more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz leaving in Jan....merged threads

Started by jimmyc19, December 07, 2014, 12:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Quote from: J.Perkins on December 20, 2014, 06:47:21 PM
He was a passenger today. If it wasn't for our yellow cards, he would have come off much earlier. We are accommodating him at the moment.

I know! Only one assist. What a slacker  fp.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cheerupjimmyhill

It's amazing how we all see things differently even if some seem a little blinkered.

For me second halve ruiz pulled the strings, including the little cameo with lvc, also just my opinion but the guy has too much class for the championship but I understand why he gets critisised.

Suppose one man's idea of composure and class is another man's idea of lack of passion and laziness.

J.Perkins

Quote from: HatterDon on December 20, 2014, 08:36:12 PM
He was a passenger today. If it wasn't for our yellow cards, he would have come off much earlier. We are accommodating him at the moment.

Please elaborate on why he played well. An assist doesn't mean you played well.

J.Perkins

He was lazy, as per usual. Got in the way of most attacks. Didn't help out defensively when he tracked back. We are putting him in the team for the sake of it.

fulhamben

Quote from: J.Perkins on December 20, 2014, 09:59:59 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on December 20, 2014, 08:36:12 PM

Please elaborate on why he played well. An assist doesn't mean you played well.
no, but it does mean he wasnt a passanger. we must be the only fans in the world who slate our attacking players when we get hammered, then slate them some more when we stuff somone. god knows what will happen if we draw our next game 0 0. burning effigys perhaps?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Max Headroom

He was completely anonymous today apart from his assist, which is of course why he is in the team, but most of the time he is a frustrating passenger,

TonyGilroy

I was told by somebody who said he was told by somebody who said he spoke to Patrick Robert's father who told him that he (Pat - not the father) will be replacing Ruiz when he goes whether it's in January or the summer.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I do hope for his sake he does go
Ruiz is a stylish player, if you cannot see it, or choose to ignore it,  Coooooool
but...........................
why do some of you  keep repeating the lie that he is a poor player  ?????   

TonyGilroy

It'a team game and and the team is doing well in most matches. Two points a game since Kit took over is very good and it's now nearly a third of a season.

But of course this board is packed with experts and analysts who always know better than the guy who's in charge. Personally I enjoy the good games and moan about the bad but to imagine that Ruiz, or any other player, isn't contributing to both is nonsense.

MJG

Quote from: KCat on December 21, 2014, 09:16:47 AM
I do hope for his sake he does go
Ruiz is a stylish player, if you cannot see it, or choose to ignore it,  Coooooool
but...........................
why do some of you  keep repeating the lie that he is a poor player  ????? 
I think everyone can see he has skill and something about him and not as a poor player. What is questioned at times is his commitment,  contribution and general performances.

I'm not a fan and will be alright when he leaves. But as much as I have criticised him but I actually think he has done some good things in the last couple of games.
Not mom performances but has been involved in some good things.

I have two issues with him,  one is his commitment at times at getting physically involved. I'm not talking chopper Harris type tackles but it's when he clearly bottles out of going for the ball. He has improved in that area but still frustrates me and those sitting in the JH stand.
Secondary is he never seems to bust a gut to get forward. How many times for a player playing behind the strikers do we see him run fast to get into the box. A prime example was last week at Leeds,  had ball on left and passed to McCormack close by,  but instead of moving ahead and supporting Ross,  it was... here's the ball my job is done and just stopped.
He did it numerous times at Brighton as well.

Has skill and is not a poor player in the right circumstances,  but at times I still struggle to see what he totally contributes to the cause.

snarks

Ruiz had a good game, but those that don't like him will see what you want to see irrespective of what happens.

He has had poor games, but yesterday wasn't one of them

Me-ate-Live, innit??

MJG, I agree with some of the things you say ......
However, In 2011 We,  Fulham got  ourselves a lovely, lovely  player,  envied by many clubs..........but then  Jol, Rene, Felix  and fan managed to destroy,  dismantle  him.   I think Kit is working a little magic and we see glimpses of the player that was,  
It will take time to undo  damage done to the soul of a man.

The Rock

Quote from: KCat on December 21, 2014, 09:56:00 AM
MJG, I agree with some of the things you say ......
However, In 2011 We,  Fulham got  ourselves a lovely, lovely  player,  envied by many clubs..........but then  Jol, Rene, Felix  and fan managed to destroy,  dismantle  him.   I think Kit is working a little magic and we see glimpses of the player that was,  
It will take time to undo  damage done to the soul of a man.

Great point. He doesn't seem/most don't perceive him to have any issues at all at International level either.