watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz leaving in Jan....merged threads

Started by jimmyc19, December 07, 2014, 12:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyc19

News we all expected but a mate of mine has a dad in clearing out houses for people about to leave and he's doing Bryan's house at the moment says he's off in jan

rockieroad

Good luck to him. Erevdise, Serie A, and maybe even Bundesliga will do him good.

cmg

Mince n Tatties

cmg

This worries me for two reasons:

1. How come the only club that seems to be interested in him is one with no money?

2. With his house now cleared, will Bryan have to spend Christmas in a tent in Bishop's Park?

Deanothefulhamfan

If Ruiz does leave it will leave a hole. David and Woodrow could easily slot in that role, but one has a bad attitude, and the other has falling out of favour. Hyndman I guess could be interesting, as he is one of the best passers at our club, and would add a bit of creative edge, but maybe not his preferred position.

I expect him to leave, and do wonder why he continues to play, unless Kit has a replacement lined up

Slaphead in Qatar

wonder what we get for him.

one point to make - he looked crestfallen when subbed against watford, as if he really cared.

dannyboi-ffc

Can't say in surprised or even too bothered about this. As long as others are brought in, he's done quite well since he came back and has helped to turn us around but he isn't the saviour some would like to think he is.

It depends how much we get for him, if it's 2 mill or less I'd say just keep him and lose him for nothing but any more than that and we should take the money.  Football's a business after all.

I think Kit was wrong to take him off the other night instead of fofana, lately ruiz' work rate has improved and I don't think Fofana contributed anything that ruiz wouldn't have. We missed his creativity and link from defence to attack.

Having said that after weighing up the pros and cons I think we should take monty pythons advice and "welease bwyan"
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 07, 2014, 08:54:40 AM

It depends how much we get for him, if it's 2 mill or less I'd say just keep him and lose him for nothing but any more than that and we should take the money.  Football's a business after all.

I think Kit was wrong to take him off the other night instead of fofana, lately ruiz' work rate has improved and I don't think Fofana contributed anything that ruiz wouldn't have. We missed his creativity and link from defence to attack.

+1

Chutney

Ruiz has been a decent buy, he has always given his best and on occasion he has been a class above. The loyalty he has demonstrated by dropping down a division and playing in a situation where many other players would of thrown their toys out and forced a move has earn him a great deal of my respect. I will be sad to see him go and I wish him all the best.
C O Y W

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Chutney on December 07, 2014, 09:44:30 AM
Ruiz has been a decent buy, he has always given his best and on occasion he has been a class above. The loyalty he has demonstrated by dropping down a division and playing in a situation where many other players would of thrown their toys out and forced a move has earn him a great deal of my respect. I will be sad to see him go and I wish him all the best.

It was a good post until you said ruiz has shown loyalty. Ruiz isn't here because he wants to help Fulham back up, more like no one was willing to pay the right price for him and he was stuck here.

And I don't remember him showing much loyalty last year when all he cared about was the world cup. Ditching us for psv to be guaranteed first team football rather than help us avoid relegation doesn't warrant a loyalty sticker in my eyes.

I can't deny he has been trying but if the right club wants him in January,  he won't hesitate or think twice about where Fulham are. Award him for his efforts lately but please not his loyalty

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Chutney

He's been loyal in that he has played when asked, in whatever position he's been asked for whichever manager has been in charge. I'm not saying he cares about fulham because he probably doesn't, i'm just saying well done to him for getting on with it and honouring his contract instead of refusing to play and throwing a tantrum like so many others would of done.
C O Y W

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 07, 2014, 09:57:33 AM

It was a good post until you said ruiz has shown loyalty. Ruiz isn't here because he wants to help Fulham back up, more like no one was willing to pay the right price for him and he was stuck here.

And I don't remember him showing much loyalty last year when all he cared about was the world cup. Ditching us for psv to be guaranteed first team football rather than help us avoid relegation doesn't warrant a loyalty sticker in my eyes.

I can't deny he has been trying but if the right club wants him in January,  he won't hesitate or think twice about where Fulham are. Award him for his efforts lately but please not his loyalty
wasnt that the same situation for hugo though? didnt we sign smith on dead line day because we thought hugo was off, but his suitors dropped out. didnt bobby z only stay with us because hull wouldnt pay him what he wanted too?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Rhys Lightning 63

I'd be interested to see Ross McCormack drop into the '#10' role, behind the front two and then put Matt Smith up top. His flick ons for Hugo running behind would be fun to watch
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on December 07, 2014, 10:39:09 AM

wasnt that the same situation for hugo though? didnt we sign smith on dead line day because we thought hugo was off, but his suitors dropped out. didnt bobby z only stay with us because hull wouldnt pay him what he wanted too?

Yes but Hugo has openly admitted he wants to stay now and was only ever leaving because he didn't think he would play much here. Ruiz wants to leave because he's convinced he's above us and this level which I suppose he is but funny other clubs haven't seen it that way with a year to go on his contract.

Hugo also didn't leave in January and ditch us regardless of never playing.  He ended up being important to us in the end. I like ruiz but I think it's laughable to call him loyal just because he's still here. There's a lot more to it than that

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

fulhamben

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 07, 2014, 11:29:09 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on December 07, 2014, 10:39:09 AM

Yes but Hugo has openly admitted he wants to stay now and was only ever leaving because he didn't think he would play much here. Ruiz wants to leave because he's convinced he's above us and this level which I suppose he is but funny other clubs haven't seen it that way with a year to go on his contract.

Hugo also didn't leave in January and ditch us regardless of never playing.  He ended up being important to us in the end. I like ruiz but I think it's laughable to call him loyal just because he's still here. There's a lot more to it than that
you have far more faith in players than i do. i believe that if somone had of wanted him, hugo would have gone in the summer. and i believe if somone better wants him in jan then he will be off then too. its funny how players like saha steed and dempsey are deemed as greats, yet threw there toys out of the pram to get moves, and yet ruiz has stayed and just got on with it in a lower league, and he has no loyalty. hell even the great murphy walked out on us because he couldnt get what he wanted, and some still scream for him to be given a coaching role
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FPT

We still need to match the Football League's Financial Fair Play, and receiving £2m to further improve, as well as getting his wages away from the football club is worth it. Let him go, it's been a sad 30 months with him, never eclipsing his talent in Holland, bar the odd moment.

MJG

Quote from: FPT on December 07, 2014, 12:27:05 PM
We still need to match the Football League's Financial Fair Play, and receiving £2m to further improve, as well as getting his wages away from the football club is worth it. Let him go, it's been a sad 30 months with him, never eclipsing his talent in Holland, bar the odd moment.
don't talk sense about FFP most people think Khan just has to write a cheque out for £40m and all will be sorted,  expect he can't do that.

epsomraver

Quote from: jimmyc19 on December 07, 2014, 12:03:18 AM
News we all expected but a mate of mine has a dad in clearing out houses for people about to leave and he's doing Bryan's house at the moment says he's off in jan

Ruiz lives in an apartment according to a source close to the club and his paper bill is paid till after January, more pure tosh

Ged

Quote from: jimmyc19 on December 07, 2014, 12:03:18 AM
i feel sorry for bryan having to live in an empty house until january
what dose your mates dad do with all the stuff?