watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham, Fulham, Fulham

Started by General, November 28, 2014, 05:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

I thought it was just Darren Bent who had made the move over...

Then I realised Stockdale had moved over at the beginning of the season and his goalkeeping coach there is none other than Antti Niemi.

Then, they kindly pointed out that Aaron Hughes is at the club..

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/brighton-hove-albion-fulham-inside-seagull-2109947.aspx

Seems like the programme is going to be more insightful to us as Fulham fans about our club and ex players than it will be informative about Brighton.

When was the last time the links had been this strong between us and a club and over such a period to encompass a youth(ish) player, an established stalwart (if you can call Hughes that) and Bent an also-ran, but an retired keeper of ours on their coaching staff.

copthornemike

Quote from: General on November 28, 2014, 05:10:05 PM

I thought it was just Darren Bent who had made the move over...

Then I realised Stockdale had moved over at the beginning of the season and his goalkeeping coach there is none other than Antti Niemi.

Then, they kindly pointed out that Aaron Hughes is at the club..

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/brighton-hove-albion-fulham-inside-seagull-2109947.aspx

Seems like the programme is going to be more insightful to us as Fulham fans about our club and ex players than it will be informative about Brighton.

When was the last time the links had been this strong between us and a club and over such a period to encompass a youth(ish) player, an established stalwart (if you can call Hughes that) and Bent an also-ran, but an retired keeper of ours on their coaching staff.

I think you only have to look back to QPR - Zamora, Johnson and a certain ex Fulham manager! 

Lighthouse

There always seems to be a few connections. Living down in Brighton I always felt the poor relation until Fulham began to turn the tables around. I can remember Digweed and Maybank going there and we had the odd Brighton player. Plus managers and ex players etc.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cusackdribble

I think our ex-defender Paul Watson is also a physio there now

Peabody

We got the one and only,the great Jimmy Langley from Brighton. Also, did not Micky Adams take a few with him?

filham

In the old, old days we took the magnificent Jim Langley from Brighton and they have been trying to restore the balance ever since.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

We all like to be beside the seaside.....

I know I do. Love living in Brighton, wouldn't move back to London for anything.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

hovewhite

Love london,but brighton is great ,hove (actually) is better still.

Southcoastffc

And they even have our ex-Doctor, Stephen Lewis!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bog

Is not Aaron Hughes there also.

092.gif

jms

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on November 28, 2014, 07:08:45 PM
We all like to be beside the seaside.....

I know I do. Love living in Brighton, wouldn't move back to London for anything.

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

Whatever the score tomorrow...Brighton V FFC is a very special fixture for many Fulham fans

bog

Alan Mullery enjoyed some managerial success there also.

092.gif

Shredhead

I had no idea Lighthouse and BigBadBillyMckinly lived here as well. Mullery is usually at the Brighton home games - I've got a mate who is a chef in the VIP restaurant at the Amex and has a chat with him every game.
JMS - send us a text when you get to the pub and I'll do likewise. Probably head for the Nelson backroom where the Marathonbet bash was around noon.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

ffc73

Peter O'Sullivan came from Brighton for a season and was instrumental in the 81/82 promotion side.  Best free transfer we ever had.

Until Ray Houghton came from WHU on a free the following summer to replace him