watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Smith loaned to Bristol

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, November 27, 2014, 03:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

I hope he does well also and proceeds with his career as a one-season wonder. We have several strikers who are NOT as one-dimensional as he is. Woodrow should be the #1 off the bench now. Smith was never anything special. Turn the page.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

gerrys

Quote from: MJG on November 27, 2014, 05:00:22 PM
Surplus to requirements as they say.
McCormack
Hugo
Woodrow
Dembele
And then also
Ruiz
Roberts,  even Williams can play in a front two.
And Taggart back training.....

Pluto

Stupid decision. First David frozen out now Smith. Give the lad a chance. The fact he wasn't brought on against Blackpool was a disgrace. No faith in Kit at all. The man is as naive as they come.

MJG

Ahhh the frozen out comment.
If Smith was brought into the matchday squad and say Woodrow was left out would he be classed as frozen out?

Artful Dodger

Good decision really. With Smith on the pitch the back four just look to go long as a first option and we may as well play 4-0-6. I think Kit is trying to encourage us to play football first and only go long if nothing is on......unfortunately, we are not very good at it and so we go long more often than we would like. At least with Hugo, he will try and get behind the back four and turn the defenders - Smith is just a big lad and is not so mobile.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

@jolslover

Quote from: Artful Dodger on November 27, 2014, 11:00:34 PM
Good decision really. With Smith on the pitch the back four just look to go long as a first option and we may as well play 4-0-6. I think Kit is trying to encourage us to play football first and only go long if nothing is on......unfortunately, we are not very good at it and so we go long more often than we would like. At least with Hugo, he will try and get behind the back four and turn the defenders - Smith is just a big lad and is not so mobile.

+1 agree
STH H3

Pickle

Quote from: MJG link=quote author=MJG link=topic=44191.msg611399#msg611399 date=1417112251]
[quote author=
Quote from: MJG on November 27, 2014, 06:17:31 PM
Quote from: cmg on November 27, 2014, 06:06:57 PM

I'm reliably informed that he was the get away driver the night David burned down Kit's Alsatian's kennel.
Fotheringham,  Fazlic and Chihi were also in on it I have been reliably informed.

I'm reliably informed that he was the get away driver the night David burned down Kit's Alsatian's kennel.
Fotheringham,  Fazlic and Chihi were also in on it I have been reliably informed.
[/quote]topic=44191.msg611399#msg611399 date=1417112251]
Quote from: cmg on November 27, 2014, 06:06:57 PM

[/quote]

Shame they weren't in it

ChesterTheTabby

I think, once fully fit and if he stays injury free, Taggart could be a dark horse as our new starting striker (if Rodders is to be dropped at any point). I have no evidence to prove it, other than what my Aussie mates say, what I say in the WC, and how his videos portray him. Smith was tall - that's about it from I know of him. He did score a number of goals last year though...
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Deanothefulhamfan

Has the messageboard gone into meltdown..... wow some of the comments I am reading today are crazy beyond belief.

January is fast approaching, and I am certain Smith will be replaced if necessary. I use this term if necessary, as we are scoring a bucket load of goals and this is an area which Smith has had no impact on.... We never Should have signed him as we had Trotta in our Squad who imo deserved a chance more than Smith did, and I would argue is a better player.

In Kit I trust

Mince n Tatties

Now youve gone into meltdown Deano :005:, Trotta not near as good as Smith Im afraid as all
the managers he been under here have not rated him.
My arguement in Smiths favour (not saying he should be in side)
but should be back up on bench to come on as its proven what his partnership
with Ross can reap.Dont get paying  half a million for a player and not giving
him a chance.
But like you say in Kit we trust, the boy who has come from City looks the
Part..... 049:gif

Deanothefulhamfan

There is a reason why Smith and Perhaps Trotta are out on loan to a league one side.... Both are probably not quite championship level.

Trotta and Smith are in the same league so we can compare each player form this point on, one is playing for a top side in the league and the other is playing for a mid table side, but I still maintain that Trotta is a better option than Smith would have been, and is another who has simply not been given a chance.

Either way I am not fussed in the slightest with Smith going out on loan...

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on November 28, 2014, 06:38:31 AM
There is a reason why Smith and Perhaps Trotta are out on loan to a league one side.... Both are probably not quite championship level.

Trotta and Smith are in the same league so we can compare each player form this point on, one is playing for a top side in the league and the other is playing for a mid table side, but I still maintain that Trotta is a better option than Smith would have been, and is another who has simply not been given a chance.

Either way I am not fussed in the slightest with Smith going out on loan...

We want even be talking about it Bud If we thrash The
Seagulls tomorrow. .Coyw..

Peppo

He must have been terrible in training. Maybe there was something personal going on.

Delboy

I believe the loan is only for a month, given that Smith hasn't played much at all this season this may be a good chance for him to get match fit, which is possibly Kits goal for him. Four or five games for Bristol, score a few goals hopefully and come back fitter. Lets see before shooting Kit.

TonyGilroy

I wouldn't get too excited by loans in or out.

If our guys do well on loan then we can take them back. A Man City kid might stay with us for the rest of the season but the better he is the less chance that he'll stay. I have a hunch that Tunnicliffe is coming back in January with a view to a first team future with us.

Come January I want us to buy in 2 or 3 Championship ready, experienced but not elderly, defensive players to build next season's team around.

There must be players who we can't get on loan but whose cash strapped clubs would let go in January IF we're willing to pay over the odds.

That is the really big unknown.

cmg

It may possibly be true that, as has been stated in this thread, Trotta is 'not near as good as Smith'.

Perhaps the answer will become clearer in the fullness of time.

The fact of the matter is that both have up to now played a similar number of League 1 games, with the following outcome:

Smith (age 25)  played 61     goals  9  (asst. 4)    min/goal 264
Trotta (age 22)  played 68     goals 27  (asst. 6)   min/goal 160

Trotta has consistently been a member of Italy national squads up to and including u21 for whom he has scored 3 in 5 games.
I am not aware that Smith has ever been of interest at any national level.

Smith does have a better record at Championship level, where Trotta has never played, than at League 1.

TonyGilroy

Rightly or wrongly both Trotta and Smith are too far down our pecking order to get game time.

That might change if they do well whilst out on loan.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: cmg on November 28, 2014, 12:47:27 PM

It may possibly be true that, as has been stated in this thread, Trotta is 'not near as good as Smith'.

Perhaps the answer will become clearer in the fullness of time.

The fact of the matter is that both have up to now played a similar number of League 1 games, with the following outcome:

Smith (age 25)  played 61     goals  9  (asst. 4)    min/goal 264
Trotta (age 22)  played 68     goals 27  (asst. 6)   min/goal 160

Trotta has consistently been a member of Italy national squads up to and including u21 for whom he has scored 3 in 5 games.
I am not aware that Smith has ever been of interest at any national level.

Smith does have a better record at Championship level, where Trotta has never played, than at League 1.

Smith 14 in the Championship and numerous assists to our own
Ross...

GrahamG

Waste of time comparing Smith with Trotta. Obviously neither of them rated by 'fans favourite' Kit Symons. I think Kit is looking very much like a Chris Coleman type manager and that doesn't fill me with confidence.

davew

Quote from: GrahamG on November 28, 2014, 09:57:34 PM
Waste of time comparing Smith with Trotta. Obviously neither of them rated by 'fans favourite' Kit Symons. I think Kit is looking very much like a Chris Coleman type manager and that doesn't fill me with confidence.
Agreed, so we buy the most potent strike force in the Championship from last season, never really played them together this season, play Ross in an assist roll this season and then lend out Smith, this club's management has no idea, logic defies most of the recent decisions. Look forward to playing Peterboro next year! Am I a happy supporter after watching this club for sooooooooooooo many years no, I am not!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)