more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Darren Bent

Started by MikeW, November 28, 2014, 05:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

From the BBC web site:

Darren Bent says he joined Championship side Brighton on loan from Aston Villa because "there are only so many slaps in the face you can take".

The 30-year-old striker joined Villa from Sunderland for an initial £18m in January 2011, but since Paul Lambert became manager in 2012 he has made just 13 Premier League appearances for them.

Bent, who has 13 England caps, spent last season on loan at Fulham.

"I just want to play and I'd reached my boiling point," he told BBC Sussex.

From Mike W: Footballer living in a bubble?  Daz, if you ever tried or stopped living on your very few past glories you might get some sympathy.

What price he shafts us with a shinner tomorrow or 1 yard knock in?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

ChesterTheTabby

He is delusional of his own abilities at this point in his career - that being said, he'll score tomorrow.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

leonffc

Saw the interview and I thought it was refreshing to see a football be honest for once.
He said what he said without sounding disrespectful or spiteful to Lambert, who he referred to as Paul which sounded 'friendly'

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Like Magath relied on past glories to earn a wage, Bent has been doing the same for many, many years. Good luck to him for pulling the wool over Hyypias eyes and anyone who pays him 10s of thousands of pounds a week. We'd all do it if we had the opportunity.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Woolly Mammoth

Darren Bent ? Never heard of him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ScalleysDad

What was it he said about being hungry, nay starving for goals when he signed for us. Did'nt work up much of an appetite though and at times made even Berbatov and Mitroglu look like box to box demons.

Anyway when he scores tomorrow I'm off in the Landrover where the sound of my wailing cannot be heard.

ffc73

If anyone is going to score today it will be Darren Bent.  First game for new club & game against a previous club.  Nailed on certainty........

alfie

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on November 28, 2014, 07:04:08 PM
Like Magath relied on past glories to earn a wage, Bent has been doing the same for many, many years. Good luck to him for pulling the wool over Hyypias eyes and anyone who pays him 10s of thousands of pounds a week. We'd all do it if we had the opportunity.

relied on past glories to earn a wage

Well does that not apply to most people when applying/getting new employment, that was why Magath was appointed because of what he had achieved, ok did not work for us but it could have.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't