https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Smith loaned to Bristol

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, November 27, 2014, 03:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

I think he is better than Dembele at the moment and we should of used him more

Northern Cottager

Awful move for him from Leeds in the first place . I know he was sent off but Kit has proved he has one idea and one only by loaning him out. We play route one football and lump it to McCormack and Rodallega, oh and Ruiz who is the most light weight player the Championship must have ever seen and hope something will stick.

He could have used Smith on so many occasions and he has scored with his feet in friendlies since he arrived. Kit is confusing me with some of these decisions and who he is freezing out.

Ordar

This is a terrible decision. We already dont have a plan B. I hope he does really well there.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Ordar on November 27, 2014, 03:09:18 PM
This is a terrible decision. We already dont have a plan B. I hope he does really well there.

We never had a plan B. Loan out all out wingers or sell them and stock up on pish poor central midfielders or full backs that can run a bit, but can't comfortably defend. The Fulham scouts deserve a pat on the back.

GrahamG

Very strange. The one player who might be worth 'lumping it up' to and he never got a look in under Kit. Hope he does really well at Bristol, although that will probably just mean he gets sold at the first opportunity. Kit certainly doesn't appear to be a chap to change his mind.

Craven Mad

Odd decision.

Kind of nice to see faith being put in the youngsters but, in our position, why send away a player proven in our league and able to gel with Ross, to instead rely on unproven and - by the looks of things - not ready youth players??

Even choosing Dembele over Cauley as our go-to sub is odd.

MikeW

Very odd move:  We spent good money on him and he doesn't get a look in.  It's the youngsters who should be out on loan - many are clearly not up to the Championship (physically) yet Smith looks the part.  As I say, odd.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

nose

clearly kit does not rate him and woodrow and dembele are his preference. he may even have another player lined up for all we know.
However i cannot comment on how good smith is because i never saw him play, but we doing OK without him.

MJG

Surplus to requirements as they say.
McCormack
Hugo
Woodrow
Dembele
And then also
Ruiz
Roberts,  even Williams can play in a front two.

Toby Ward-Smith

Quote from: MJG on November 27, 2014, 05:00:22 PM
Surplus to requirements as they say.
McCormack
Hugo
Woodrow
Dembele
And then also
Ruiz
Roberts,  even Williams can play in a front two.

I get where your coming from but I feel that he offers something different up top if needed compared to the rest and I think he offers more at the moment then Dembele as Moussa doesn't seem ready for championship football yet. He probably should of been the player loaned out.

MJG

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on November 27, 2014, 05:12:38 PM
Quote from: MJG on November 27, 2014, 05:00:22 PMSurplus to requirements as they say.
McCormack
Hugo
Woodrow
Dembele
And then also
Ruiz
Roberts,  even Williams can play in a front two.

I get where your coming from but I feel that he offers something different up top if needed compared to the rest and I think he offers more at the moment then Dembele as Moussa doesn't seem ready for championship football yet. He probably should of been the player loaned out.
I'm quite comfortable with those first four being in the 18 every game and rotating games if needed.
Dembele is getting stronger and more confident every game he plays and I'd rather he was doing it here where we can keep an eye on him.

Baszab

Smith = surplus to our requirements - let's trust our management team to be right with Smith - he must have not fitted in at all

Ordar

We play long hoofball as our main offensive tactic, so naturally the obvious thing to do was to not play and then loan out the only forward we had that could actually benefit from this primitive tactic from 1988

Mince n Tatties

Strange decision, obvious Kit dont like the lad..

MJG

I have no evidence for it but I reckon his attitude was not right.
I mean that's the reason a lot of you give David's absence from the squad.

The Bronsons

I don't understand this decision, at all, especially as Smith hasn't been given a sniff of a chance to revive a very successful partnership with McCormack.

cmg

Matt Smith is a Category One Forum Favourite: he has hardly played, few have ever seen him and he is now going to play for someone else.

Anyway, good luck to him. I'll be interested to see how he fares in League 1 in comparison to Trotta.

I'm reliably informed that he was the get away driver the night David burned down Kit's Alsatian's kennel.

MJG

Quote from: cmg on November 27, 2014, 06:06:57 PM

I'm reliably informed that he was the get away driver the night David burned down Kit's Alsatian's kennel.
Fotheringham,  Fazlic and Chihi were also in on it I have been reliably informed.

jags24

Surprising, but we've been scoring a lot of goals, so it's hard to criticize it.  One less forward means more opportunity to give our young forwards time on the pitch.  As mentioned, Ruiz can play forward and did well there during the WC.  So this doesn't concern me much.

One thing I will say is that we play a narrow formation so I guess we're not relying on crossing the ball much, if Smith's key skill is heading in crosses, maybe he is not a good fit.

jags24

Quote from: Northern Cottager on November 27, 2014, 03:05:15 PM
Awful move for him from Leeds in the first place . I know he was sent off but Kit has proved he has one idea and one only by loaning him out. We play route one football and lump it to McCormack and Rodallega, oh and Ruiz who is the most light weight player the Championship must have ever seen and hope something will stick.

He could have used Smith on so many occasions and he has scored with his feet in friendlies since he arrived. Kit is confusing me with some of these decisions and who he is freezing out.

What it does show is that the manager who buys you is really the one who most believes in you.  Smith had some bad luck as Magath lasting such a short period of time.