play zverotic for the last few games speaks volumes about our weaknesses. Im pretty sure that our manager doesn't rate him any more than any of us , but clearly has no alternatives that he believes in . The same can be said of Williams , who has promise , but won't be playing once Amorbietta is fit again . Kit is trying to build his side around our experienced players and those not in our match day squad rant going to be any time soon . I believe Kit probably will want to be bring in a good few experienced players in January .
I don't believe our game plan is to play long , but we lack strength in our midfield . We need a strong physical , quality defensive midfielder . Thats not having ago at scott parker but he is not that type of player . Until we get that we are going to struggle on occasions away from home .

fulhamben

Quote from: colinwhite on November 22, 2014, 07:29:29 PM
The fact that kit has had to play zverotic for the last few games speaks volumes about our weaknesses. Im pretty sure that our manager doesn't rate him any more than any of us , but clearly has no alternatives that he believes in . The same can be said of Williams , who has promise , but won't be playing once Amorbietta is fit again . Kit is trying to build his side around our experienced players and those not in our match day squad rant going to be any time soon . I believe Kit probably will want to be bring in a good few experienced players in January .
I don't believe our game plan is to play long , but we lack strength in our midfield . We need a strong physical , quality defensive midfielder . Thats not having ago at scott parker but he is not that type of player . Until we get that we are going to struggle on occasions away from home .
id still have williams over staff at left mid