News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If you could improve craven cottage this summer, what would you do ?

Started by manxman, July 01, 2010, 06:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

Did this to try and take my mind of hodgson.

I would fill in the corners from the hammersmith to riverside and putney to riverside. House the away fans in the JH stand, closest to the hammersmith end. Make the roof on the JH stand look nicer (new tiles or something). Also maybe make the Hammersmith roof support itself (no pillers)

Thats alot of improvements  :015: but what would you do ?
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

The Equalizer

You can't get rid of the Green Pole mate. That'd be the end of Fulham as we know it.

I'd improve the toilets, massively improve the catering and drop the price of beer. The rest of it can stay as it is, unless we can squeeze a few more thou in the Putney end.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

LBNo11

...you cannot fill in the corners manxman, it would affect the way the air currents move on the Thames and the local sailing club have consistently fought FFC over any such plans. If the Green Pole ever has to go, they should replace it with a hologram, but as Eq says it holds a symbolic place in our history...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

manxman

a local sailing club that sucks, do one. Ok sorry keep the green pole  :048:

could we possibly extend the back of the hammy end, with out disturbing the green pole, or some local business ?  (not avin a go)
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

ron

Without a doubt, the improvement I would choose, planners and local nimby's permitting, would be to install a new roof on the JH,still featuring the famous central gable, but using a steel framing and cantilever roof. This would allow an extra level, and removal of the 13 stanchions on the front......plus a chance to rehash the catering turnstiles and toilets beneath. The listed and elegant brick elevation facing Stevenage Road would remain.

boxhockcycsock

This has been discussed before, but if it were possible through all the avenues of city permits and environmental approvals, etc...

I'd install undersoil heating.  :045:
Time is blind.
Make sure in the parking lot of life, you do not take it's handicapped spot because then you'll be occupying time's space, the ticket for which is being thrown into a wormhole.

The Equalizer

Quote from: boxhockcycsock on July 04, 2010, 12:51:15 PM
This has been discussed before, but if it were possible through all the avenues of city permits and environmental approvals, etc...

Durrr... we've just done that!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Fletchino

a new roof on the jh is going to happen next summer
:54: :54:
i belive the club still have planing permission to fill in the 3 corners and the boxes on the riverside stand up to 30000  this was going to be done a few summers back but as we stayed up on the last day of the season there would have been no need in the championship and it was to late to arrange builders blab blab blab

FatFreddysCat

Leave the bloody Stevenage Rd stand alone, the roof is part of our history, just stick the Enclosure back in there and i'd be the first to get a season ticket.

BarryP

The one and only change I could suggest to enhance the Cottage would be to put me inside it multiple times next season.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Steve_orino

Quote from: FLETCHINO on July 04, 2010, 02:27:06 PM
i belive the club still have planing permission to fill in the 3 corners and the boxes on the riverside stand up to 30000  this was going to be done a few summers back but as we stayed up on the last day of the season there would have been no need in the championship and it was to late to arrange builders blab blab blab

Don't believe without a link...err...I mean, Welcome to the Board!!!

How are you aware of this "insider" information?
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

watfordwhite

I'd install undersoil heating.[/size]  :045:
[/quote]

Done mate, The under soil heating has been installed this summer. I'm also tring to improve the lighting in the lounges, starting with the trophy lounge. The only other thing that needs doing is move the away surport to the Riverside/ Putney corner and improve/ inlargen the riverside stand (2 tirer). :048:

watfordwhite

Quote from: Steve_orino on July 04, 2010, 07:17:37 PM

Don't believe without a link...err...I mean, Welcome to the Board!!!

How are you aware of this "insider" information?

You are quite correct, the club stil have planning to do this. Sorry no link!!!!!!!!! :59:

Tom

This is great news and welcome to the board!   :54:
Fulham for life!

Tom

I think it would be a good idea to add a big video screen at each end of the pitch.   :045:
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: BarryP on July 04, 2010, 07:14:54 PM
The one and only change I could suggest to enhance the Cottage would be to put me inside it multiple times next season.
I would like that for myself as well.
Fulham for life!

Burt

Not anything structural, but as with the Euro games last season have the away fans to one end of the JH stand, and the Putney end all Fulham...

Dugliss

Quote from: Burt on July 04, 2010, 09:54:43 PM
Not anything structural, but as with the Euro games last season have the away fans to one end of the JH stand, and the Putney end all Fulham...

Sounds great but not sure if we have enough regular attendants to fill up the Putney End every game. I`d hate to move the away fans and then they fill up all the neutral seats in the putney too

boxhockcycsock

Quote from: The Equalizer on July 04, 2010, 01:59:46 PM
Quote from: boxhockcycsock on July 04, 2010, 12:51:15 PM

Durrr... we've just done that!

:dft001: Sorry! It was only posted to the offal on the 7th, so I didn't know. It was posted here on June 13th though, so I should have seen it.
Time is blind.
Make sure in the parking lot of life, you do not take it's handicapped spot because then you'll be occupying time's space, the ticket for which is being thrown into a wormhole.

VicHalomsLovechild