watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roy

Started by Jimpav, July 02, 2010, 08:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

I've been on "staycation" this week so have not been very active. Lots has been said about Roy and his departure. I was slightly suprised that he went to Liverpool but when you are in the twilight of your career it is understandably a hard opportunity to turn down.

When Roy signed for us I was doubtful but he went on to be the most succesfull manager we have ever had. The club was made safe from relegation, we had our highest ever finish and in a final roll of the dice we made a European final and were 4 minutes from penalties.

This was a new golden age for the club and the increased gates and season ticket sales speak volumes.

We may have lost Roy but we still have one of the better squads in the league and an emerging youth squad that are showing signs of
promise.

He has left a legacy in his short time with us and the future need not be bleak. The names being linked with us our promising. Curbishley is not my first choice but he was a steady and that helped Charlton overachieve.

Essentially I would like to thank Roy and wish him every success. I would love to see liverpool win the leauge and Roy lift a European trophy.

Thanks Roy. You took me to place I could only dream of.

Scrumpy

Well said, mate. That pretty much echoes my thoughts. :045:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Fernhurst

Well put young man...... :045:... now..... who's up next for the Stevenage Rd hotseat.  :023: