watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Time to prove that you are the right manager for Fulham Kit

Started by The Swan, November 28, 2014, 08:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

This is a big test for you Kit. You have done well so far but now we must start to win these winnable away games.
We must beat Brighton to put distance between us .I am so sorry that you let Matt Smith go out on loan to Bristol City and yet you could not get a good centre half in on loan.
The Swan

shnlwswlkr

What ever happens under his reign, he has already been successful. He has got Fulham feeling like Fulham again.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

HatterDon

I share your anger. Kit must be the only manager who can rid his club of an unused striker and not replace him with a top drawer on-loan center half. And it is most definite that if we can't win an away match in late November, the manager is NOT right for us.

fp.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

GrahamG

Actually Hatterdon - Although you don't mean it - your message as written is 100% correct.

SouthWest6

He's right in some ways though, the honeymoon is now over, and we now need to start grinding out results to distance ourselves from the bottom. Yes, the feel good factor is back, but we're still playing pretty woeful football at time and loss against Brighton, then against Watford at home, could have us looking at things slightly different.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: HatterDon on November 28, 2014, 09:17:19 PM
I share your anger. Kit must be the only manager who can rid his club of an unused striker and not replace him with a top drawer on-loan center half. And it is most definite that if we can't win an away match in late November, the manager is NOT right for us.

fp.gif

064.gif
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Fulham76

Little chance of us picking up 3 points tomorrow if we continue to give the ball away at every opportunity with this horrible long ball team we've become, especially away from home.
I like Kit & hope he stays long term but we're in the results business & hoof ball is so old fashioned & easy to play against & will see him out of a job sooner rather than later.

Scrumpy

It just seems way too early to me to be laying down ultimatums to our new Manager.

Jeez  fp.gif

If he loses, should we sack him and ask for another?  fp.gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

SouthWest6

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 28, 2014, 09:54:16 PM
It just seems way too early to me to be laying down ultimatums to our new Manager.

Jeez  fp.gif

If we lose again and play the way we did against Brentford going into Watford, aren't you at least go to question him?

Northern Cottager

Even results aside, we look pretty awful from the back up to only flashes of decency in the front three. We're unbalanced and have one plan, as soon as we come up against a physical side were done for or a side with pace on the wings as we don't have the midfield cover out wide.

Considering results, we've beaten really poor sides, one decent side, drawn against other poor sides and been beaten by teams Wed expect to challenge against.

He's also had time to bring in some loans and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that were we are geographically and who we are that other clubs wouldn't see us as a benefit for their fringe players to come too for a few months.

The honeymoon as someone said earlier is most defientely over and getting beat, drawing or scoring two is no longer good enough week in week out to keep him idolized as a shoe in for success. He's done alright but the fixtures have , in my opinion, favoured him and even in wins we've looked not so great.

jags24

I don't see how one can say he's only done alright considering the record he's had.  But I do agree that the club is in for an uphill battle.  The key is just not to get relegated.

SouthWest6

Quote from: jags24 on November 28, 2014, 10:41:49 PM
I don't see how one can say he's only done alright considering the record he's had.  But I do agree that the club is in for an uphill battle.  The key is just not to get relegated.

Which, based on how many goals we're shipping lately, is a real possibility. If it doesn't improve, I can see us being one of those teams that drops through the trap door right at the last knockings.

Scrumpy

Quote from: SouthWest6 on November 28, 2014, 10:10:50 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on November 28, 2014, 09:54:16 PM

Jeez  fp.gif

If we lose again and play the way we did against Brentford going into Watford, aren't you at least go to question him?
Absolutely not. I don't know enough about what goes on in training, behind scenes etc. I seem to be in a minority who was reasonably happy with our performance at Brentford. We were winning with 7 minutes to go, at a team that had won the last 3 and is on a real roll. Desperately close to winning. I'm fairly sanguine and can wait until about this time next year before feeling able to properly judge a Manager.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

jags24

Quote from: SouthWest6 on November 28, 2014, 10:50:07 PM
Quote from: jags24 on November 28, 2014, 10:41:49 PM

Which, based on how many goals we're shipping lately, is a real possibility. If it doesn't improve, I can see us being one of those teams that drops through the trap door right at the last knockings.

Well, we have lost three of our four best outside backs, so that is going to have quite an effect right there.  Let's wait and get everybody healthy at that position before we judge it too harshly.

Andy S

Quote from: The Swan on November 28, 2014, 08:31:19 PM
This is a big test for you Kit. You have done well so far but now we must start to win these winnable away games.
We must beat Brighton to put distance between us .I am so sorry that you let Matt Smith go out on loan to Bristol City and yet you could not get a good centre half in on loan.
No pressure then!

HatterDon

I know to many of you we're "way up here" and Brentford are "way down there." The fact is that when we played them at their patch, they were on a run of form even more impressive than our own. And, despite all that, we came within a minute or two from getting a result against a very good side on the road.

I recognize that there are many folks on here who believe we should win every match in the Championship because we are -- after all -- Fulham FC. But here's the thing, this is a VERY tough league and just because we didn't extend our unbeaten streak on the road against a team that's hotter than ours does NOT mean that something is terribly wrong.

Honest to god, I read some of these comments and I wonder if some of you have ever experienced or even paid attention to lower league football in your lives -- or have any idea of football reality. Mods, please note that I make this comment with all respect and love for my fellow Fulham supporters.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: HatterDon on November 29, 2014, 04:10:07 AM
I know to many of you we're "way up here" and Brentford are "way down there." The fact is that when we played them at their patch, they were on a run of form even more impressive than our own. And, despite all that, we came within a minute or two from getting a result against a very good side on the road.

I recognize that there are many folks on here who believe we should win every match in the Championship because we are -- after all -- Fulham FC. But here's the thing, this is a VERY tough league and just because we didn't extend our unbeaten streak on the road against a team that's hotter than ours does NOT mean that something is terribly wrong.

Honest to god, I read some of these comments and I wonder if some of you have ever experienced or even paid attention to lower league football in your lives -- or have any idea of football reality. Mods, please note that I make this comment with all respect and love for my fellow Fulham supporters.

065.gif  082.gif  0001.jpeg
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: HatterDon on November 29, 2014, 04:10:07 AM

Pe
Honest to god, I read some of these comments and I wonder if some of you have ever experienced or even paid attention to lower league football in your lives -- or have any idea of football reality. Mods, please note that I make this comment with all respect and love for my fellow Fulham
supporters.

And that hits the nail on the head,some people on here need a dose of reality,we started this season at almost minus 18points due to the mad german,so staying in this league would be a decent result and proof we've got the right manager.Now I know some people think we can make the play offs as coming from the bottom of the table has been done before,but it really is a big ask in this league as everybody can beat everybody else.
So let's not get on the managers back,he's given us our club back after all,yes we have to kick on,but considering where we came from at the beginning of the season we aren't doing to bad!

colinwhite

We have just come off a run of unbeaten games (7?) and played badly and lost against Brentford . What on earth are you all going on about ?
If we had beaten Brentford ( 1-0 ) up with 10 mi nutes to go , would everyone be questioning Kits position ? Idont think so .
Look we need to steady the ship and for me the most important test of kit today is his team selection . He wasn't happy with our last performance .The is is the first time we have lost and have no excuse but for the fact that we were poor with his best side . Who will now pay the price and how will he change things ?
If we play pretty much the same side today it says 2 things to me .
He thinks our squad is way short of quality ,and that we don't have enough senior players competing for places . He is not going to play all kids , and we clearly need to sign a number of more experienced players in january as the squad he took over was decimated , so for goodness sake stop moaning !

GloucesterWhite

There's no pressure on Kit from me. He is still learning, and is working with a team that is weak in some areas.

I would like Kit to get Chris David back on board, and to buy wisely in January. But he has my full support.