A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your Honest Opinion

Started by AUSFFC, November 27, 2014, 03:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leaving out the pain of Magath, I just wanted to get everyones honest opinion on our season since Kit has taken charge!

Excellent
Great
Good
Average
Poor
Horrible

westcliff white

Quote from: Holders on November 27, 2014, 11:23:42 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on November 27, 2014, 11:21:44 AM
agree holders that would be nice to know. I am thinking maybe Kaca and or Tunni
'

I agree about those two and was wondering about Mitro as well?
I make you right on that he would have been nice to have around fully fit, which he has looked out in greece
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 27, 2014, 11:29:58 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 27, 2014, 11:10:04 AM
Quote from: MJG on November 27, 2014, 10:22:13 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on November 27, 2014, 10:17:54 AM
Quote from: MJG on November 27, 2014, 09:54:15 AM
Dont know how playoff form over his 11 league games is average but everyone to their own.

I don't know how losing to Brentford can be considered anything higher than average but each to their own.
Question was not about one game but since he took over. But each to their own on how they wish to interpret that question.

I don't know why "each to their own" has been said 3 times already but each to their own.

Technically it's twice as the first time he said 'everyone to their own'.

Im happy with kit, just not happy at league standing and a few dodgy results. probably slighted by teh fact I'm still perplexed how poorly the clubs been ran for the last few years.

Yes I would go along with that. Happy that we have turned from a position of complete failure. But not fooled into thinking we are not still fighting in a relegation battle.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FPT

I went for good, especially if you're comparing it to the time before him; however, I still think there's improvements to be made, especially defensively and consistency in the midfield in terms of ball retention and creativity; however, 13 games played, 6 wins, 3 draws... Considering the start of our season, I don't think we can be picky really and say performances haven't been good; they've been ok and we're picking up points... Whereas under the other manager, we were playing ok-good most of the time, but still lose.

All in all, we've improved, but hit somewhat of a snatch performance wise. I trust Kit can get the boys back on track, especially after a window or two and we should be in a good position to compete next season.

snarks

I put good as the results have been better than average, and so have some of the performances.

When you consider where Blackburn are in the league, the fact that it was Kit's first game, Hutch was sent of 1st half and Fulham lost 1-0 to a goal that had elements of luck in the build up, then the improvement in that game and from then on in attitude and desire is almost beyond measure.

If someone had indicated where Fulham would be now, compared to after 8 games, I would have laughed in their face. I was confident League 1 was beckoning under McGath

premFlem

I voted good I don't think any of the other contenders for the job could have done any better.
If we are to make a genuine bid for promotion next season we need to start buying and loaning now, there's no point in waiting until this season ends and waste the first part of next season gelling.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 27, 2014, 11:37:34 AM
Dont know how playoff form over his 11 league games is average but everyone to their own.

I don't know how losing to Brentford can be considered anything higher than average but each to their own.
Question was not about one game but since he took over. But each to their own on how they wish to interpret that question.

I don't know why "each to their own" has been said 3 times already but each to their own.

Im happy with kit, just not happy at league standing and a few dodgy results. probably slighted by teh fact I'm still perplexed how poorly the clubs been ran for the last few years.

Yes I would go along with that. Happy that we have turned from a position of complete failure. But not fooled into thinking we are not still fighting in a relegation battle.

Well spotted but technically I was the third anyway. So it is 3. I didn't say MJG first post said each to their own, admittedly it's what I meant but I still made it 3.

But it's how you interpret it. Each to their own I guess
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Craven Mad

I said a several weeks ago that I've been pleased with the turnaround in results but disappointed by performances.

Nothing lately has changed my view, but results - and performances - have been worsening.

We've had some long-overdue luck in recent weeks, but if Kit can't pull the defence and midfield together I'm concerned that results will slip further.

I voted "average".

CottagersOnTour

"Good" for me, I think Kit's been slightly above average on the whole.

FFC1987

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on November 27, 2014, 12:23:13 PM

Well spotted but technically I was the third anyway. So it is 3. I didn't say MJG first post said each to their own, admittedly it's what I meant but I still made it 3.

But it's how you interpret it. Each to their own I guess

Touche! @each to their own' is now trending.

fulhamben

i voted good as there is still way too much that needs improving
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nose

I am totally blown away and astonished and any other term any of you want to use by the grudging acknowledgement of what Kit has done.

Over the years I have been attacked,  seemingly endlessly, for being too negative and moaning and all that, and I still critisise when I disagree with team selection or tactics but overall what Kit has done is miraculous.

From where we were, a team without a backbone, no low on moral, unable to win a game.... he has transformed the squad into a united, happy unit, all working for each other and us, and able to win games. Kit can only work with the players he has available, he cannot make a lop sided, unblanaced set of players into world beaters.

The job he has done as a minimum  would be 'great' and to me even that is far too grudging. I have voted EXCELLENT because that is what it is. And I rate him that high even though he continues to pick ruiz who I wouldn't give house room too. I really don't know what some of you think is possible or even want, but Kit seems to me the right man. Even against brentford and not playing that well he had the team really trying and we clung on and almost got the result.... under jol or magath the team would have given up after 20 minutes.

Since kit has taken charge our season has been excellent, you cannot answer this without understanding where he started from and the shape the team was in when he picked up the reigns.

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 27, 2014, 03:08:10 PM
Quote from: nose on November 27, 2014, 02:51:54 PM
I am totally blown away and astonished and any other term any of you want to use by the grudging acknowledgement of what Kit has done.

Over the years I have been attacked,  seemingly endlessly, for being too negative and moaning and all that, and I still critisise when I disagree with team selection or tactics but overall what Kit has done is miraculous.

