watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Smith loaned to Bristol

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, November 27, 2014, 03:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

All these statistics being quoted, so how has Hugo performed since he has been with us? Come on you stat boffins!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Forever Fulham

A lot of us, me included, haven't seen enough of Smith to have an opinion one way or the other.  I back Kit until he's proven wrong here.

Skatzoffc

Not sure of the op comments about him being better than Dembele. Not on his showings
so far anyway.

I assume something has happened on the training ground to explain his omission from the team.
Let's give Kit the benefit of knowing  what's required at the mo.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Andy S

This is all speculation. The lad may have asked to go on loan in order to get some experience

HatterDon

Smith is nothing special. He's nothing we need. Woodrow is better at the physical/holding/laying off game and he's only a baby. I can't believe Smith has such a huge amen choir on here. He has done absolutely nothing of note for us other than getting sent off in his debut.

As my late father-in-law used to say, "It would be a boring old world if we all thought the same," but elevating a one-season 2nd tier wonder to sainthood is more than just a little bit strange.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cmg

Quote from: davew on November 28, 2014, 10:50:53 PM
All these statistics being quoted, so how has Hugo performed since he has been with us? Come on you stat boffins!

Stats are a bit like a box of matches - can be illuminating but can also be dangerous if used without care.

I listed the Smith/Trotta figures because they had played a similar number of Lg1 games which made for a decent basis of comparison. The numbers don't prove anything [Smith, for instance, although three years older, was definitely a late starter and therefore may have improved more rapidly than Trotta]. I supplied the figures to back up my opinion that it was rash to assert that Smith was definitely a better player than Trotta. Smith's improved strike rate when playing in the Championship may give weight to the idea that he has improved more rapidly than Trotta, although, naturally, a 22 year old should have more scope than a 25 year old. Trotta has never played in the Ch., so there is no basis of comparison there.

The Hugo stats are quite easy to come by. They are:

Prem - p153 g29  m/g369     (for Fulham p42 g5  m/g429)
Ch.   -  p13  g7    m/g154

I don't think that tells us much. We could probably have guessed that goals are easier to come by in the Championship and, let's face it he was playing for some pretty ropey sides! In any case, 13 games is not really a big enough number to rely too heavily on.

Bryan Ruiz has played 80 games in the PL and 79 in the Eridivisie.
P/L  g9     m/g604
Er   g40    m/g165

You've only got to view the defences in any Dutch league match to know how much easier it is to score than in the PL, but. of course, Bryan's numbers are affected by the way he was used and the comparative standards of the teams he was playing for.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: HatterDon on November 29, 2014, 04:15:16 AM
Smith is nothing special. He's nothing we need. Woodrow is better at the physical/holding/laying off game and he's only a baby. I can't believe Smith has such a huge amen choir on here. He has done absolutely nothing of note for us other than getting sent off in his debut.

As my late father-in-law used to say, "It would be a boring old world if we all thought the same," but elevating a one-season 2nd tier wonder to sainthood is more than just a little bit strange.

Where has anyone made out that he is someone special, more like a lot
are confused because they think he is a good option to have on bench.
As for doing nothing well he cant if he never plays can he?
But Kit is the Boss and we have to trust him..Coyw

Jamie88

Well, he didn't even start for Bristol last night - came on after 83 minutes when they were already 2 or 3 up