From where we were, a team without a backbone, no low on moral, unable to win a game.... he has transformed the squad into a united, happy unit, all working for each other and us, and able to win games. Kit can only work with the players he has available, he cannot make a lop sided, unblanaced set of players into world beaters.

The job he has done as a minimum  would be 'great' and to me even that is far too grudging. I have voted EXCELLENT because that is what it is. And I rate him that high even though he continues to pick ruiz who I wouldn't give house room too. I really don't know what some of you think is possible or even want, but Kit seems to me the right man. Even against brentford and not playing that well he had the team really trying and we clung on and almost got the result.... under jol or magath the team would have given up after 20 minutes.

Since kit has taken charge our season has been excellent, you cannot answer this without understanding where he started from and the shape the team was in when he picked up the reigns.

I do not think anyone who voted would entirely disagree with you, and I personally understand your frustration.
But the question was. " your HONEST opinion " and unless we are living in North Korea, Cuba or Saudia Arabia, that's what the voters have done, it's a democratic process.
Everyone has their own opinions, and can see it differently sometimes.

absolutely agree.
I just feel that the transformation is so tremndous that everybody should be sharing my rose tinted view of the situation. Let's be hones it was a nightmare before kit took over!
It is also that the number of times people have said i am way to critical and negative, so i wanted to share my very positive outlook...... but I will always state if i think we can be better, even with Kit in charge.

next season will be the real test IMO, that is when we will really be able to judge.

But I do agree people must give their honest views.. I was just a bit suprised many are not quite as positive as me.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on November 27, 2014, 04:28:01 AM
I voted great.... He has given me the club I love back, which seemed to disappear for large spells under Magath and before in truth.

Results are improving, and whilst performances still need a bit of tweaking, I am excited by what happens next for Fulham. Where as before I used to dread every week.

We will strengthen in January, and will push up the league slightly.

I did not vote Excellent, as I still think there is room for improvement.

Fantastic assessment, Deano
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

jags24

Over the years I have been attacked,  seemingly endlessly, for being too negative and moaning and all that, and I still critisise when I disagree with team selection or tactics but overall what Kit has done is miraculous.

The job he has done as a minimum  would be 'great' and to me even that is far too grudging. I have voted EXCELLENT because that is what it is. And I rate him that high even though he continues to pick ruiz who I wouldn't give house room too. I really don't know what some of you think is possible or even want, but Kit seems to me the right man. Even against brentford and not playing that well he had the team really trying and we clung on and almost got the result.... under jol or magath the team would have given up after 20 minutes.

I agree, these are excellent points.  However, I voted great because sometimes the performance has been mixed (I haven't been able to watch the matches but have read enough online).  If he had won at Brentford, I would have gone with Excellent.

Now we need to integrate some new players - I think that we can expect some rougher patches over the next month.

jags24

But not fooled into thinking we are not still fighting in a relegation battle.

I agree, yes we have been on a good run of form, but if you look at the table, we are still near the bottom.  As they say, "you are what your record says you are."  Our record doesn't say promotion candidates right now.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Unfortunately Brentford aren't a poor team like they used to be. They're going places and they're actually up there through merit. It pains me to say it as well.

I voted great because, compared to life under Magath and Jol, that's exactly what it's been.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: nose on November 27, 2014, 04:36:14 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 27, 2014, 03:08:10 PM

I do not think anyone who voted would entirely disagree with you, and I personally understand your frustration.
But the question was. " your HONEST opinion " and unless we are living in North Korea, Cuba or Saudia Arabia, that's what the voters have done, it's a democratic process.
Everyone has their own opinions, and can see it differently sometimes.

absolutely agree.
I just feel that the transformation is so tremndous that everybody should be sharing my rose tinted view of the situation. Let's be hones it was a nightmare before kit took over!
It is also that the number of times people have said i am way to critical and negative, so i wanted to share my very positive outlook...... but I will always state if i think we can be better, even with Kit in charge.

next season will be the real test IMO, that is when we will really be able to judge.

But I do agree people must give their honest views.. I was just a bit suprised many are not quite as positive as me.

I am in full agreement with you about the surprise that there are people who so not seem to appreciate the work that Kot had to do to turn round and overcome the mess that was left for him after the previous regime, the way Kit got the players playing for him with commitment. It's a tough and rough Division. And we probably have the youngest and inexperienced squad in the Division, so I am confident that we are going in the right Direction I am sure. We were all dissapointed with Brentford result and performance, but it was a local Derby and away to a on form team. It's a shame that last ten minutes panned out the way it did, but that's football. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

YankeeJim

I voted good. Had we won the last outing I would have said great. That being said, I just don't get the negative nannies that never seem to go away. We are so far above where we were when the Nazi was here. I applaud Mr Nose* for an excellent post. It takes a lot for him to be positive.  :021:

* Not having a go, just teasing.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

FFC1987

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 27, 2014, 07:56:59 PM
I voted good. Had we won the last outing I would have said great. That being said, I just don't get the negative nannies that never seem to go away. We are so far above where we were when the Nazi was here. I applaud Mr Nose* for an excellent post. It takes a lot for him to be positive.  :021:

* Not having a go, just teasing.

I personally don't think anyone saying 'average' is negative, just if we carry on the form, we will be as people described miraculously better which warrants outstanding etc. Good would have been if we beat Brentford for me. It was a big local Derby game and we lost convincingly.

As I stated, I'm really happy with/for Kit but I won't be throwing him accolades until we prove we're better than a relegation dog fight team. We're getting there but theirs still a lot to do which i'm sure kit will prove he's the man to achieve it.

Snibbo

73% think he's doing a Good to Excellent job.

If he was a politician he'd win in a landslide.